Desktop tables – DMD area is black – no scores

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jevansoh
    Participant
      @jevansoh

Hi,

While I’m waiting on my cabinet to be finished, I’ve downloaded several desktop tables and unfortunately, where the DMD window is located, normally in the top left hand corner, it’s normally just a black box with no dmd or score showing.

It’s like this on almost every table I’ve installed.

Any tips as to what I may be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

–J

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr

Need a bit more information. Are you playing  fs or dt? If you run vpinmame setup and test a rom manually does it show up? If you alt tab can you find the score display?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
        Participant
          @jevansoh

I’m running desktop versions of tables.  If I alt-tab I see the tab with the DMD but it’s just  a black box.  The black box appears over the game and I can move it around, so it’s not hidden, it’s just black instead of showing the score/dmd.

Thanks,

–J

jevansoh
          Participant
            @jevansoh

When I use VpinMame and click Test, then Start a game from within that (Tried 24 v1.5) I get the same thing…Just a black box where the score/dmd should be.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr

Any errors? Rom plays but you cannot see dmd? Is it only Sam tables? If so make sure you have newest Sam vpinmame from vpu

for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
              Participant
                @jevansoh

Rom plays fine but just can’t see DMD.  I see the box for it but it’s black.  It’s all tables that use a DMD box like that.  Ones that have the scoring built in to what looks like a backglass work fine but those are mainly older tables.

jevansoh
                Participant
                  @jevansoh

There are no errors.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr

If your not getting any errors I assume the rom is playing. Double check your vpinmame setup and look at display settings make sure they are correct. Also make sure no .dll’s are block and vpinmame.exe is setup to run as admin

for IOS and Android

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
                    Participant
                      @jevansoh

I’ve checked all that.  Tried turning DMD display off then back on, tried disabling/enabling it in the script.  Everything is set to run as admin.  Nothing is blocked.  The box appears fine, and I can move it around the screen.  It’s just black and nothing displays in it.  Was hoping this was something simple I was overlooking but it’s appearing that’s not the case. :(  I don’t know what else to try.

jevansoh
                      Participant
                        @jevansoh

bump… I’ve tried everything I can think of.  Anyone else have any clues?

Thanks,

–J

jevansoh
                        Participant
                          @jevansoh

Since I didn’t get too many responses here and still had the problem after trying all the helpful tips from RandR I decided to post my problem on another forum, too.

Someone else had this problem and posted the solution.

I figured I’d close this thread out by letting folks know the solution in case someone else runs into this problem at some point.

I had my DPI settings to 150% and my resolution set to 1920×1080. I couldn’t see fonts, icons, text, etc very well even though I have a 27″ monitor so I changed the DPI setting a long time ago. Never had any problems until now.

I had to lower my resolution considerably to get a similar effect (size) with the 100% DPI setting, but sure enough, it fixed the problem!

So changing DPI setting to default of 100% is a MUST for Visual Pinball to display the DMD properly and now I’ll have to run with a lower resolution to be able to see things, but it’s a fair compromise and I’m sure I’ll be playing a lot more pinball now that I can see my score!

Thanks,

–J

HORAMAG
                          Participant
                            @horamag

Hola ! La tabla funciona maravillosamente, pero no solo tengo el mismo problema, (VPinballX 10.6.0.0 – PinMAME32 3.2.0.0 – 2 Monitores – tabla y backglass) (específicamente usando Wipe Out (Premier 1993) 1.1.0) No solo No tengo DMD en el Backglass, pero ni siquiera me muestra la ventana negra en la parte superior izquierda en el monitor de la mesa (sin usar el modo de gabinete). Si alguien puede ayudarme, estaré eternamente agradecido. Foto adjunta de ambos monitores en partido completo. Gracias por solo leer esta publicación.

Magnum

Magnum

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

@horamag

Intente eliminar el nvram y la clave de registro para la rom. En algún momento puede resolver cosas extrañas como esta. También probaría con otro cristal trasero.

