Playboy(Bally 1978)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ICPjuggla
      @icpjuggla
      MembervipModerator

Playboy(Bally 1978)

Playboy(Bally 1978)1.3 for VPX

by ICPjuggla and gtxjoe

This is a port of our VP9 table to VPX
      Special thanks to:

– Lord Hiryu for the amazing redraw of the playfield, plastics and apron

– zany for the playboy logo’s for the flippers

– dark for the primitive ball stop

– inkochnito for the F6 DIP switch settings

2 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Looks great

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

bha19
        Participant
          @bha19

When I try to play this table I get error line 500 object does not support this property or method bumper 1 disabled.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

make sure you have updated scripts along with released vpx 10.0 or 10.1  put scripts in proper place

for IOS and Android

bha19
            Participant
              @bha19

I have 10.1 beta and 10.0 as well as the latest scripts. I put the scripts in vp scripts folder as well as vp 10 tables folder. So far this is the only table I get an error on so where am I going wrong.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

maybe delete nvramfile for table, redownload rom, make sure you have sound sample link below, try without b2s.server(backglass).

Sound Samples

for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                  @rustycardores
                  MemberModerator

I’ve got the same issue. I have followed all the suggestions mentioned above without luck.

It’s no biggee, as I can have PBX call 10.0 just for this table, but it would be nice to have it working under 10.1 also.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Ok guys I got fix. rem out lines 500 and 506 with ‘ in front of them that should fix your error. Let me know if it works

for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                      @rustycardores
                      MemberModerator

Ok guys I got fix. rem out lines 500 and 506 with ‘ in front of them that should fix your error. Let me know if it works

Yep that worked for me. Thanks randr :)

ICPjuggla
                        @icpjuggla
                        MembervipModerator

I’ve got the same issue. I have followed all the suggestions mentioned above without luck. It’s no biggee, as I can have PBX call 10.0 just for this table, but it would be nice to have it working under 10.1 also.

I’ve only got so much time in a week and also have a real job/life the hobby comes 2nd… So I’m sorry I don’t have an update for this yet..

Also, my laptop took a shit! So with that said all projects are halted until either the one I have is fixed or I get a new one…. I took it to a local shop hopefully they can fix it, if not I’m afrade I won’t be able to afford a new one any time soon!

RustyCardores
                          @rustycardores
                          MemberModerator

I’ve got the same issue. I have followed all the suggestions mentioned above without luck. It’s no biggee, as I can have PBX call 10.0 just for this table, but it would be nice to have it working under 10.1 also.

I’ve only got so much time in a week and also have a real job/life the hobby comes 2nd… So I’m sorry I don’t have an update for this yet.. Also, my laptop took a shit! So with that said all projects are halted until either the one I have is fixed or I get a new one…. I took it to a local shop hopefully they can fix it, if not I’m afrade I won’t be able to afford a new one any time soon!

Don’t sweat it juggla, randr’s fix worked and is so simple anyone can do it… even me ;)

Sorry to hear about the lappy karking itself. Fingers crossed you will have a replacement soon.  Cheers

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

plays good. balls are shiny! surprised the controller.vbs is not added. but its a keeper

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

in2kiss
                            Participant
                              @in2kiss

Enabling the white GI in the script is not working. Can someone help me out?

pmood
                              Participant
                                @pmoody

A great player for sure, however, is there a way to get rid of the pink GI and go back to the original incandescent bulb look?
                                That pink light wash isn’t doing it for me sorry :scratch:

D-Inc.
                                Participant
                                  @death69inc

have a wierd one no sound effects other than flippers etc no music game sounds … and so far only this table no… replaced rom even tried older releases like vp9 still no sound like i said is weird… any thoughts?

Installed on other rig same issues … even tried dif roms all have no music etc

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

There is no reason really to doubt if the rom is ok or not. Run the setup.exe in the vpiname folder. Find the rom and test it there. See that the checksum is valid. If there is anything reported missing. Well, then you have to get a new rom. In this case. VPU has it. IF for some very odd reason it doesn’t work still. Clean you saved nvram for this rom.

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

… please, always got to VPU if there is rom issues. Carny compiles vpm and know all about when roms change. The other sites does not. In this case though. I don’t think it has been updated in ages, but still.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Also dont forget the SAMPLES mame needs for some games!

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/sound-samples/

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

Oh. Snap. I totally forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me Randr.

D-Inc.
                                        Participant
                                          @death69inc

EDIT!!!    Turns out pinmame32 wasnt seeing the samples so I redirected pinmame setup to same dir as it was anyway and now i have sound…. weird but working!!!!! Thanks for the help!

yeah have clear nvram and samples added also installed fresh vp on other pc still no sounds for this game.

roms are fine

other pc running default fresh settings

this one audio wise is still default

like i said is weird

Schtevo
                                          Participant
                                            @schtevo

I’m the same, all the standard pinball mechanical type sounds, but no music.

I’d really like to get this one working, they had one in the cafe around the corner when I was a kid, most of my pocket money went into it

EDIT: This game seems to need to have all ROMs, samples ect. in the default folders. Once I rearranged back to standard everything worked as it is supposed to.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?