Reply To: How are you connecting to Pinscape board?

LynnInDenver
Participant
    @lynnindenver

Here’s a pic from Radiant Silverball’s reassembly process, not all the cabling is installed, but it shows the mounted assembly I made up for the Pinscape setup on the left, the 24V relay system on the right. The green blocks in front of it are the screw terminals, so you can see how I’ve got it set up. I only have a subset of the PWM channels coming out of it – basically one of each board timer, but further LED DOF in the cabinet will probably be done through an LEDWiz.

The big black block to the left of the Pinscape is the ground bus bar assigned to the Pinscape – it also ties to the ground of the 5V power supply hanging on the left wall of the cabinet that drives the seven front panel lights (Start, Extra Ball, Exit, three Coin Slots, and Launch) to correct for an issue with DOF control I was having. Right now, the 24V relay system has it’s own independent ground. Everything is built for future expandability – I can mount another relay board on the right, there’s room for an LEDWiz in the mix later, etc. The only real constraint is that I’m standardizing on 24V for all relays and solenoids to keep the power needs simplified.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?