Reply To: What are we missing for a Batman forever table

Schreibi34
Participant
    @schreibi34

@bord

Just out of curiosity:

Is this because of the 300+ hours, that it takes to make a table in Blender, are starting to get on your nerves? Do you feel it’s better to wait for the next step in VP where every table could be made in 50 – 100h, looking as good as the prerender stuff? Because that’s more and more how i feel right now. Especially with the MSFS build i’m working on. I have about 100 cameras right now to capture the table with perspective textures. Only to make sure everybody can choose their own POV. And for the GI-OFF textures i will render through all those cameras again. Frank alone will get 8 Baked textures on 5 different meshes just to simulate the different lightstates. Don’t get me wrong! I love setting up the table in Blender up to the point where you can do a nice render and show it to the comunity! But 80% of the boring work is done after that! Thats 250h of boring repetitive work that doesen’t feel like a hobby! None of this would be necessary with a newer engine. This is not related to the Devs work! Guys, i love your work and i can’t thank you enough for everything you have done for VP!!! I’m just saying that i am running out of gas right now. No worries, MSFS will be finished, but what’s next?

@Tom

This is no hijack of your thread. I think this is an explenation of why some tables are not being made these days. A few well known authors seem to take smaller breaks inbetween tables. Maybe, and i say MAYBE, they feel the same and the smaller breaks get a bit longer after each table.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?