Star Wars DSA (Ultimate Pro). TerryRed Lightsaber mod. Let it Glow..let it GLOW!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred

Let it glow… let it GLOW!

This video demo is a test of my mod to Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro – Future Pinball).

I updated the Lightsabers to use new beta features of BAM, and now we have a kickass glow effect!

I replaced the saber blade “toy” models with a “bulb” version instead (SLAMT1LT did the same after I showed him the new features). Now the blades can be used as lights. However, instead of lighting the blade as a colour, I have it light up as white for the “core”, and then I also used holograms to only display the coloured glow effect, as well as some adjusted lighting! It worked out pretty good!

…and another video showing the mod with different colours…

…and SLAMT1LT asked to add the mod to his table…yay!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Tom
      Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation

Terry, that looks amazing.  I have setup Future Pinball before but I remember I couldn’t play the DOF Linx tables.  Is that something entirely different I have to setup.  Thanks

Disregard, covered in the readme file.  Thanks

TerryRed
          @terryred

Terry, that looks amazing.  I have setup Future Pinball before but I remember I couldn’t play the DOF Linx tables.  Is that something entirely different I have to setup.  Thanks

Disregard, covered in the readme file.  Thanks

DOFLinx is used for DOF feedback and lighting support for real pinball cabinets. FP tables need to be updated for this. The doflinx tables on this site needed doflinx to be installed if you wanted to play any of those tables, even without a cabinet.

This lightsaber mod is an updated version of the table using new features from BAM. For more info on how to install FP and BAM….go here:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-future-pinball-should-be-setup-for-bam-doflinx-and-pinball-x/

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria

Really great !  B-)

TerryRed
              @terryred

Star Wars DSA (Ultimate Pro 1.03 update – Future Pinball). Awesome Attract Mode! (Gameplay and TerryRed Lights mod test)

SLAMT1LT added in my Lightsaber mod to his excellent Star Wars DSA Ultimate Pro 1.03 update!

He also added new options for changing Lightsaber colours. On top of that, he also added a sweet attract mode! (with one specifically cool moment) ;)

I decided to add some more additional updates myself to see how they would look. (shown in this video)

‘** TerryRed Updates ** (these may or may not be included in SLAM’s next update. I did this for fun)

– increased brightness of white saber blade light (when using lower post processing gamma settings it wasn’t bright enough)
              – slightly adjusted angle / size / position of holograms for a better view of glow in all camera views (adjusted mini-playfield to match)
              – updated lights (Lightsaber hilt, Kickback, outerlane left bulbs, Defense Bonus Lights) to change colour to match the Lightsaber colour change
              – added user option in script to adjust the brightness of playfield insert lights and some bulbs (for GI on and GI off)
              – added Vader Red Ring Light to Light Inserts Brightness option (makes hi voice-overs much more noticeable when GI is off)
              – Added option for SLAMT1LT BAM Light Preset settings to be used automatically on table start.
              – Added some amusing voice overs for the excellent TerryRed Saber mod special mention
              – adjusted the attract sequence (GI on and off) for a more dramatic effect

Youtube link for 4K 60fps video demo (when YT finishes processing):

TerryRed
                @terryred

Link to the modded table and files:
                (Update: read next post)

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Star Wars DSA (Ultimate Pro 1.03) (TerryRed mod V3)

So I dug in a added all the “options” I’ve been rambling on about. Some of these are mainly beneficial to VR and cabinet users (and PuP in the future), but the lighting options are now there for anyone who prefers to change them for their preference as well (to work best with their TV / Monitor settings).

Changelog:

** TerryRed updates V3

– added option to disable HUD DMD and HUD Videos (for cabinet / VR users)
                  – added option to disable the BAM Camera Control prompt (for cabinet / VR users)
                  – added option to disable Lightsaber flasher effect (for seisure sensitive / VR users)
                  – added option to change colour of Defense Bonus Lights to match lightsaber colour
                  – added option to adjust brightness of flashers
                  – added option to adjust brightness playfield inserts and some other lights
                  – added option to adjust brightness of white lightsaber blades
                  – adjusted the attract sequence (GI on and off) for a more dramatic effect
                  – lights: lightsaber hilt,kickback insert, and outerlane left bulbs now change colour to match the lightsaber colour change
                  – added some voice overs for the excellent TerryRed Saber mod special mention
                  – added option for SLAMT1LT BAM Light Preset settings to be used automatically on table start
                  – slightly adjusted angle / size / position of ligthsaber holograms for a better view of the glow in all camera views (adjusted mini-playfield to match)

Cabinet and VR users are used to going to the top of the table script to set custom options like below, so this is the standard for this kind of thing. It’s much easier than trying to add them all over the script, or by adding them in the game (and using game buttons to change them). Most users will set these, and once they are happy, never go back to them again.

