Bluto 3D by Dark (Popeye saves the Earth)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/bluto-3d-by-dark-popeye-saves-the-earth/

A high poly sculpt was made in ZBRush which was then optimised and through the use of normal maps retains a high level of detail.

Please note I have made the textures at 2048×2048(quality), you can downsize them to 1024×1024 or 512×512.

3dcreation

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

Dark, if I wanted to play around with modelling a bit, is zbrush a good app to go with?

Dark
          @dark
          vipMemberContributor

@Drybonz

Pixelogic the makers of ZBrush also make Sculptris, it’s like the baby (free) version.  You could always start with that and then if you dig it, move onto ZBrush, as it handles pretty much the same except ZBrush is a lot more complicated and Sculptris has been really simplified.  I started with Sculptris and realised the potential I had to make models more intuitively, creatively and most importantly faster!  ZBrush like most 3D software has a steep learning curve (which I’m still climbing) but I’ve really fallen in love with the software, so much so in fact that it motivated me to finally break down and buy a high end graphics tablet, which really is a must have for anyone looking to get serious with ZBrush.  The problem with creating models in ZBrush is, they will look fantastic in ZBrush but they’re basically useless outside of ZBrush due to the high face counts, so there’s a lot of procedures and methods for taking those high poly sculpts and optimising them for the end product.

I still do a lot of traditional polygon modelling but for organic models like characters such as Bluto here, I definitely prefer sculpting in ZBrush as it feels well suited for the artist.

3dcreation

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

Oh, Knorr gave you a Like, that sounds good for a WIP ? :whistle:

ICPjuggla
              @icpjuggla
              MembervipModerator

Not sure if it’s too late for this but Bluto’s nose lights up. Not sure if it’s too late to make his nose a separate mesh and hollow so a light could be used inside of it.. :-)

awesome work dark it looks amazing.

Dark
                @dark
                vipMemberContributor

Not sure if it’s too late for this but Bluto’s nose lights up. Not sure if it’s too late to make his nose a separate mesh and hollow so a light could be used inside of it.. :-) awesome work dark it looks amazing.

The texture map for Bluto is photoshop friendly, just use color dodge tool on nose :) :

3dcreation

2 users thanked author for this post.
                jipeji16
                Participant
                  @jipeji16

Another cool 3d mesh !!! Very good work !! Thanks Dark !!!!! :good:   :good:   :good:

Is there somewhere a WIP for this funny Pinball ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

Another cool 3d mesh !!! Very good work !! Thanks Dark !!!!! :good: :good: :good:

I’m not really sure, I just happened to have decent enough resources to make the model so I just did it, along with the freddy model in the hopes someone would utilize them some day.  I know freddy got used by someone on the Italian site.

Someone will get around to Popeye’s sooner or later I’m sure.

3dcreation

TerryRed
                      @terryred
                      MemberContributorModerator

Another cool 3d mesh !!! Very good work !! Thanks Dark !!!!! :good: :good: :good:

I’m not really sure, I just happened to have decent enough resources to make the model so I just did it, along with the freddy model in the hopes someone would utilize them some day. I know freddy got used by someone on the Italian site.

Have you played around with 3d sculpting in VR on Oculus or Vive?  It really is a completely different way to create 3D models with sculpting. Really neat stuff!

jipeji16
                      Participant
                        @jipeji16

OK Dark ;) It’s me ;) ;) ;) i used it with your glover (Chucky ask you for it ;) ), and very happy to do it ;) very nice primitive !! Usualy i try to build some of them, but i m not good with this kind of mesh ;) I hope somenone will rebuild Popeye !!!

Thank you very much for Freddy’s primitive and for all your work appreciated by all of us !!!

See you :good:   :good:   :good:

Dark
                          @dark
                          vipMemberContributor

I’m not really sure, I just happened to have decent enough resources to make the model so I just did it, along with the freddy model in the hopes someone would utilize them some day. I know freddy got used by someone on the Italian site.

Have you played around with 3d sculpting in VR on Oculus or Vive? It really is a completely different way to create 3D models with sculpting. Really neat stuff!

I don’t have any VR equipment,  I feel like VR still needs further development before I hop on the bandwagon.  I don’t want to dish out the coin for a head set and peripherals only to have all the equipment be obsolete in a few years.  If I had more money to just piss away I’d of bought one by now, but I probably also would have bought a nice 3D printer as well.

3dcreation

jipeji16
                          Participant
                            @jipeji16

Hi Dark, just to say the wip started !!!!! ;) ;) Thank you for you very beautiful mesh !! It’s just imported :) i’ll show you the progression ;) ;)

See you

JPJ

Attachments:
                            3 users thanked author for this post.
                            firebrand007
                            Participant
                              @firebrand007

Wow !  Excited to see some work on Popeye, it’s one of the last VP9 tables on my pincab (along with the Flintstones and Phantom of the Opera) as it’s beautiful and plays very nicely – I look forward to seeing a revamped VPX version ! :)

Dark
                                @dark
                                vipMemberContributor

Wow ! Excited to see some work on Popeye, it’s one of the last VP9 tables on my pincab (along with the Flintstones and Phantom of the Opera) as it’s beautiful and plays very nicely – I look forward to seeing a revamped VPX version ! :)

I did make a model for the bronto crane for Flintstones,  I may be able to get some resource pics for the stone buildings, if so I’ll try and get around to doing those at some point.  I’d like to see Flintstones in vpx as well so hopefully someone will get motivated by the models.

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                jipeji16
                                Participant
                                  @jipeji16

Motivated by all your work Dark !!!!!! ;) ;) ;) :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

I show you, an image of the Popeye’s WIP ;) ;)

Attachments:
                                  STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

Really ? Thanks i.a. Man, Popeye is for sure a cool Table as VPX :good:

Dark
                                      @dark
                                      vipMemberContributor

You should talk to mfuegemann maybe, I know he had a bunch of resources for Popeye, perhaps you could pool them.

3dcreation

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?