Hint for all non-English players: Pinball FX3 & PUP Player

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark70
    Participant
      @mark70

I experienced this during setting up PUP Player for the FX3 Aliens table,  and thought this could save a lot of time for one or the other.
      It’s just copy and pasted from the Aliens support thread, that’s why it says “you” sometime:

I had the problem that I could only see about 30 percent of the videos playing (compared to your YT videos).
      After hours of playing around with every possible setting, I suddenly had the idea what the cause could be.
      It came to my mind that you trigger the videos from DMD events, and you did all the setting by using an
      DMD which is displaying in english. Zen did a good job, they translated the DMD, so mine is displaying in german!
      After changing the language settings for FX to englisch, everything is working fine. Please note, you can’t change it
      within the game, you can find the language setting in the Steam PinballFX properties.
      So this will be the case for all non-english players.

Terry mentioned that it is also possible to replace the english DMD images, if someone is able to capture the DMD
      OK now get the Aliens PuP Pack if you don’t have it yet, it’s worth it :))

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

I experienced this during setting up PUP Player for the FX3 Aliens table, and thought this could save a lot of time for one or the other. It’s just copy and pasted from the Aliens support thread, that’s why it says “you” sometime: I had the problem that I could only see about 30 percent of the videos playing (compared to your YT videos). After hours of playing around with every possible setting, I suddenly had the idea what the cause could be. It came to my mind that you trigger the videos from DMD events, and you did all the setting by using an DMD which is displaying in english. Zen did a good job, they translated the DMD, so mine is displaying in german! After changing the language settings for FX to englisch, everything is working fine. Please note, you can’t change it within the game, you can find the language setting in the Steam PinballFX properties. So this will be the case for all non-english players. Terry mentioned that it is also possible to replace the english DMD images, if someone is able to capture the DMD

Watch this video to learn how to make your own PuPCapture images for another language.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?