'*************** USER PREFERENCES (added by TerryRed) **************

'PLEASE NOTE: the following is a requirement for some of the new BAM Lighting settings to take effect!

' - the table needs a BAM cfg file created first (located in BAM\CFG folder). This occurs when the table loads and exits for the first time.
                  ' - so try loading the table at least once, then exit. Then after that, ALL the settings below should work.
                  ' - the table's cfg file MUST match the table filename!
                  ' - so if you rename the filename of the table, you MUST load and exit the table to create a new cfg! (or rename the old cfg file to match the new table name)

useDMD_Hud = True

'set to True if you want to display the DMD HUD on your main screen. Set to False if playing on a cabinet or in VR

useFP_Videos_HUD = True

'set to True if you want to display the Videos HUD on your main screen. Set to False if playing on a cabinet or in VR

useCameraControl = True

'set to True if you want the prompt to allow BAM camera control (for multi-ball modes). Set to False if you are playing on a cabinet or in VR

PFLights_Brightness_GI_OFF = 2.0

'set brightness of ONLY playfield light inserts and some bulbs when GI is off (SLAMT1LT default is 1.4)

PFLights_Brightness_GI_ON = 1.2

'set brightness of ONLY playfield light inserts and some bulbs when GI is on (SLAMT1LT default is 1.0)

useColourRebelBonusLights = True

'set to True if you want to have the Rebel Bonus Light Inserts match the colour of the Light Saber (default is False)

Flashers_Brightness_GI_OFF = 1.4

'set brightness of flashers when GI is on (SLAMT1LT default is 1.4)

Flashers_Brightness_GI_ON = 1.0

'set brightness of flashers when GI is on (SLAMT1LT default is 1.0)

BulbLSLExt.Brightness = 6.0

'set brightness of left lightsaber blade's white center (best to keep this very bright)

BulbLSRExt.Brightness = 6.0

'set brightness of right lightsaber blade's white center (best to keep this very bright)

use_LightSaberFlasherEffect = True

'set tor True to enable the Lightsaber flasher flickering effect (default is True). Set to False when playing in VR (its hard on the eyes, and can distort visuals)

use_SLAM_BAM_LightPresets = True

'set to True to use SLAMT1LT's BAM Global Light and Post Processing settings when the table loads

' Note: use_SLAM_BAM_LightPresets overrides any user settings for Global Lighting and Post Processing set in the BAM in-game menu (for this table only)

' Set to False if you want to use your own BAM Global Light and Post Processing settings

'*************** END OF USER PREFERENCES *************

Here’s a new link for just this V3 of the table mod:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SKyYGkfOtB957BRxX54K5d-lgjQmJWXv

That’s probably where I’m leaving it for now (until DOF SSF PuP in the future).

Make sure you copy the files to the correct locations:

These first 3 files need to be named the same in order to work with each other (remember that if you rename the table filename)

• “Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 (TerryRedUpdateV3).fpt” table file goes into FuturePinball\Tables folder
                  • “Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 (TerryRedUpdateV3).zip” file goes into FuturePinball\Tables folder (this is just for nicer ball texture)
                  • “Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 (TerryRedUpdateV3).cfg” goes into FuturePinball\BAM\CFG (this is optional for correct POV for cabinets)
                  • ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs goes into FuturePinball\Scripts (for Ball rolling sound functions)

Make sure you are up to date with the newest version of BAM!

https://www.ravarcade.pl/download

goodGRIEFF76
                  Participant
                    @goodgrieff76

This is such an amazing update.   I was trying to remove the dmd from the translite and when I do the playfield goes black.  Can we not remove it for this table?

outhere
                      @outhere

You download all the files and installed the bam.Dll

Are you up-to-date on FuturePinball/Bam installation
                      https://www.ravarcade.pl/

And did this

Make sure you copy the files to the correct locations:

These first 3 files need to be named the same in order to work with each other (remember that if you rename the table filename)

“Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 (TerryRedUpdateV3).fpt” table file goes into FuturePinball\Tables folder
                      “Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 (TerryRedUpdateV3).zip” file goes into FuturePinball\Tables folder (this is just for nicer ball texture)
                      “Star Wars DSA ULTIMATE Pro 1.03 (TerryRedUpdateV3).cfg” goes into FuturePinball\BAM\CFG (this is optional for correct POV for cabinets)

ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs goes into FuturePinball\Scripts (for Ball rolling sound functions)
                      BAM.dll goes into your FuturePinball\BAM folder (this is beta 1.4-259 which is required for the table until a new version comes out)

goodGRIEFF76
                      Participant
                        @goodgrieff76

Thanks outhere, I’ve done all that and when I try to remove the dmd from the translite the playfield goes completely black.  Makes me think we might not be able to remove it for this table.  Sorry, I’m new to FP…and trying to get my footing with all the errors.

outhere
                          @outhere

I believe I miss read your post –  You don’t want to remove the DMD

Just move it to the side

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Guys…. you may want to pay attention to the USER PREFERENCES on the table script. I guess I make is so easy that no one uses it.

useDMD_Hud = True

‘set to True if you want to display the DMD HUD on your main screen. Set to False if playing on a cabinet or in VR

useFP_Videos_HUD = True

‘set to True if you want to display the Videos HUD on your main screen. Set to False if playing on a cabinet or in VR

goodGRIEFF76
                            Participant
                              @goodgrieff76

Sorry Terry, I’m new to FP tables and I’ve been directed to just drag those off the translite so I assumed that was the method for all FP tables.  I’ll be sure to read all the details going forward.

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Sorry Terry, I’m new to FP tables and I’ve been directed to just drag those off the translite so I assumed that was the method for all FP tables.  I’ll be sure to read all the details going forward.

That is the normal way, yes.

For me those script options will be the standard for any FP tables I update or mod in the future. It isn’t something you’ll see on any other tables most likely. Some tables do give options for pressing or holding a key to turn off the hud as well.

outhere
                                  @outhere

Moving the DMD to the side should not cause a problem

I just realized I never download this game so that explains little bit but

Old dogs aren’t used to settings in the FP script  – but I will start looking from now on..

Thanks Terry for all your hard work

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Moving the DMD to the side should not cause a problem

I just realized I never download this game so that explains little bit but

Old dogs aren’t used to settings in the FP script  – but I will start looking from now on..

Thanks Terry for all your hard work

Better get used to it. :) Any table I update will have lots of options to set in the script now for BAM, DOF, SSF, and PuP (if they use it).

Right now, I’m fine tuning the new iCOM direct access for DOF, SSF, PUP for FP.

bschaberg21
                                    Participant
                                      @bschaberg21

Is there a way to get the DMD to function on the 3rd screen for cabinet use?  All other FP tables seem to be working.

BSchaberg21

BSchaberg21

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Is there a way to get the DMD to function on the 3rd screen for cabinet use? All other FP tables seem to be working.

Yes.. the “DMD” can be displayed on another screen using FutureDMD. You will also need to change the FP Backglass DMD on the table to a 128×32 DMD if being used with FutureDMD.

The FP “Videos” can’t be displayed o a 3rd screen.

jlvandusen@msn.com
                                        Participant
                                          @jlvandusenmsn-com

Ques: I was running the v1.05 and went back to this version (didn’t make a difference) because even with the DMD settings set to False on the script, it shows the DMD in the backglass….  on v1.05 the script settings do not exist FYI.

the FP Intercept shows on my Pin2DMD but never displays the DMD that is showing on the backglass…

I do have FutureDMD installed (used for Tron LE) and that as well as Retroflare show on the Pin2DMD… what maybe am I missing or overlooking?

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Ques: I was running the v1.05 and went back to this version (didn’t make a difference) because even with the DMD settings set to False on the script, it shows the DMD in the backglass…. on v1.05 the script settings do not exist FYI.

the FP Intercept shows on my Pin2DMD but never displays the DMD that is showing on the backglass…

I do have FutureDMD installed (used for Tron LE) and that as well as Retroflare show on the Pin2DMD… what maybe am I missing or overlooking?

The DMD settings I added for this table were for the “HUD” DMD used for desktop….. not the backglass. There’s no reason to turn off the DMD on the Backglass.

This table uses a 128×16 DMD. FP Intercept (and FutureDMD) mirrors only 128×32 DMDs. So the solution is to change the DMD on the backglass in the Translite Editor to 128×32 to see it on FP Intercept. This also applies to any other table with a 128×16 DMD.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?