Party Animal (Bally 1987)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/party-animal-bally-1987/

This was a group effort between Matt @Mlager8 and myself to bring you Bally’s Party Animal.  This project may not have happened if not for Mlager8 stepping up and building a beautiful playfield from sketchy resources.  When he volunteered to do this, the project had been stalled for months, but when he stepped in it took right off.

Matt took multiple resources and made an amazing playfield for the base of the table.  We were also very luck to get help from Brian Wright on pinside, soon to be here, with some great hi-res images of the plastics and back wall.  Matt made up all of the plastics, frog primitives, multiple attempts at the ramp primitives to get it perfect and the tedious work on the jukebox.  I think we redid the jukebox 3 times to get it actually working like the real one.  Great job!!!

Other contributors that we should all give thanks too:

@32Assassin, for getting the build going with converting the VP9 table to VPX, for all of his additional script work and helping me along the way to understand how to manipulate this stuff, thank you.

@Thalamus, for all of his Surround Sound Feedback implementation and other sound support  which makes this table pop.  Thanks for all the numerous testing requests and for all of the help you have given me in my VPX journey.

@Cyberpez, for taking all of Matt’s jukebox renders and coming up with a code to make this thing actually work right.  The jukebox is the main item in table, thanks for bringing this all together for us.

Last but not least, @Bord, for your support, knowledge and expertise along this build.  For all of his help with getting the lights correct, adding shadows to make the lights pop and for following along as this table came together.  Thank you for all of your help, sir.

Gameplay:  This table uses magnasave buttons to cycle the pig and out lights on the left and right.  Click on the info tab in VPX for instructions on how to get into the service menu to change options like number of balls.

*****Use the attached NVRAM for tilting purposes******

Check out: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2353-party-animalbally-1987/

Thanks to Brian Wright for some great hi-res images of the translate which @Wildman took and updated his backglass.  There was even an alternate Dad’s Root Beer backglass, which I could only find one image of, that Wildman was able to recreate.  Thanks Wildman for all of your wonderful B2s support.  (updated Dad’s B2s coming later today with both mugs root beer)

Total of 70 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus

A big pat on the back to you Tom and Matt. I did not expect this to come out as good as it has to be honest. :rose:

I wish more Pinsiders where like Brian Wright. Thank you very much ! Recreation of these rare machines is important, and helping this community with resources is a sure way of making it available for anyone in years to come, for free !

Thank you to the regular helpers you mentioned as well. I did not do much on this table. The guys had it all working from the very first beta I got.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Tom
        bord
          @bord

Thanks for letting us all follow along in realtime on your WIP thread. Lots of fun to follow.

The transformation from beginning to end is really remarkable. Great job to you, @armyaviation and @mlager8. I hope you are very proud of your work!

rgarriott
          Participant
            @rgarriott

Great job. It looks fantastic. And I also agree it’s awesome watching the real time WIP updates.

Mlager8
            Participant
              @mlager8

Oh man thanks for the kind words Tom, excited for our first release together! It was great to have you helming this project, I can put some of the art side together, but as for as actually building this table, putting every aspect together, making everything work cohesively, the hours of testing, lighting tweaking, refining, that’s all @armyaviation . Tom, I literally don’t think you slept all all during this build, great job man!

Of course everyone else too, @bord @32Assassin @Thalamus and @cyberpez
              you guys were all super supportive and helped amazingly with this build, Thanks for making this one so fun!

7 users thanked author for this post.
              DeathInc
              Participant
                @deathincclan

Great Job. Nice looking table. Thanks for all the work you put in. I will get on the wheel when I get home. If it isn’t done by then.

Teahaus
                Participant
                  @teahaus

Excellent! Thanks to all for the work and effort! Had never heard of this game before the wip…….that’s what’s so great about VP. A chance to play tables that you may never be able to play or even experience. Kudos!!

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation

I had knee surgery last month so haven’t been working since.  I am also about to transition to a new job, so I have had a lot of time to play .  Its been a fun project! :yahoo:

STAT
                    Participant
                      @stefanaustria

Very very nice – thank you very much Tom and Matt !

Of course also Wildman and bord32assassin, Thalamus and Cyberpez, really great with the Musicbox,
                      now because i can see that, i really want one for my Gameroom  :yes: ;-)
                      Beers are still here  :whistle:

Physics and all are great, did a Testgame – :good: – thanks again Guys … i will play it tonight  B-)

German Players, dont forget, there is also a German ROM (Text) available:
                      http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3960-party-animal-german

PA_STAT

sheltemke
                      Participant
                        @sheltemke

Thank you so much for this beauty! Looks totally awesome! ;-)

Mlager8
                        Participant
                          @mlager8

Thank you so much for this beauty! Looks totally awesome! ;-)

Awesome to see it in another cab! Damn jukebox gave us the run-around, but I’m happy how it came out

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation

Grab the recently uploaded nvram file to make the tilting work, thanks @Thalamus

marie
                            Participant
                              @marie

Thanks all. Definitely will bring a lot of joy her again! :heart:

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

This was a very fun WIP to follow.  Like Teahuas, I’d never seen this so looking forward to getting home tonight!  Thanks to all involved!!

Tom
                                Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation

yeah it was kind of a dick move releasing it while everyone is at work :whistle: , but it will give you something to look forward to.  Check out the Hardbody WIP cause its gonna be just as nice.  Super excited about that one too.

-RpT
                                  Participant
                                    @rpt

Looks really great, thanks!  :heart:

Badazzwi
                                    Participant
                                      @badazzwi

Thank you for the great WIP and now the release of this great table. I enjoyed following along with the WIP and really anticipated the release of the table along with many others it seems.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Bob Albright
                                      Participant
                                        @bobalbright

Thanks! I had fogotten this table which I played long ago!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

h0pp4z
                                        Participant
                                          @h0pp4z

Great … Yet another eye candy… YAEC :-)

flstclasic
                                          Participant
                                            @flstclasic

Thanks Tom, 32, Mlager8, Thalamus, Cyberpez, Bord, Brian Wright, wildman, and all else that helped! Can’t wait to try this out. Party On! :yahoo:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?