A little about vpinball.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

I wanted a Face Book style site for digital pinball with a forum, downloads and stuff but focus on social networking. So i don’t know if everyone has added a cover photo to their profile? NOPE! Also you have a timeline on your profile just like face book and visitors to your profile see that timeline! To be honest thats really what this site is supposed to be a social network site but i added the forums(bbpress) and the downloads area is more then 50% custom built! So check out the site a little bit, Add a profile picture and a cover photo! Update your timeline with stuff! There is also a media area you can add whatever to that!

Also keep in mind this site is very new and will only get better and better with your contributions! I will keep testing new things and adding more to it as i get time but really is a different site with lots of neat features so please check them out.

Im also open to ideas or any help to make things better or different let me know.

One thing I’ve been working on is portfolios for members. A page to showcase your VP projects! Would be used to display all your contributions to visual pinball linked to your profile. Very neat BUT you would build your portfolio yourself from frontend. its close to being finished so look for that.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Scooby
      Participant
        @scooby

Hey randr,

Loving the site so far, great job.  Can you let me know how to upload photos to the site?  There is an insert image icon in the text editor, but then it asks for the source and image description.  I don’t see a place to click or find the file I want to attach.

Thanks.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Check now somehow the option was turned off! :) thanks for pointing it out :good:  no i better see some pictures

for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

I’ve started fleshing out my profile with some pics and will upload a video shortly, but a quick question about groups…. Is that something we can create? As I would like to make an “Aussie” group, but don’t seem to be able to do anything with the feature.

Cheers

Rusty

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

OK ignore what this comment originally said… I’ve found my media gallery again.

So now that I have created a gallery with images, is it viewable to other users visiting my profile?

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Yes i can see them! commented on a couple. Looking at groups option did work but nobody used it i will enable it again

for IOS and Android

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

For now try this to create a group.

http://vpinball.com/groups/create/step/group-details/

for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                    @rustycardores
                    MemberModerator

For now try this to create a group. http://vpinball.com/groups/create/step/group-details/

Ah I see…. it’s working now, but it’s probably a little more “community wide” than I expected. I thought it may have been  way of me sorting particular member’s rather than creating a community group/forum etc.

topcat
                    Participant
                      @topcat

You should be able to make by invite only

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

I think its private. let me know glad to adjust anything thats needed so people will use the feature

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

topcat
                        Participant
                          @topcat

I tested and group creating works. You set public, private or hidden add picture, invites and forum is optional seems to work randr looks good to me

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Yeah seems ok. I added create a group to dropdown from your avatar on top menu so should be all good to go

for IOS and Android

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?