Strange Science (Bally 1986)

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    ramsrule
    Participant
      @ramsrule

Strange (no pun intended ….. LOL!) – I am not getting any game/rom audio from this version. No issues with the old VP9 table.

I’m getting all the table audio at normal levels though.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be the issue?

Did you try the included nvram file? (backup your old one if you want to keep your highscores)

Thanks for the quick reply . Yes, I tried it but it didnt help unfortunately. Then went back to the old one to check it again and it still works. Weird (not going to say strange… LOL).

Ended up playing a game without the game audio and scored 7.4 mil…. by far my best game ever on this table. Maybe I should turn the rom audio off on all of my tables? :unsure:

This is indeed strange :)

I bet you already tried it, so sorry for asking. As you already had the VP9 table, did you swap the ROM with the included one (even if it appears to be the same one)? The old one might be faulty.

Yep…. tried that also with no change.  I have no clue what’s up.  I’m going to tinker around with various file combos this evening and see if I can get it to work.  Thanks for the replies!

ramsrule
      Participant
        @ramsrule

Well it looks as if I’ve got it sorted….. not sure exactly what I did to fix it.

I basically started from scratch by deleting the table, b2s and the nvram (left the rom in place since I knew it was ok and couldnt have changed – it was the one included with the table download that I had copied over earlier).

Put the table and b2s in place, and then started the table.  Of course I couldnt start it due to not having the nvram, which was fine.  I then overrode the one that VPX tried to create with the one from the download, and wallah…. I had game audio!

But all was not well…… I really like the blue color on the score displays on the old backglass, so I then copied it over from the VP9 tables folder to the VPX table folder, and tried to run the table.  No game audio….. :unsure:

So I then delete the b2s and the nvram, and restart the process unsuccesfully.  This is getting really strange (yes, I did).

Lastly, I reboot, and repeat the process AGAIN and seem to have game audio that works through multiple games, reboots and launches from both VPX and via PinballX.

The root cause – maybe something in the older backglass file was corrupting the nvram?  Not so sure….. never had an issue this strange :good: before so who knows.

I do appreciate the help, and I really appreciate the table upgrade.  Man, the VP9 version was probably one of the worst looking tables in my cab.

xphilou29
        Participant
          @xphilou29

excellent table, very nice to play. Thanks for the work and sharing it!

VALIS
          Participant
            @valis

Just a stunning piece of work! Congrats to everyone and thanks!

Brew
            Participant
              @brew

Thanks for hard work guys!

crazy noises coming out of that game :)

DBrown67
              Participant
                @dbrown67

I like this table very much but the sounds need some work I think. I was getting slingshots only coming weakly through the back glass speakers but I managed to fix that from a post earlier in this thread.

However there are still missing sounds altogether like rubber and post hits and plastic rolling sounds. It sounds weird to hear the rolling on the table then to suddenly go silent on the plastic ramp.

I’m not skilled enough with the scripts to attempt any fixes, sorry.

agentEighty6
                Participant
                  @zigbane

I’ll take a look(or listen) to see what you mean.  I was thinking of adding fleeps sound package so that will definitely make the sounds better.  Plus I was never quite satisfied with the physics so I want to update that too

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?