PinUP Player Installer

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    NailBuster
      @nailbuster
      ModeratorMember

PinUP Player Installer

see new version:  http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinup-system-player-and-popper-front-end-install/

==========================================================

PinUp Player – Interactive Video Plugin

***** NOTE:  DO NOT USE LATEST VERSION OF VLC PLAYER v3.0 *******

YOU MUST USE VLC 32bit v2.28 :  http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/2.2.8/win32/vlc-2.2.8-win32.exe

What is it?

PinUP Player is a program that will enable Pinball tables from Visual Pinball, Future Pinball, and Pinball FX3 / 2 to use an active video backlass, Topper, DMD and more. This means that you can have videos play on any screen (in a pinball cabinet or a desktop) as a result of table events, triggers, switches, lights, and B2S calls.

These videos are put together in a package called PuP-Pack (PinUP Player Pack). A PuP-Pack can be created for any of the supported Pinball systems using the easy to use PinUpPackEditor.

Examples of PinUP Player in action can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9iDJxhx2Eg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTlFEwAa5Vw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AoYxdaofa8

Team Members:

NailBuster:  Original creator and coding genius(stable) of PinUp Player.

TerryRed:  Tester, new ideas and features guy. VPX scripter for PuP modded tables, FP DOFLinx PuP modder, PuP-Pak creator for VPX, FP and FX3 tables. Has a great cab…. Nuff said :)

PinUP Player has many new features in v1.20:

PUPCapture:  support for DMD ‘keyframe’ matching:  this allows videos to trigger based on what the table rom/DMD is displaying in real time.  With this feature, it is now really quick and easy to integrate your interactive videos.   Let’s say the DMD has a “MULTIBALL” screen,  we can now show a multiball video based on that as opposed to previous method of ROM lights/switches….  (you can still use a combination of PupCap as well as rom switches).  This also means that Pinball FX3/2 can use the PuPCapture feature!

PuPCapture uses DMDext which is required for this feature to work.  (see https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions).   DMDext works with or without a ‘real’ DMD,  and IMO  should be standard when using LCD virtual DMDs as it is much better looking!!

Since DMDext is open-sourced I was able to change the code a ‘little’ to support PupCapture.  If you are using Luckys DMD dlls (dmdevice.dll) or other (which I don’t have access to the source code) then this feature will NOT work for you.

Scripting:  for advanced users the PUPB2S (PinUp Player to B2S server interface) now has support for vbs(visual basic) or jscript.  That way you can do low level/complex things based on the Table ROM without changing the vpx/table script code.  There will be separate info/doc about this feature.

PUPDMD:  Yes, for Visual Pinball original tables.  Authors can chose to use this new feature to have fully functional text overlays and videos for their DMD display (LCD screen).  There will be separate info/doc  about this feature.

Future Pinball Support!! : Now through DOFLinx, You can have full support for PinUp Player during table events!

many other small improvements/features….

Update Note:  the installer can be used to update your existing PinUP install BUT check that your current PupFiles are located in tablesPinUpPlayer folder.  If they are not then I suggest removing all pupfiles and starting a ‘clean’ install.  You can keep a copy of PinUpPlayer.ini from old install and copy into new folder afterwards so that you don’t have to reconfigure your display positions.

License

PinUp Player is free for DIY private NON COMMERCIAL use and released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial- ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

if you have problems,  search or start a new thread here:  http://vpinball.com/forums/forum/visual-pinball-forums/pinup-player-interactive-video-plugin/

2 users thanked author for this post.
      JustAnotherRat
      Participant
        @justanotherrat

I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. I have configured this as per the guide. When testing it says that it is correct. I only had VPX 10.4.0 and wasn’t sure if that me the 10.4+ requirement so have gone to 10.5.

I get no videos at all.

I noticed that the guide for TRON says that the b2s file isn’t required as video will replace it bu if I remove the backglass file I get an error when launching of B2S Backglass server – Data at the root level is invalid, Line 1, position 1.

One note… I had to turn at91jit off to get the ROM to load after adjusting the colour

Matt Bini
        Participant
          @mattbini

have you got freezys latest dll s. I needed to upgrade to his latest

Johngreve
          Participant
            @johngreve

Hello,
            I just updated to this version today and everything works great with the exception that now on the original PuP Tron table my Topper window pops up like it should but within the Topper window I get the “File not Found” and it also says “end of line” when the ball is lost message and the PuP logo is also displayed. I am assuming that it is telling me what file it is looking for as this was the video that used to play prior to my updating PuP.The topper displays properly on the Batman,AFM and Avatar tables. This behavior is only on the original Tron PuP table. The other videos for this table seem to display properly yet. I looked within the trn_174 folder to make sure that that file is still there….which it is.Forwhater reason it’s not finding it. Perhaps it needs to be moved,though I’ve moved none of the files for this table and it did display properly prior to the PuP1.2 version. Any help will be appreciated!Thanks very much

Matt Bini
            Participant
              @mattbini

Justanotherat hi I now think your problem is with the b2s. Put your original backglass file back on, then click it with the mouse pointer and press s to bring up the b2s settings. At the bottom there is a checkbox for the error message without backglass, untick that and then importantly tick activate plugins then save settings i bet that is what you have missed. You can also now delete the backglass file.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              JustAnotherRat
              Participant
                @justanotherrat

I remember seeing that option in a video tutorial now that you mention it, but didn’t think of it when I followed the written guide.

