Reply To: Jungle Girl fpx (preview release)

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

Both FP and VPX are running on very old software…. and they both respectfully have been having their life extended long past what many thought would be possible.

Toxie and Fuzzel have done wonders with VPX.

Ravarcade has been doing MANY things in the last 2 years that have been game changers on FP.

Many people who had the “FP = playing like crap” attitude have tried new tables updated to modern BAM standards and have been pleasantly surprised. Once people get out of the brainwashing of “FP=evil and bad playing” mindset… they can enjoy some great tables they can’t get on VPX.

When someone like shiva, myself, GeorgeH, Gimli, francisco666, wild, Steve Paradis, SLAMT1LT, etc share their passion for FP and want to show off what we have worked on for many weeks / months… this is not a threat to the community or works of VPX or its very talented devs and authors.

The only thing that I want to hear from someone is compliments or legit suggestions for the table.

If there is something specific that you think should be changed in terms of the physics… TELL US exactly what you mean and how something should behave, etc. That I very much want to hear, as I’m no expert at it, and I can benefit from others expertise. Today many things can be done on FP that wasn’t possible years ago.

If your attitude is “FP sucks no matter what”… that quite frankly shows your ignorance about FP “today”, and honestly I have no interest in what you have to say because you’ve showed you have no interest in an objective opinion. Take your fanboy’ism to a “visual pinball” forum or topic.

I call people out on not respecting other people’s work. I don’t care if it’s FP, VPX, PUP, VR, Front-ends…etc. If all you have to offer is poison… take that elsewhere. (For the record I have occasionally slipped in FP VR comments in VPVR posts,etc.. and maybe that wasn’t wanted…. so I could do better as well).

If I make post about my new RetroFlair – BAM update…which is damn cool and I’m friggin proud of… or my PinEvent updates on FP… again doing things not even done on VPX yet… I’m friggin proud of that. If someone only posts to offers some crap about “wish this was on VPX”… or “fix the physics, lol”….  I consider that an ass-hole’ish remark and very dissrespectful.

Back on topic…..

@Shiva
    , this table looks fantastic! I thought it was an arcade recreation. Wow!

I know you have been working on the fpx engine for some time. I wonder if now having full com object access in FP using the BAM COM Extensions plug-in will benefit you at all?

I want to try this beauty out…but I can’t get Pinball Nirvanna to send me a confirmation code to my email. :(

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?