Xmen VPX

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    STAT
    Participant
      @stefanaustria
      MemberContributor

… whatever 4.3 may be … of course thanks !

Sven34
      Participant
        @sven34

Thank you very much for Next Update 3.5  :yahoo:

CarnyPriest
        Participant
          @carnypriest

My goal was to reproduce the source image, a photo of a factory instruction card on a machine that pinballnews.com had reviewed, as closely as I could. Once I was able to correct the qr code on the source image to the point that it could be decoded, I tried several qr code generators to recreate the code. For whatever reason, no two generators produce the same output and none look like the original image. Just tried the one you linked to and it is the same story. As the goal is a strict reproduction, I found a way to vectorize what I had and at least get it functioning even if it is not as clean as I would have liked. I’m definitely not going to draw and place each individual pixel in the code. That would be nuts, and doing these cards takes enough of my time.

If you want to replace the qr code with one of the generated codes or even replace it with a functioning link to Stern or IPDB or whatever, that’s cool. I can make the Illustrator file available and it would be fairly easy to replace the code. There’s a good YouTube video with John Borg talking about development of the X-Men table. That would be a good link too.

By the way, in all these years that these have been around as a marketing come-on, I’ve personally never felt any need at all to scan a qr code. It’s the first time I’ve had to deal with them.

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

Attachments:
            CarnyPriest
            Participant
              @carnypriest

Thanks, but not the same pattern even if it goes to the same dead link.

x-menqrdecode

And even if I generate using the online generator you suggested I get different output from what you have. I’m Ok with what I have.

If you want to swap codes I can pass along my Illustrator file.

What I really need is some German language reference images. Or any other languages. All I have for X-Men is English.

Attachments:
              STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

B-) … no, this was just a Test, pelase scan it

Bullwinkle55
                Participant
                  @bullwinkle55

Table looks very beautiful, but I can’t find an xmn_151 rom anywhere. I renamed a 105 rom to 151 and the table works but has only flipper and bumper sounds so I guess I need the proper rom.   thanks for the awesome  table by the way.

Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

Table looks very beautiful, but I can’t find an xmn_151 rom anywhere. I renamed a 105 rom to 151 and the table works but has only flipper and bumper sounds so I guess I need the proper rom. thanks for the awesome table by the way.

You can get the 151 rom from the stern website. After downloading zip it and name accordingly

Bullwinkle55
                    Participant
                      @bullwinkle55

Jesperpark  said ”  You can get the 151 rom from the stern website. After downloading zip it and name accordingly”

Thanks, much appreciated

Bullwinkle55
                      Participant
                        @bullwinkle55

Now it sounds as good as it looks. Very cool table

CarnyPriest
                        Participant
                          @carnypriest

…

Nice one

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Have not seen QR codes for a while! i agree needs change log! :)

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

blackvulcan3
                            Participant
                              @blackvulcan3

Hey all, should we be using Pro or LE rom, and does it even matter?

blackvulcan3
                              Participant
                                @blackvulcan3

Reason I ask is that I try the 1.51 Pro from Stern. Cant get it to work even though I am zipping it myself as I have done with Stern tables in the past. I am using the new Stern beta, is there a problem there. ROM just fails to initialise even though a ROM test through setup gives an okay.

EDIT – Tried both Pro and LE. No dice. Any help would be appreciated.

xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

Sent you personal message.

Glad it helped you get the table running!!

Have a great night!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Episode
                                  Participant
                                    @episode

Same problem for me as blackvulcan3, i tried both of the stern roms right from their site, renamed and wont load.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?