TZ FP to VPX WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Coindropper
    Participant
      @coindropper

I’m working on another conversion WIP and thought I would share. There is still a ton of work left on the lighting (still cant figure out how to make it look good) and the physics and some additional bugs. Let me know what you find, any suggestions, etc. Needing all of the testing help I can get at this point.

***UPDATED LIGHTING (NOT AS LIKELY TO CAUSE SEIZURES)
      https://mega.nz/#!2tkkBTjY!kADSJqE30doSKJIzKsdg-hv-f7YZLJ9o7vmYW3rFPQI

STAT
      Participant
        @stefanaustria
        MemberContributor

Boah fantastic, Coindropper, i love TZ, your WIP Looks awesome … Lights are a bit too much … but as you said, its on a WIP, of course …
        Do you think about the real TV Mod ? i have uploaded all Images …

Coindropper
        Participant
          @coindropper

Thanks Stat, I’ll definitely look at it. I think it would be a nice addition. Yeah, lighting is difficult for me because my laptop is a POS and it’s really hard to tell. :wacko:

nFozzy
          Participant
            @nfozzy

Why so many overlapping GI lights?

Coindropper
            Participant
              @coindropper

New update at the beginning of the post.

nFozzy
              Participant
                @nfozzy

Some notes
                The center clock target is misnamed, should be sw47
                sw76, the mini playfield exit switch, needs to be on the mini playfield to work properly. A switch right on the edge or a kicker with fall-through ticked would work.
                Something’s wrong with the gumball machine scripting, it only works 3 times and then breaks.

My advice for GI:
                Try increasing the falloff to get a good bulb effect on the plastics, then use the big rectangular lights to carry the ambient light further. Falloff is good for inserts as well.

For flashers, if you make ‘Full’ color 10%-20% brighter than the first color it should add a nice gradient effect to the light.

Coindropper
                Participant
                  @coindropper

Thanks nFozzy, I will make some changes asap. I have some ideas for the gumball machine that I want to try. I’ve been learning slowly going through old posts on vpf trying to figure out the best way to do each element. The tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

Your TZ will be my next FAV :)
                    Thanks also to nFozzy

Vampirolatino2
                    Participant
                      @vampirolatino2

thanks, will check it.

Clark Kent
                      Participant
                        @clarkkent
                        MemberContributor

Looks VERY promising! :)

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

Link is dead. Patiently awaiting a new download!

Punch it!

Vampirolatino2
                          Participant
                            @vampirolatino2

Here it is fren: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxuyUVXUod47NWJuR3dGMU9oeHM/view?usp=sharing
                            He’s last upload, waiting for the next one myself too.

Coindropper have done an amazing job, can’t wait for the final product. B-)

Coindropper
                            Participant
                              @coindropper

Sorry Guys, here is the link with some changes. The switches should be correct and some lighting changes:

https://mega.nz/#!zkcjABSS!9yG5CQB-H1SCITScv-JbTlwu6rz8snsP7_G5ImMEna0

I am going to be changing a lot, so it may take me awhile for a new update. I have an idea on the gumball machine and I am going to attempt a real subway I think.

nate
                              Participant
                                @nodzebra

awesome thank you!, your lotr is awesome im sure this will be too!

Coindropper
                                Participant
                                  @coindropper

New update with a few changes. I still cant figure out how I want to do the gumball machine yet. I made a few changes and (I know it’s going to haunt me saying it) it seems to be working for the most part. I used a subway system to try and get rid of most of the kicker’s destroying the ball. Hope it works out and you guys like it. Please let me know of any issues so I can try and get it fixed up.

https://mega.nz/#!6wF0TLAQ!r1PBoqvU04ROpgrOoiInzZ5Y90h48arGxDYnp6Fwt7M

Clark Kent
                                  Participant
                                    @clarkkent
                                    MemberContributor

Wall274 and Wall275 shouldn’t have friction 0 – that’s not good for ball behavior. I used the standard value 0,3 and the ball reacts more natural when reaching the flippers.

The flippers feel better with the angels 123/71.

Ball size would also be a little bit nicer with size 52 but there is something blocking the ball from entering the camera when the ball was shot from the rocket.

I’m using this full screen setting for a more realistic view: 10,43,85,270,1.16,1.26,1,-75,0,0

Coindropper
                                    Participant
                                      @coindropper

Thanks CK, I’ll make the changes hopefully tonight.

Clark Kent
                                      Participant
                                        @clarkkent
                                        MemberContributor

The ball behaves a little bit weird when holding on the right flipper for some time. I think this is because you placed the flipper too far to the right with almost no space between the flipper and the plastics – I think if there is the same space between the inlane plastics and the flipper it should be ok.

The leftmost (red) bumper sometimes seems to catch the ball too long. I have to nudge to get it loose…

The magnets do not work at the moment?

The gum ball machine once produced an error message when loaded. Didn’t happen since then.

By the way – you had different flipper settings for the left and right flipper. I’m using the one from the left flipper now (with the addition of coil ramp up 0,6) and I’m happy with the settings.

For the table itself I’m using these physics settings: 1, 0.08, 0.25, 0.4, 5, 5, 5.

I think physics is really great on that table with the setting above! The ball seems to have the right weight and bounciness, feels natural! :)

Coindropper
                                        Participant
                                          @coindropper

Great feedback CK, thank you! On the gumball error, was it the entry opto error by chance? It’s weird, in the rom test it will work 90% of the time and it throws that error out of the blue. I still want to find a better way to do the machine, I just haven’t come up with it yet. I thought I had the magnets working before but I had to make some changes. I have so many damn revisions that I probably used the wrong one when I uploaded it. I’ll work on that now as well.

ninuzzu
                                          Participant
                                            @ninuzzu
                                            vipMember

I hope it’s ok with you, coindropper.

Clark Kent continued improving it at graphics and physics level.
                                            Then he contacted me, asking some help and it evolved into something different.
                                            I rebuilded the table, using my models , where possible, some are still converted from rom’s FP table.
                                            Flupper1 and Tom Tower joined the team later and enhanced the visuals with some stunning models. You guys rock!

This is the current WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 73 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?