Reply To: Starship Troopers (Sega 1997)

sheltemke
Participant
    @sheltemke

Line 298: sript error

It started with this error message for me too.

Then I commented on that line in the script (I put a ‘ at the beginning of the line) and it’s been working ever since.

I just don’t know what I lost with that, that line doesn’t take into account. But it works!

And this error tells what? screenshot?

It works fine here. Are you sure all is up to date (VpinMame, scripts)? :-(

I attached a picture of the error. VPinMame version 3.2, Freezy 1.8. What else should I see?

I surprised you are the only one who reported this until now, becouse i had the same  Line 298 Null error code :)

What i done: Reinstalled the latest 10.7beta , overwrited all vbs script and dll once more (not just in script directory but the vbs ones even on table directory too) , removed nvram file, redownloaded rom file ,redownloaded table, deleted the rom line from the registry and the same Line 298 null error code happened.

The Solution was simple however i dont understand why it needs, and on Vpin Workshop discord there was no idea from other guys why this strange “error” happens.

The solution: on that line the flashercapslityellow modify to this: FlasherCapsLitYellow

You have to use Large Letters too, so the FlasherCapsLitYellow must be the same name than in Material Manager.

Only have to modify the Yellow one in line 298(however i modified the other colors too just to be sure it wont be problem at the future).

I “feel” somehow its a Windows related error and not VP(if you open the table with 10.6 final, same error happens).

Why i think this? Becouse i reinstalled/reset everything and only the script modification helped.

I attach a screenshot too for you.

Oh and by the way the table is fantastic! I only played this one yesterday nothing else…so much fun!! Love it. A masterpiece in every aspect. Personally i prefer “Lut4” settings, its fantastic.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by sheltemke.
    Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?