Simpsons Pinball Party WIP 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

first of big thank you to Coindropper,  this is part 2 of his work.

Simpsons Pinball Party FP to VPX WIP – help if interested

so far I have

-copied and pasted all the components on his table and pasted them on a VPX 10.1 blank table.

-re did all the materials

-re did all the sounds

-deleted all the unused images.

-updated friction and elasticity on most components.

-updated script

-other updates I forgot.

New Link added 3-20-2018

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3o0f2tvvdnx0lmz/Simpsons%20Pinball%20Party%2C%20The%20%28Stern%202003%29.vpx?dl=0

aside from the GI the table should be done but I’m sure more than a few people  will find some things I missed or want to add their physics tweaks.

if yo do please post them.  And more importantly.  If anyone would like to add the GI lights,  it will be a big help.

I still don’t know what controls the GI circuit,  the VP 9 table had the GI lights tied to lamp ID 8.

I doubt that set up is correct.

The GI lights are controlled by an Aux Rom Controlled board.  The Aux board is connected to a relay that cuts the power to the GI lights.

the default PinMAME  post (vesion 3.0)  now emulates the GI Aux board for the Sega/Stern tables.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Attachments:
      12 users thanked author for this post.
      TNT2
      Participant
        @tnt2

Great work Assassin!  :good:

The playfield looks great. One thing I noticed on several play throughs is that after the ball comes down from the monorail, once it got stuck between “party” and the right flipper, and a couple of times the ball just dropped straight through after exiting the ramp.

Dark
          @dark
          vipMemberContributor

It’s great to see this table being updated, it has so many 3D elements made by myself and other contributors that a majority of the table is 3D.

I’m just wondering why you aren’t using the ramps I had made,  I know when I made them initially I had some issues with the guides that were provided for me so perhaps you found them too inaccurate?  I could adjust/update them if you need, just provide me with the VP ramps exported as objs for guides.

Another thing is the Homer head,  I’m not sure what your plans are exactly but I think the lighting texture swaps are probably more realistic than any effect VP could provide so with that being said I think it would probably be best to still utilise all the swaps and use ‘disable lighting’ so they look correct OR use a material that has very little effect on the lighting of the model.  The swaps combined with a subtle VP light effect to add glows around the head would be ideal.

Let me know if you need anything.

-Dark

3dcreation

Coindropper
          Participant
            @coindropper

Didn’t even see this, thank you for taking on this one! I’m definitely not very accomplished at table building, but if I can help with anything, let me know. I haven’t had a chance to mess with this in 6 months or so and am ready to dive back in!

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

WOW looks like a great start. Dang you really can get stuff done. Takes me forever to do a build/conversion or anything!  :wacko:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

Ben Logan2
              Participant
                @benlogan2

32a, you are on a major roll. Thank you very much, sir!

:D

32assassin
                Participant
                  @32assassin

It’s great to see this table being updated, it has so many 3D elements made by myself and other contributors that a majority of the table is 3D. I’m just wondering why you aren’t using the ramps I had made, I know when I made them initially I had some issues with the guides that were provided for me so perhaps you found them too inaccurate? I could adjust/update them if you need, just provide me with the VP ramps exported as objs for guides. Another thing is the Homer head, I’m not sure what your plans are exactly but I think the lighting texture swaps are probably more realistic than any effect VP could provide so with that being said I think it would probably be best to still utilise all the swaps and use ‘disable lighting’ so they look correct OR use a material that has very little effect on the lighting of the model. The swaps combined with a subtle VP light effect to add glows around the head would be ideal. Let me know if you need anything. -Dark

I will look into your ramps,  even though someone did such a great job on the current primitives,  they did not scale them down.

the default primitive size is 100,  most of the primitives on this table are between 1-3.  I would call them XXL  but they are really King Kong size compared to everything else.  Their might not be a problem with having a few over-sized  primitives,  when you have this many over sized primitives,  it could have an effect in the table performance.

Homer Head

I’m not 100% sure what to do with the lighting on the head.

for starters,  I’m using JPs VPX fading Lamps Code,  and he combined the Lights and flashes routine.

the code that starts on line 378 no longer works. (I had to modify the Case statements or the code would remove the texture from the primitive)

Sub CheckLamps() (Code on Coindroppers table is set to CheckFlashers)

I was going to updated it,  but then again I might get rid of it,  the Cooling towers also had an OFF/ON  image,  but I think they look better with the

VPX lighting.  the Homer Head might get the same treatment.

for now I’m only concerned in getting the table to be fully playable,  lighting changes can be made later.

Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

If you look at the VP9 or physmod version, Unclewilly coded the head so that it would swap the appropriate textures depending on which flashers were going off so it would appear that the flasher’s light was actually hitting a 3D object (compelling).  Currently on the VPX wip there’s still the swaps for the head glow effect but not the others I’m guessing this is what you refer to that “no longer works”.  Perhaps consulting with Unclewilly could give some insight into fixing the texture swap issue since he was the one who put it together.  What I tried on your wip that gave good results was I gave the homer head the ‘rubber white’ material and disabled lighting and it looks really good to me, it just needs a vpx light added on top to give it a glow.  Previously a flasher object was stacked to achieve the glow.

As far as over sized primitives, I’m going to guess those might be the ones from FP?  Like the itchy and scratchy, comic guy etc?   The models I did were, the homer head, the couch, the ramps + all parts associated with the ramps (gates/wires, covers, helpers), the silos and some other odds and ends.  So most of those bonus toys I’m not entirely sure of their origin I just know that Javier acquired them.  Resizing primitives isn’t difficult so we can do that if need be.  I wasn’t aware that an over sized primitive scaled down could effect performance?  You can use several decimal places in the scale values of primitives in VP so it’s very versatile, also most of those characters should be rendered static no?

The pics below show the head with ‘glow-on’ and glow off with disabled lighting enabled and rubber white material.

3dcreation

Scotty VH
                      @scottt
                      ModeratorMember

I love SPP, and am so happy to see you taking this on!

In case it isn’t clear, here’s a pic of the issue that TNT2 reported:

32assassin
                      Participant
                        @32assassin

added new version to top post

fixed ball getting stuck

edited code for homer head image swapping

deleted most custom toys, except for Moe I think the table looks better with the figure as to just a plain flat clear plastic.

walamab
                        Participant
                          @walamab
                          MemberContributor

If you haven’t already finished the GI on this I’ll take a stab at it. It may take me a while because I’m trying to finish up my own table. But I think collaboration is a good next step.

Walamab
                          Table Developer Wannabe and general arcade geek!

STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria
                            MemberContributor

last week i was exactly on this machine at “wiener Prater” in vienna,
                            i am very happy about your build, thanks 32assassin :bye:

wiener_prater

Attachments:
                            Dark
                              @dark
                              vipMemberContributor

added new version to top post fixed ball getting stuck edited code for homer head image swapping deleted most custom toys, except for Moe I think the table looks better with the figure as to just a plain flat clear plastic.

Sounds good, I’ll check it out soon as I can!  Personally I like tabled in their production format un-modded.  In my VP9 primitive mod I chose not to use that Bart model because it’s not the right Bart, he’s supposed to be wearing the stuntman outfit so I stuck with the animated 2D photo as I never got around to making a new model for Bart.  Perhaps this time around I could make the Bart model.

3dcreation

32assassin
                              Participant
                                @32assassin

new table added to top post, its now a Beta since most of the components have been rebuilt.

after I fixed the problem with the ball getting stuck, I decided to rebuild the non toy objects.

I doubt many people will noticed but

– most of the objects on layer one have been rebuilt to match the PF image

-all the primitives in layer one where either scaled down or replaced with standard size primitives.

-Homer now has VPX lighting,  I think it looks pretty good in FS,  not so good in DT.

I played  a few games,  and the only thing I was not able to test is

-wire ramp next to the couch

-lock ball under TV

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                Drybonz
                                Participant
                                  @drybonz

Hey 32a… table is looking nice.  You have quite the library of titles under your belt.  Thanks for the tables.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

yeah impressive 32assasin. very nice

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Looking Good 32assasin, oh how the more realistic physics make tables so much harder than the vp9 versions  :good:

1 thing i noticed is the left and right slings are not firing in my DOF, everything else seems fine. Anyone else have this?

OptimusPin
                                      Participant
                                        @viriiguy

YES!! This is awesome!!!

32assassin
                                        Participant
                                          @32assassin

new version added to the top Post.

table now needs DJRobX modified version of PinMAME.

You need  version 102416 (with whitestar support) or later.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Drybonz
                                          Participant
                                            @drybonz

Thanks, 32a… this uses the new GI controller?

For anyone needing the newest (DJRobX) VPM check this page:  http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/?page=12

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 187 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?