I’ll have another crack at it tonight.

JustAnotherRat
                Participant
                  @justanotherrat

That did it. So obvious but I’d missed it. Thanks

Dr.Tom
                  Participant
                    @crile1
                    MemberContributor

After the new install, I can no longer run the display configure for pup.  Before, I could see the icon on the task bar.  Now seems like it is running in the background.  Other than going through the .ini, how do I get to the screen configure menu once it has already been setup? Also, for future updates can you give the option for installer or standalone install (if possible)

Johngreve
                    Participant
                      @johngreve

After the new install, I can no longer run the display configure for pup. Before, I could see the icon on the task bar. Now seems like it is running in the background. Other than going through the .ini, how do I get to the screen configure menu once it has already been setup? Also, for future updates can you give the option for installer or standalone install (if possible)

Running the .bat file within the PinupPlayer folder brings up the screen configure screen for me.

TerryRed
                        @terryred
                        MemberContributorModerator

After the new install, I can no longer run the display configure for pup. Before, I could see the icon on the task bar. Now seems like it is running in the background. Other than going through the .ini, how do I get to the screen configure menu once it has already been setup? Also, for future updates can you give the option for installer or standalone install (if possible)

Yes, just run the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.BAT file in the PinUP Player folder to change your PuP settings.

Also…for the installer….you can just simply install to a Temp folder and do with the files as you please after….but you will need to run the PinUpPlayerInstall.BAT from your PinUP Player folder after as Admin.

Even with complete install instructions provided, many people seem to ignore them and still mess things up…. I can only imagine how much worse it would be with only a zip provided.    ;)

TerryRed
                          @terryred
                          MemberContributorModerator

Here you go guys. My 3 part video for PinUP Player setup and install. I go through and show EVERYTHING you need to do for setup BEFORE you install PuP. Then I show the entire install and configure process. Then I explain the features and demonstrate a test for each system. I highly recommend watching the entire 3 videos to better understand how it all should be setup, and how PuP works.

Part 1: Setup your System BEFORE installing PuP

Part 2: Install and Configure PuP. Explain features.

Part 3: Demo and Test of each Pinball system that works with PuP.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                          randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Man terry I will say you do just a great job on your videos. Thanks for doing them! Great information :good:

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Gin
                            Participant
                              @ginger

Terry,

Ditto what randr says…. great work on the videos! So informative and helpful…. thank you!!   :good:

apayne82
                              Participant
                                @apayne82

I also want to say THANKS to Terry for the videos.  I’ve tried twice to setup PinUP, but was having difficulty since I run desktop mode and am not used to dealing with B2S files.  This resolved all of my confusion – MOST appreciated. :good:

stevegooner123
                                Participant
                                  @stevegooner123

I have installed the latest Pin Up Player & Tron Legacy is working great but I can`t get any of the others to work?? I have got the files in the correct folders,when I try to run the test program to test Batman it comes up with the following error CANNOT CREATE ACTIVE X COMPONENT, Any Help would be much appreciated

Update I can run the test now but I still cannot get the Pin Up Player or the Topper onto the Backglass screen??

NailBuster
                                    @nailbuster
                                    ModeratorMember

I have installed the latest Pin Up Player & Tron Legacy is working great but I can`t get any of the others to work?? I have got the files in the correct folders,when I try to run the test program to test Batman it comes up with the following error CANNOT CREATE ACTIVE X COMPONENT, Any Help would be much appreciated Update I can run the test now but I still cannot get the Pin Up Player or the Topper onto the Backglass screen??

did you go through all of Terry’s Install videos from above?  Also another person had that ‘cannot create’ error and it was their anti-virus removing pupfiles, so need to check that too.

stevegooner123
                                    Participant
                                      @stevegooner123

yes I have got to play around with the loading of the Batman rom in the Editor, I can get the Pin up Player & Topper on my playfield in the test on Pin Up but It doesnt appear at all when I run the game, It`s bound to be something silly I should imagine

Johngreve
                                      Participant
                                        @johngreve

I’m not sure if this would cause what you’re describing but do you have the plug-in box checked on the backglass menu?

stevegooner123
                                        Participant
                                          @stevegooner123

Yes I have got the plug in box ticked on the backglass menu but I still can`t get any of it on my Backglass monitor number 2

Johngreve
                                          Participant
                                            @johngreve

And you said Tron works ok…..I’m not sure at this point, but if Tron works PuP should be all set to go…..I think it has to be a Batman PuP videos location thing.Batman for me worked right out of the box. I know I struggled to get the new version of PuP working myself….in my case I had blocked .dll files, I’m running Win 7.
                                            Good luck!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?