Strange Science (Bally 1986)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    mikebtech48
    Participant
      @mikebtech48

Nice Job guys,  must have been a ton of work .

This is a great table, and feels authentic to the mid 80’s playing feel,

I’ll enjoy playing this some more and much appreciated to all involved in this,

Thanks Again

Mike

joeplainfield
      Participant
        @joeplainfield

Thank you to everyone. On of my missing 80’s machines and well done.

Mark70
        Participant
          @mark70

Thanks for this great table! I have never played it before, It is fun to play.

force10wind
          Participant
            @force10wind

Just played it. Looks amazing! Time to remove the old VP9 one with low resolution.

Thank you!

quirkunlimited
            Participant
              @quirkunlimited

Thank you so much! I’m stoked to try it! I’m new to the vpin scene been quietly lurking on here for a while just reading and learning and I’m now I’m trying to be more active. This is one table I’ve really wanted to play since I’ve never been able to play the real table. I can’t wait to try it! Thank you so much! :yahoo:

ItchyRobot
              Participant
                @itchyrobot

Great job guys! This is a very fun table to play. It was new to me

yobrewster
                Participant
                  @yobrewster

Very interesting table, thank you!

Schreibi34
                  Participant
                    @schreibi34

Damn! I’m sure it plays as good as it looks which would mean that this is one of the top releases this year!

Thanks to everybody involved!!

osc65
                    Participant
                      @osc65

Wow. Totally fun table to play.
                      Never knew it existed (which is also the case with a huge number of pins, particularly from Spain/Brazil etc.)
                      It’s like Xmas every day.
                      Thank you to all involved.

UpJumpTheBoogie
                      Participant
                        @jonathanfischer

What a great and unique table! The colors are fabulous and the table layout is so fun! For the life of me I can’t get the ball into the atom smasher. Is it possible? The Ball will roll up the ramp, but right back down again.

BrandonLaw
                        Participant
                          @brandonlaw

Lol!  Yep.  Just hit the buttons HARDER!~

Kidding…you have to hit it immediately as it drops to the flipper.  It’ll go…got it 4 times in a row yesterday.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

sheltemke
                          Participant
                            @sheltemke

What a great and unique table! The colors are fabulous and the table layout is so fun! For the life of me I can’t get the ball into the atom smasher. Is it possible? The Ball will roll up the ramp, but right back down again.

Yes works perfectly. Need to be a little fast to get to the atom smasher.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

Takes a bit of tries until you know where the shot is – then, it is not a big deal anymore.

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

…wait…whuh?     Just getting to this table.  Lot going on in this game.  Like others, I have never played and seeing for first time.  So very cool!!  Looks fantastic!!

Rajo Joey
                                Participant
                                  @joey2001

Thanks for this table. Absolutely new for me. :yahoo: :good:

Here are my two wheels for this table.
                                  If you want more wheels made by me (nearly 1.000), take a look here:
                                  https://mega.nz/#F!IFsxBbCD!04cfuNEJi5hwuYxL6CvQIg
                                  Or download them directly from the PinUp Popper mediadatabase.

Strange Science (Bally 1986)Strange Science (Bally 1986) Logo

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Jopp
                                  Participant
                                    @joppnl

Fantastic playing and looking table.

Found out how to make that Atomic shot from the start of a ball yesterday and that makes it even more fun.

Graphics are stunning!

But…does anybody know how to get into the machine’s menu? (I’d like to set it on free-play, do some HS reset, put it on 5 ball etc).

All keys that normally work with these era-tables tried but none responded….

Thanks!

PS: sound of slingshots are coming from backbox speaker instead of from underneath table.
                                    Sound “sling” is used in script but also better and underneath tablesounds for sling are already available.
                                    I changed in line 136 and 137 “sling” into “LeftSlingShot” ,  “RighSlingShot” and in the soundmanager located them a bit left and right and now it’s working perfect.

My favorite pinball machine?
                                    Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                    Alacrity
                                    Participant
                                      @dbeedle

Took care of one of these for a friend way back when.  Hauled it up the outside of the house through window to the attic apartment!   And back down again when he wanted it back!  Looks good and fun to play!

BrandonLaw
                                      Participant
                                        @brandonlaw

Guys and Gals.  You will REALLY love this game when you take a few minutes and watch the rules explanation.  Even someone who’s seen 10’s of thousands of tables, has a special enthusiasm when describing this table.  Linked to the beginning of the rules.

Oh…and I just realized there IS a function to move the LAB with Magnasave.  Working on getting that baked in.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

agentEighty6
                                        Participant
                                          @zigbane

The right magnasave moves the L-A-B lights similar to the actual pin.

I also put in a table option to use the right flipper if someone’s vpin doesnt have a right magnasave.

There’s also other options i added in the script if anyone is interested in changing the game to their preference or for performance.

As for ROM options, this is a Bally 6803 table where they started using a keypad inside the machine.  So to set the ROM options, you need to “open” the coin door, and then use your keyboard numeric keypad to go through the options.  The best way to figure this out is to probably get an instruction manual to the actual machine and read to see how it describes how to do this by using your keyboard numeric keypad.

Jopp
                                          Participant
                                            @joppnl

As for ROM options, this is a Bally 6803 table where they started using a keypad inside the machine. So to set the ROM options, you need to “open” the coin door, and then use your keyboard numeric keypad to go through the options. The best way to figure this out is to probably get an instruction manual to the actual machine and read to see how it describes how to do this by using your keyboard numeric keypad.

Found it…for those who care:

Here is how to get into the menu of the table: Table Menu

And here in the manual you can find all the values Manual

(i.e.: you got to put in <65><num.enter> in the <basic option values> <free play> to put it on free play….)

My favorite pinball machine?
                                            Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?