Starship Troopers (Sega 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    tomate
    Participant
      @tomate

I’ve looked in all but the right place.  Would somebody please share with me where the backdrop settings are?  I’m running 2 monitor desktop system.  Thank you.

from here you change the LUTs ;-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Gramps
      Participant
        @gramps

Ah Ha !  Thanks Tomate.  I did look there but didn’t know what I was looking at, obviously.  Like somebody else said, that didn’t brighten it up.  When the table first pops up, it looks like it’s going to be brighter, but then it pops back to dark. Usually bumping up the Night->Day cycle works for me but not with this one.  Could it be that I only have a HD monitor?  It’s really only the upper regions of the table.

Still great fun!  Just wish I could see more of that incredible detail in the upper regions.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

@gramps : LUT is something you can steal from another table. It will change color temperature so it might not look as good as intended. But, I want you to at least learn how it works so you are able to adjust these kinds of things for yourself. You see that name in the dropbox ? That is the name of a file inside image manager. You can go to image manager via the top menu. If you do the same for another table, or get this https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/lut-file-collection-neutral-and-warm/ nice collection from Vogliadicane. Extract those files to somewhere – lets say c:\luts because once you start to do this, you might be tempted to change more tables. In image manager – go to import, now select all those files. You should after that be able to use the dropdown that you’ve just learned about to change to the files you imported. I said all those files, because like the preview shows, they go from light to darker and that is what you’re asking for here. Try 10, 20 etc.

Note though. I don’t really recommend to do it for authors like Knorr, Flupper, Bord etc. Those guys are masters at using LUT to get to where they want. But, well, you asked and you should definitely learn how to do this. It can do wonders, especially used with the day/night slider.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Thalamus.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Thalamus.
          Matteo
          Participant
            @matteo

Line 298:   sript error

m.

Matteo
            Participant
              @matteo

Visual Pinball X      v.10.7.0

Script Error:  Line 198

m.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Matteo.
              Gramps
              Participant
                @gramps

Thank you so much Thalamus !  I’m always up for learning something new !  I really appreciate your help and will spend some time with this today.

yinyan
                Participant
                  @yinyan

very nice

Smitsjohn007
                  Participant
                    @smitsjohn007

i hope some new 1.7 tables coming out soon!

this table is magnificant.

keep up the good work.

Retrogamer78
                    Participant
                      @retrogamer78

Man this looks amazing! Thank you!!

barneyrfd
                      Participant
                        @barneyrfd

Open VPX 7 – load Star Troopers table – on upper left side of screen click on button with an image of a pinball cabinet, that will open the backglass view – on right side will be Properties options – look down to Color Grading Lookup Table and you will see drop down box for LUT choices.

Peter222
                        Participant
                          @swietlikowa

Thanks for the table. Very nice, looks great, plays great, Just wondering if you can tell me how to adjust the overall brightness if you don’t have magna buttons.

Thanks.

@barneyrfd
                          Just use the keyboard, a wireless keyboard (preferably mini) is a basic Cab accessory

J4miePlayer
                          Participant
                            @j4mieplayer

Looks great :-)

I had to change rol in the script to 0 as the DMD was showing rotated 90 degrees for me

htamas
                            Participant
                              @htamas

I had to change rol in the script to 0 as the DMD was showing rotated 90 degrees for me

Same here.

@Knorr
                              : What a great job on this table – thanks so much, it looks and plays awesome.

evileman
                              Participant
                                @evileman

An absolute beauty. Thank you Knorr/Clark Kent for sharing this masterpiece. You work is very much appreciated!!!

workerboy
                                Participant
                                  @workerboy

Line 298: sript error

It started with this error message for me too.

Then I commented on that line in the script (I put a ‘ at the beginning of the line) and it’s been working ever since.

I just don’t know what I lost with that, that line doesn’t take into account. But it works!

kds70
                                  Participant
                                    @kds70

Then I commented on that line in the script (I put a ‘ at the beginning of the line) and it’s been working ever since.

I just don’t know what I lost with that, that line doesn’t take into account. But it works!

And this error tells what? screenshot?

It works fine here. Are you sure all is up to date (VpinMame, scripts)? :-(

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

lukpcn
                                    Participant
                                      @lukpcn

When unpacking the 10.7 beta there are some dlls that overwrite those that comes with 10.6, Will 10.6 work ok with those dlls and updated scripts too ?

regards
                                      Lukasz

workerboy
                                      Participant
                                        @workerboy

I attached a picture of the error. VPinMame version 3.2, Freezy 1.8. What else should I see?

sheltemke
                                        Participant
                                          @sheltemke

I attached a picture of the error. VPinMame version 3.2, Freezy 1.8. What else should I see?

I surprised you are the only one who reported this until now, becouse i had the same  Line 298 Null error code :)

What i done: Reinstalled the latest 10.7beta , overwrited all vbs script and dll once more (not just in script directory but the vbs ones even on table directory too) , removed nvram file, redownloaded rom file ,redownloaded table, deleted the rom line from the registry and the same Line 298 null error code happened.

The Solution was simple however i dont understand why it needs, and on Vpin Workshop discord there was no idea from other guys why this strange “error” happens.

The solution: on that line the flashercapslityellow modify to this: FlasherCapsLitYellow

You have to use Large Letters too, so the FlasherCapsLitYellow must be the same name than in Material Manager.

Only have to modify the Yellow one in line 298(however i modified the other colors too just to be sure it wont be problem at the future).

I “feel” somehow its a Windows related error and not VP(if you open the table with 10.6 final, same error happens).

Why i think this? Becouse i reinstalled/reset everything and only the script modification helped.

I attach a screenshot too for you.

Oh and by the way the table is fantastic! I only played this one yesterday nothing else…so much fun!! Love it. A masterpiece in every aspect. Personally i prefer “Lut4” settings, its fantastic.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by sheltemke.
                                          Attachments:
                                          Knorr
                                          Participant
                                            @knorr
                                            vipContributor

I surprised you are the only one who reported this until now, becouse i had the same Line 298 Null error code :)

What i done: Reinstalled the latest 10.7beta , overwrited all vbs script and dll once more (not just in script directory but the vbs ones even on table directory too) , removed nvram file, redownloaded rom file , deleted the rom line from the registry and the same Line 298 null error code happened.

The Solution was simple however i dont understand why it needs, and on Vpin Workshop discord there was no idea from other guys why this strange “error” happens.

The solution: on that line the flashercapslityellow modify to this: FlasherCapsLitYellow

You have to use Large Letters too, so the FlasherCapsLitYellow must be the same name than in Material Manager.

Only have to modify the Yellow one in line 298(however i modified the other ones too just to be sure it wont be problem at the future).

I “feel” somehow its a Windows related error and not VP(if you open the table with 10.6 final, same error happens).

Why i think this? Becouse i reinstalled/reset everything and only the script modification helped.

I attach a screenshot too for you.

Oh and by the way the table is fantastic! I only played this one yesterday nothing else…so much fun!! Love it. A masterpiece in every aspect. Personally i prefer “Lut4” settings, its still dark but fantastic.

Thanks for finding this. Makes no sense to me but when it works…

I prefer lut4 too btw…

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 157 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?