Starship Troopers (Sega 1997)

Viewing 17 posts - 141 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    robertms
    Participant
      @mophead

The problem I am having right now is that during multi-ball, the plunger is not shooting the balls into play automatically. Balls come out but no plunger action. Any suggestions?

@smackalip
      if you have an analog plunger you’ll most likely have to adjust the plunger position a bit in the editor; this was discussed earlier in this thread https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/starship-troopers-sega-1997/page/5/#post-228038

smackalip
      Participant
        @smackalip

Thank you. I missed that thread. I will have a look at it.

smackalip
        Participant
          @smackalip

I did make a few changes on the plunger, but now that I see the thread, it works the way it should. Love the work done on this table table. Thanks as always for the help.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by smackalip.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by smackalip.
          Knorr
          Participant
            @knorr
            vipContributor

Thanks for the update @knorr. Looking forward to play this update. I kind of let it rest so I don’t get bored of it and I still need to read up on the rules. :rose:

@thalamus
            great video here. Most of the stuff is covered.

3 users thanked author for this post.
            robertms
            Participant
              @mophead

@knorr your table looks better :whistle:

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

@knorr : Thanks for the video. Always more fun to play machines when you know the rules. I wish there were more tutorials out there where they explain it at this level or better.

Just ran the new 10.7beta, and “finally” ?! I was able to get into a lost ball situation. MB, not easy keep track of them all. So I ran a debug to look for balls on the pf still. It told me it was at

205,5114 – x
                261,4752 – y
                13,51077 – z

Knorr
                Participant
                  @knorr
                  vipContributor

@thalamus how did you check the ball location? Didn’t know that’s possible

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

@knorr : Oh. I learn from the best :-) Sometime ago, @djrobx mentioned it. You need to keep the game running of course, can be a problem if you have force fullscreen on etc. But, well, don’t exit table. ‘d’ for debug and get the console up. Now make a one liner.

dim b:b=getballs:debug.print b(0).x & " " & b(0).y & " " & b(0).z

This of course is only working if the machine doesn’t have trapped balls that are supposed to be on the table, like metallica, algar etc, where you shoot the balls into a target. But, as long as you know how many balls there are supposed to be. Then change the value of 0 to 1, 2, 3 etc. Or you could in theory have 2 balls trapped and find them both by this method. I tend to make a gate which is 100 width and reduce it to 50, then put in the x and they y and see exactly where the ball is located as a visual guide.

Actually, come to thing of this – why don’t we suggest such a function to be implemented into the debugger ? I’ll put it in the vpx beta thread and see if they bite.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Thalamus.
                    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Thalamus.
                    Rajo Joey
                    Participant
                      @joey2001

great work thanks man ,

can some maybe tell me why i cant get this working in VR ?

You have to play this with the VPinballX_GL 10.7 version. Then it works.

@Knorr

Your table looks awesome in VR. Thanks for this beauty.

But I have to set the scaling factor to 1.8 in the settings in the VR-editor; same as your wonderful WCS. Otherwise I play a mini-cab or feel like a giant. ?

It seems, you are the only one, who build tables like this. I tested nearly 200 tables in VR and all are working with the scaling factor 1.0.

It’s not a big problem. I’m only wondering, why you do this.

Knorr
                      Participant
                        @knorr
                        vipContributor

@joey2001

I built in scale 1:1. It’s easier to build in metric then in visual pinball units (~1:1.85). So basically all others are to big ;). You know, I build this stuff in cinema 4d. Of course with the correct scale. Later I always had to get scale right and recalculate stuff like ramp heights when I use objects which are native in in vpx like ramps or walls and flashers. It’s obvious that i only had to make the ball smaller to get rid of that but physics changed also and small changes have bigger impacts on that too… Overall I’m satisfied with the outcome of wcs and sst…

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

… and I’m satisfied with all your releases !

Rajo Joey
                          Participant
                            @joey2001

… and I’m satisfied with all your releases !

Me too. ?

TNT2
                            Participant
                              @tnt2

I am a weak weak man.

Generally I try to avoid the VPX beta releases as I always worry about messing up older tables as they aren’t always compatible. But I had to play this table. I couldn’t wait any longer.

And it completely, 100% delivers. Wow! Thanks Knorr!

Kaizu
                              Participant
                                @kaizu

Whoa, one of my favorite movies and a very nice looking table. Cheers.

pablo99
                                Participant
                                  @pablo99

Fantastic table, many thanks.

Changing the LUT with the magnasave buttons works well but although the setting is saved it is not reloaded the next time the table is run. This can be fixed by adding LoadLUT at the end of the Table1_Init routine.

Knorr
                                  Participant
                                    @knorr
                                    vipContributor

@pablo99

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/starship-troopers-sega-1997/page/4/#post-227829

Change the LUT in the backdrop settings, save the table, done. No need for scripting.

Aurel
                                    Participant
                                      @aurel

Very nice and awesome release! Your recreations look always amazing!! Just incredible!

Thanks a lot for all these gifts   :good:

Just one visual fix (a forget for sure): “WarriorBugAssembly003” should be added to the “imageswap” collection and set with :

• image : “WarriorBugAss_off”
                                      • material : “Metal_Chrome_alpha”

Without this small fix this target is allways bright and doesn’t change its brightness with the rest.

Thanks again!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 141 through 157 (of 157 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?