Starship Troopers (Sega 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    kds70
    Participant
      @kds70

So i think it depends on your setup. Table hab been downloaded 1385 times; two people reported a script error. No one else reported a problem with a crash; strange …

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

If force fullscreen is on, turn it off and run the game manually – still a problem or do you maybe now see an error ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
        karlson18
        Participant
          @karlson18

An other question there is no dof support for startrp2, right?

Greetings

karlson

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by karlson18.
          freetz
          Participant
            @freetz

If force fullscreen is on, turn it off and run the game manually – still a problem or do you maybe now see an error ?

nope nothing changes realy strange cause made a new setup…

freetz
            Participant
              @freetz

@thalamus

found the problem is was actually very stupid but i realised it later. so here the problem :

first time i started the game in 10.6 and did a sound adjustment and saved the table “bonk”

that was the problem it was saved in 10.6 that caused the crash.

after i reloaded a new copy everything worked fine.

Thanks for this beauty.

regards

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Well, actually, thanks for coming back and explaining that. I expect that you won’t be the last one and now we at least know a new symptom to look for, though, being my age, I might forget too ;-)   At least you are now able to enjoy this machine. I’ve just hit the corner of the sofa with some slightly sore feets after playing this one. I have only one small thing I would consider chaning. If you trap the ball on the right flipper and use the little flipper when it is at rest, you will almost in 100% of the cases be able to do the left kicker. Can be exploited and too tempting for me to do if my friend comes over and wants to kick my ass. Of course, will only use it if I’m behind and on last ball as a super exploit ;)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Thalamus.
                Knorr
                Participant
                  @knorr
                  vipContributor

Not quite sure about that small flipper. @vinthar how well does that work. Trap ball on right flipper and shoot with the small one to the left kicker…

Manbearpig
                  Participant
                    @manbearpig

downloaded 10.7 – 4439 today. extracted to a new folder dropped the VP app (renamed to VPX7) into Visual Pinball directory where the other app exe is.
                    dbl click 7 and select ST, but nothing loads :(

edit: tested a different table and it loaded fine with the VP7 exe in the VP 10.6 location. i can open ST in the VP 10.6 fine and it just does the while table thing.

I like turtles.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Manbearpig.
                    Thalamus
                      @thalamus

??? Really ? Without any error message ?? Something must have happened ? A crash ? Surely – something happened. Should not be needed, but, who knows – reboot and if that doesn’t help. Do it again, even download the table again. This has always, for years worked on my end.

Manbearpig
                      Participant
                        @manbearpig

??? Really ? Without any error message ?? Something must have happened ? A crash ? Surely – something happened. Should not be needed, but, who knows – reboot and if that doesn’t help. Do it again, even download the table again. This has always, for years worked on my end.

rebooted- tried and at least got the windows stopped this program error. looked in even viewer with no real answer.

redownloaded and dropped in folder – BOOM, working. i wonder if since i changed the script in VPX10.6 and saved that it jacked up the file some how.

and i must say WOW, this looks awesome. i wish i could go 4k, but GPU prices are stupid dumb.

I like turtles.

freetz
                        Participant
                          @freetz

Well, actually, thanks for coming back and explaining that. I expect that you won’t be the last one and now we at least know a new symptom to look for, though, being my age, I might forget too ;-) At least you are now able to enjoy this machine. I’ve just hit the corner of the sofa with some slightly sore feets after playing this one. I have only one small thing I would consider chaning. If you trap the ball on the right flipper and use the little flipper when it is at rest, you will almost in 100% of the cases be able to do the left kicker. Can be exploited and too tempting for me to do if my friend comes over and wants to kick my ass. Of course, will only use it if I’m behind and on last ball as a super exploit ;)

u know , coming back with a problem , and tell everyone how i found out and fixed it , this is what the community here is about.

Cause somebody will have the same prob.

p.s. still the congo table is buggy ^^

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

Oh yes. Don’t open a table that has the warning of using 10.7 features. If you save anything, it will not know how to save the table back properly. That is why that warning is there. In theory this can work, but, don’t :)

Happy to hear that it is working though. Why can’t you go 4k ? Maybe do the poor man nvidia dsr ? I used that for quite along time with a nvidia 750ti on a 4k capable display in only 1080p. It is FAR from the quality of 4k, but it is also much better than regular 1080p.

@freetz
                            : What’s wrong with congo ? And well – put that in the congo thread ;)

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Not quite sure about that small flipper. @vinthar how well does that work. Trap ball on right flipper and shoot with the small one to the left kicker…

I saw that there is a pf mesh – but, I haven’t looked at it in detail. Maybe add some bevel to the hole itself would help to reject some of the shots ? I want to give that a try here. I don’t want to come out as unappreciative. This is a fantastic release. I don’t know the rules very well, and that is a good thing. I will spend time on it learning every detail now. It feels, looks and sounds in the top notch scale of vpx releases. A jewel among other jewels I guess.

Knorr
                              Participant
                                @knorr
                                vipContributor

@thalamus left kicker fixed: 4 out of 10 should be ok i guess (i will upload a new version upcoming weekend)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Knorr.
                                Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

@knorr : Absolutely. Damn you though, there goes my cheating plan out the window ;-) :heart: :rose:

Knorr
                                  Participant
                                    @knorr
                                    vipContributor

@sheltemke

with the update i changed the flasherupdate letters like you posted. I hope this time you will have no problems.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Knorr.
                                    Meek424424
                                    Participant
                                      @meek424424

Amazing work! What a beauty this one is. Thank you for all your hard work to all involved. This table is on a different level for sure. I really appreciate all that went into this masterpiece and all that you guys contribute to this wonderful hobby. This one is just so much fun!!! :)

sheltemke
                                      Participant
                                        @sheltemke

@sheltemke

with the update i changed the flasherupdate letters like you posted. I hope this time you will have no problems.

Works perfectly :) Thank you so much for the update.

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

Thanks a lot for the update Knorr, this table is top notch!

Matteo
                                          Participant
                                            @matteo

Thank’s   v.1.1  :)

m.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 157 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?