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

HORAMAG
                              Participant
                                @horamag

@thalamus

Gracias amigo por tu cordialidad ! Realice minuciosamente todos los pasos que me has sugerido, pero el resultado es el mismo ! “NO DMD”. Pero siguiendo con mis pruebas, obtuve lo siguiente : 1_Inicié la mesa como de costumbre – 2_Una vez iniciada (no en el modo cabinet ya que mis monitores por el momento estan instalados en la pared) ► “Esc” ► Quit to editor – 3_En el editor ► Properties ► Backglass/POV ►”Destildo” “Test Desktop”, y el tablero que antes lo tenia en el modo “Perspectiva”, lo cambia mostrándolo en modo “Cabinet”. 4_Table ► Play ► Reinicia la mesa pero cambiando al modo Cabinet, siempre sin DMD. 5_Alt+Tab “MILAGRO” en una de las ventana “APARECE EL DMD !!!! ” 6_Manteniendo presionado Alt+Tab ► Mouse “Click Izq” sobre la ventana que se visualiza el DMD y sobre el Backglass, ahora si tengo el “Bendito DMD” sobre el monitor de Backglas 7_Retomando los pasos anteriores y “Retildando” “Test Desktop”, volvemos a la situación inicial. Si hay otra sugerencia, por favor háganmela saber. Nuevamente muchas gracias !!!

Thanks friend for your cordiality! Carry out carefully all the steps that you have suggested, but the result is the same! “NO DMD”. But continuing with my tests, I got the following: 1_I started the table as usual – 2_Once started (not in cabinet mode since my monitors are currently installed on the wall) ► “Esc” ► Quit to editor – 3_In the editor ► Properties ► Backglass / POV ► “Destildo” “Test Desktop”, and the board that previously had it in “Perspective” mode, changes it showing it in “Cabinet” mode. 4_Table ► Play ► Restarts the table but changing to Cabinet mode, always without DMD. 5_Alt + Tab “MIRACLE” in one of the “DMD APPEARS !!!!” windows DMD “on the Backglas 7 monitor_Returning the previous steps and” Retildando “” Test Desktop “, we return to the initial situation. If there is any other suggestion please let me know. Again thank you very much !!!

Magnum

Magnum

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

La mayoría de nosotros usamos freezy, y dmdddevice, cuando comienzas a hacerlo. Tiene un archivo de configuración dmddevice.ini, dentro del cual puede saber dónde debe estar la ubicación del dmd. Si debería estar en el frente, etc. También se ve mejor que el dmd incorporado de pinmame. Entonces ese es un beneficio adicional. Pero ten cuidado. Muchas tablas tienen dmd habilitado dentro del script si ejecuta el escritorio. Tendrás que marcar eso. También deshabilita pinmame con F1 y al mismo tiempo habilita freezy marcando ‘use external’.

HORAMAG
                                  Participant
                                    @horamag

@thalamus

Nuevamente dandote las gracias y desde un principio pidiendo disculpas anticipadas por lo “muy básico” en cuanto a conocimientos en este rubro, ya que recién me inicio en el tema, buscando tutoriales del “freezy” que me sugieres, he descargado e instalado el mismo, pero realmente no puedo (o no se ) como habilitarlo ( o hacer las configuraciones para que se ejecute ), pero no importa, para poder utilizar la mesa en el modo “apaisado” (no cabinet) “ENCONTRE LA SOLUCION !!!! “: Simplemente desmontando de la carpeta “Tables” todos los archivos “B2S”, al no ejecutarse el servidor, ya no tengo el segundo monitor con el backglass, pero en el principal “APARECE” el “AMADO DMD !!! ” como podrás apreciar en la foto que adjunto. Seguramente existirán otras opciones mejores, pero éste “PARCHE” que probé me da una solución parcial y puedo utilizar la mesa. Cerrando te envío un gran saludo desde Buenos Aires : Horacio

Magnum

Magnum

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Eso para mí se parece a dmddevice: busque en dmddevice.ini la altura y el ancho de la posición x e y. Una vez que lo ingrese, todo el tiempo que presione F1 y marque el uso externo, el dmd se colocará como ya lo ha indicado en la configuración que menciono anteriormente.
                                      Tienes dos monitores?
                                      Si es así, también necesita, y primero debe solucionar esto. Configurar screenres.txt: hay muchos artículos sobre cómo hacerlo. Lo sé, es difícil al comienzo, pero, una vez que arreglas esto, todas las cosas deberían encajar más o menos cada vez por sí mismas.

mrpinkdonttip
                                      Participant
                                        @mrpinkdonttip

Hi, thanks for posting what worked for you, I was having the same problem and you helped me fix it. FYI you can change the properties for the visual pinball program to tell the system not to adjust the dpi and this way you can keep your high resolution / high dpi settings. I’m using a 4k resolution with 300% dpi scaling and this works good for me.

Locate the EXE file in File Explorer. (I just right clicked the visual pinball shortcut in the start menu, then “more” then “open file location”)
                                        Right-click it, choose Properties.
                                        Click the Compatibility tab.
                                        Click “Change high DPI settings”
                                        Check the box to “Override high dpi settings” (and choose the performed by option of “system”)

Please let me know if my instructions don’t work and I’ll try again.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?