Arcade Pedestal Combo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

Okay it’s not a virtual pinball machine, but I am happy how this turned out.  It is a pedestal that has a computer running all of the basic mame arcade games.  Plus all the mame gun games on a separate wheel in Hyperspin.  Also has all 3 house of the dead and big buck hunter launching directly from Hyperspin.  Using 2 Aimtrack guns that have the built in feedback actuators, which really adds to the gun games i think.  Then to top it off  I have a Golden Tee Complete board that is converted to a HDMI output and shares some  of the same buttons on the top.  Top graphic is custom photo shopped, then reverse printed onto the backside of clear Acrylic.  All I have left to do is a lot of wire cleaning and tidying, then split the trackball wiring harness to be controlled by golden tee or the mame computer.

Having access to a CNC router and large shop always come in handy for these type of projects. B-)    More pics will follow once i get my wiring finished

Pedestal

Pedestal-top

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

awesome work man!!

my wife would quit her job and stay home and kill zombies all day…

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Nice! Years ago I wanted to make that style of mame cab but the crt was attached(42” crt) with the tv’s today this is making more sense to do. Looks great

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

That thing is sweet, man… we used to play some Golden Tee like crazy down at this bar when I was in college… lol.

robwaade
            Participant
              @robwaade

looks great i have golden tee complete board the green board how did you get it to do hdmi

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

looks great i have golden tee complete board the green board how did you get it to do hdmi

2 separate converters first CGA to VGA converter

http://retroactivearcade.ca/gbs8200-cga-rgb-to-vga-converter/

Then you need to convert VGA to HDMI

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Scaler-Converter-Support/dp/B00IDFGK1W/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1520715963&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=vga+to+hdmi+converter&psc=1

I was doubtful at first but it worked out

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?