Failed to load DLL

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    clinto69
    Participant
      @clinto69

I’m also having these issues and cant work out what the problem is

If ddraw is set to 0, I get a “Failed to Load DLL” error on both Exclusive Fullscreen mode is set to on or off settings when i try to start the game.

If ddraw is set to 1 and exclusive Fullscreen is set to On I get the “rom terminated before initialization” error after i close that message the playfield loadsĀ  but the table doesnt light up and play.

If ddraw is set to 1 and exclusive Fullscreen is set to Off I get the Failed to Load DLL error

Can anyone assist? I literally have hour and hours into this so far.

Thanks

Thalamus
        @thalamus

The real problem is most probably “Failed to Load DLL”, the reason why you see different errors is that when you are in FullScreen with ddraw to 1, another error comes before the other one. Is it only one table ? What table ? Pup ? More info please.

clinto69
        Participant
          @clinto69

It’s the table we are not allowed to talk about, but you know, who you gonna call? And it is the only table I’m having this issue with. I’m using 2 screens, no PUP, no Ultra/Freezy. Stock VPX and PinballY

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Yeah. Well, I was right then. This is a DLL loading problem, and there can be several reasons. You need to follow the install instructions and patch it correctly. Also, make sure you have all the required .net versions. I don’t remember which ones those are. Maybe someone that has re-installed their cabinet can tell you the last part.

clinto69
            Participant
              @clinto69

Yes it was the Redist packages issues. I found an all in one installer and that fixed the issue.

H2SO4JB
              Participant
                @h2so4jb

I also had this “Failed to load DLL” error, which is why I found this thread. Since the Google Drive link in this thread
                no longer works, and no one here writes exactly what file to install, I want to help others with the same issue:

Download these files:
                https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Don’t run the included BAT file! Instead, install the six files in order ending with _x86 (even if you are running 64 bit Windows).

Restart your computer. Now, the “Failed to load DLL” error should be gone.Ā  :-)

8 users thanked author for this post.
                apayne82
                Participant
                  @apayne82

I bookmarked this page just to come back and say THANK YOU after restarting.Ā  Error fixed – H2SO4JB coming up big!

H2SO4JB
                  Participant
                    @h2so4jb

I bookmarked this page just to come back and say THANK YOU after restarting. Error fixed ā€“ H2SO4JB coming up big!

I’m glad my instructions could help someone. :-)

gothgloom
                    Participant
                      @gothgloom

Thanks H2SO4JB!

That worked solve my DLL issue too!

Auglaize99
                      Participant
                        @auglaize99

Thanks, the x86 files fixed the dll error. The table and backglass load, but the DMD flickers mostly off and briefly on. Happy to hear any suggestions, am not real confident with the VPinSPA install and folder.

outhere
                          @outhere

Thanks, the x86 files fixed the dll error. The table and backglass load, but the DMD flickers mostly off and briefly on. Happy to hear any suggestions, am not real confident with the VPinSPA install and folder.

For that game you have to use the DmdDevice.dll File form Freezy 1.71
                          Put it in the VPinSPA Folder
                          https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases/tag/v1.7.1

Auglaize99
                          Participant
                            @auglaize99

Thanks, that did the trick. I am new to this and so far the DMDs have given me more trouble than anything else. I need to study a bit more so I understand what is going on so I can make adjustments when I want to.

jegaje
                            Participant
                              @jegaje

Hi, I need some help I have installed Autocad on my windows 10 and the problem is when I launch the program pop-ups a message missing aaa DLL files please reinstall the program to fix the problem? Can someone tell me how to find which file is missing and where to find it?

Genesis38
                              Participant
                                @genesis38

Thank you for this H2SO4JB! I do have a question in regards to the files. I noticed there’s 12 files all together inside the zip file. I’m assuming it’s the bottom 6 that you recommend to install?

H2SO4JB
                                Participant
                                  @h2so4jb

Thank you for this H2SO4JB! I do have a question in regards to the files. I noticed thereā€™s 12 files all together inside the zip file. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s the bottom 6 that you recommend to install?

You are welcome! Read my entire post carefully again…

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Genesis38
                                  Participant
                                    @genesis38

Doh! Six files underneath the bat file.Ā  Got it!

Thanks H2SO4JB!

tazrulz05
                                    Participant
                                      @tazrulz05

I accidently installed them all using the bat file.Ā  Any way to reverse this and start over?

H2SO4JB
                                      Participant
                                        @h2so4jb

You uninstall each package just like any other Windows program: Control Panel —> Uninstall a program

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Ā©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?