Black Hole (Gottlieb 1981)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    cyberpez
    Participant
      @cyberpez

Black Hole (Gottlieb 1981)

Hey There,

Here is a vpx update to my Black Hole table.

New Stuff…  First off, big thanks to wrd1972 and rothbauerw for helping me finish this one up… Without them, who knows when it would have been finished.  I do know it would not play nearly as well!!

Wrd helped rescale and resize both the upper and lower playfield.  (we rebuilt the lower twice to get the angle just right)  He also spent way too much time on the physics.. (trust me it’s a compliment)  I envy his attention to detail in that area.

Roth rescripted and cleaned up most of the code.  Took out all of my timer based hacks.

hauntfreaks Helped out with the lighting among other things I forget.  It was also his idea for the Blacklight multiball.

Leaf switches stolen from BorgDog.

Various bolts and screws from Dark and Zany.

Lots of new stuff by me..  New primitive plastics, gates, spinner, ball mod, etc, etc.

Again, thanks to wrd and roth for all their help, table testing and attention to detail!!!

Check script for options!!!!!

So many Options!!!!!

—————–

See below for the old info from the VP9 version with notes of changes I made.  Again thanks to them, this table would not exist without that version or their help

—————–

Black Hole was one of the first tables I loaded onto my cabinet and it rocked!! I played it a bunch then moved on to the other 300 or so tables.  Looking for another table to work on, I decided to give this one a go.  I’m happy with how it turned out and hope you will all enjoy it!!!!  This is a complete from-scratch build of it.

Things I did:

I started with only a manual and blank table.  I did have to peak at the old versions to figure out how couple of things worked.. (so thanks destruk, PataTrox and Mostly Decaf for your original tables)…. it was mostly just A LOT of trial and error.

I did a redraw of both the lower and upper playfield from the ones TAB uploaded to the site. (Thanks!!)  Plastics I redrew from the best pics I could find.  Only things I didn’t redraw are the space men and planets/asteroids..  those are taken from the best pics I could find.

—————————————-

Take a look at the top of the script… lots of options. (even more than before!!)

—————————————-

Old Credits and Thanks that still apply:

Thanks to the test team!!  The Loafer, Shadowsclassic, Nemo, Arngrim, dboyrecords, Zany.  With their help we squashed bugs and tweaked the playability.  They pushed me to make it the best looking and playable table we could.  So thanks again!!!!

Thanks to freneticamnesic, He helped get the lower bonus score working right!!!  He also did the primitive spring, re-entry tube and ball diverter!!!  (I did redo the spring for the VPX version)

Thanks to Zany for doing the primitive pop bumpers and flippers! He also did the window, much more windowy now (new window model by me, but used Zany’s texture)

Thanks to Arngrim for adding in DOF, and helping with the sound code!!  (Roth Updated the DOF code for the VPX version)

Thanks to all the Table Authors, Table Template Builders, Primitive Builders, etc. that have come before me.  It’s AMAZING(!!!!!!!) what you have all done with this program.  I’d give you all credit but I’d never stop typing names.  Thanks!!!

—————————————-

If you find any bugs or oddities let me know and I’ll do my best to get them fixed up.

Once again I hope you Enjoy!!!

-cyberpez

Total of 32 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

Thanks, Cyberpez.  It’s been marinating for a long time… I’m sure it will be nice and tasty.    :good:

HauntFreaks
          @hauntfreaks
          vipContributorMember

whoo hoo… it’s done!!…… so many options!!… great work as always

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

GREAT choice for a build! true classic machine. Thank you for all the Time you put into this looks very nice :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

Way to go, Cyberpez. What a beauty. Thanks!

markrock76
              Participant
                @markrock76

Table is incredible.  Wow does not do it justice.  Plays so good and exciting.  The blacklight with planets and asteroids lit is really nice!!  Really looking forward to the blacklight on BTTF  B-)

TNT2
                Participant
                  @tnt2

I was never too impressed with this table in Pinball Arcade.

Now in hindsight of course I realize that that table was not a true representation.

Looking forward to trying this.

TNT2
                  Participant
                    @tnt2

Plays great! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the table.  :good:

bord
                      @bord
                      MembervipContributorModerator

I got to spend some time on a Black Hole on location this last weekend. It was great! Thanks for tying a ribbon on the VPX version.

Jesperpark
                      Participant
                        @jesperpark

Thanks to everyone especially Cyperpez for the great work.  Love it

This fills the void i’ve had ever since i had a chance to buy a real Black Hole, missed out by 10 minutes..

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

Thanks cyberpez!

Punch it!

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

Great ! Thank you !

TXT11
                            Participant
                              @txt11

Great table – Thank You B-)

Laylow
                              Participant
                                @pinlow
                                MemberContributor

Thanks CP, awesome release!

Ah

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

Thanks Man, thanks to all others ! Was much works for sure, now its amazing ! :good:

Jinxy
                                  Participant
                                    @jinxy

Great job on this one very nice. Thanks to the whole team for all your hard work. :good:

Pinbolt
                                    Participant
                                      @pinbolt

Thank you very much for VPX version.

STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

I remember, there was anything with the Sound on or off while playing … how i can de/activate this ?

Sometimes i love it, sometimes not, the Sound  ;-)
                                        Overall: great Table Cyberpez :good:

kds70
                                        Participant
                                          @kds70

Great table thank you. Noticed that the Bumpers and some other toys didn´t work with DOF. The slingshots are working for example. Am i doing something wrong? Used 2 Roms to test and updated DOF Table config for 3 times now; Bumpers aren´t working. :scratch:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Scooby
                                          Participant
                                            @scooby

Thanks cyberpez and everyone involved in recreating this fun table.  I have a question regarding DOF for this table.

For some reason, only the flippers are firing my solenoids.  All other items such as pop bumpers, slingshots, etc. do not fire any of my DOF toys.

I have tried both the blckhole and blkhole7 roms and associated DOF configs, but have the same result.

Any ideas how to get the rest of the table toys to fire my solenoids with DOF?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 83 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?