Starship Troopers (Sega 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    workerboy
    Participant
      @workerboy

Line 298: sript error

It started with this error message for me too.

Then I commented on that line in the script (I put a ‘ at the beginning of the line) and it’s been working ever since.

I just don’t know what I lost with that, that line doesn’t take into account. But it works!

And this error tells what? screenshot?

It works fine here. Are you sure all is up to date (VpinMame, scripts)? :-(

I attached a picture of the error. VPinMame version 3.2, Freezy 1.8. What else should I see?

I surprised you are the only one who reported this until now, becouse i had the same Line 298 Null error code :)

What i done: Reinstalled the latest 10.7beta , overwrited all vbs script and dll once more (not just in script directory but the vbs ones even on table directory too) , removed nvram file, redownloaded rom file ,redownloaded table, deleted the rom line from the registry and the same Line 298 null error code happened.

The Solution was simple however i dont understand why it needs, and on Vpin Workshop discord there was no idea from other guys why this strange “error” happens.

The solution: on that line the flashercapslityellow modify to this: FlasherCapsLitYellow

You have to use Large Letters too, so the FlasherCapsLitYellow must be the same name than in Material Manager.

Only have to modify the Yellow one in line 298(however i modified the other colors too just to be sure it wont be problem at the future).

I “feel” somehow its a Windows related error and not VP(if you open the table with 10.6 final, same error happens).

Why i think this? Becouse i reinstalled/reset everything and only the script modification helped.

I attach a screenshot too for you.

Oh and by the way the table is fantastic! I only played this one yesterday nothing else…so much fun!! Love it. A masterpiece in every aspect. Personally i prefer “Lut4” settings, its fantastic.

Hey, it works! Thank so much Sheltemke! Greetings from Hungary! :bye: :good:

sheltemke
      Participant
        @sheltemke

Line 298: sript error

It started with this error message for me too.

Then I commented on that line in the script (I put a ‘ at the beginning of the line) and it’s been working ever since.

I just don’t know what I lost with that, that line doesn’t take into account. But it works!

And this error tells what? screenshot?

It works fine here. Are you sure all is up to date (VpinMame, scripts)? :-(

I attached a picture of the error. VPinMame version 3.2, Freezy 1.8. What else should I see?

I surprised you are the only one who reported this until now, becouse i had the same Line 298 Null error code :)

What i done: Reinstalled the latest 10.7beta , overwrited all vbs script and dll once more (not just in script directory but the vbs ones even on table directory too) , removed nvram file, redownloaded rom file ,redownloaded table, deleted the rom line from the registry and the same Line 298 null error code happened.

The Solution was simple however i dont understand why it needs, and on Vpin Workshop discord there was no idea from other guys why this strange “error” happens.

The solution: on that line the flashercapslityellow modify to this: FlasherCapsLitYellow

You have to use Large Letters too, so the FlasherCapsLitYellow must be the same name than in Material Manager.

Only have to modify the Yellow one in line 298(however i modified the other colors too just to be sure it wont be problem at the future).

I “feel” somehow its a Windows related error and not VP(if you open the table with 10.6 final, same error happens).

Why i think this? Becouse i reinstalled/reset everything and only the script modification helped.

I attach a screenshot too for you.

Oh and by the way the table is fantastic! I only played this one yesterday nothing else…so much fun!! Love it. A masterpiece in every aspect. Personally i prefer “Lut4” settings, its fantastic.

Hey, it works! Thank so much Sheltemke! Greetings from Hungary! :bye: :good:

Interesting. So you are from Hungary too like me…we have to check the windows language settings. I mean lets try with “Eng” Windows 10 language settings and not “Hun”. Its so strange than only this bug happened for us and we from Hungary.

Edit: No, it didnt helped :) So its a Hungarian error then haha! But we fixed it already and only that matters.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by sheltemke.
        Peter222
        Participant
          @swietlikowa

Interesting. So you are from Hungary too like me…we have to check the windows language settings. I mean lets try with “Eng” Windows 10 language settings and not “Hun”. Its so strange than only this bug happened for us and we from Hungary.

@workerboy
          , @sheltemke If you suspect that the errors in the script have to do with locale, try adding “setlocale(1033)” to the beginning of the script, it has helped me in several tables.

The beginning of the script, first 3 lines:

1. Option Explicit
          2. Randomize
          3. setlocale(1033)
          sheltemke
          Participant
            @sheltemke

@workerboy
            , @sheltemke If you suspect that the errors in the script have to do with locale, try adding “setlocale(1033)” to the beginning of the script, it has helped me in several tables.

The beginning of the script, first 3 lines:

1. Option Explicit 2. Randomize 3. setlocale(1033)

Tried now. No luck, same error if i set back the script and add this. But thx for suggestion.

makmak
            Participant
              @makmak

anyone else having immediate ball drains with  auto plunger (during multiballs the auto plunger seems so weak, the balls does not make it to the top and then goes to right outlane and drain (many times, but not always, strange))? otherwise great table, i love the flipper physics!

kds70
              Participant
                @kds70

anyone else having immediate ball drains with auto plunger (during multiballs the auto plunger seems so weak, the balls does not make it to the top and then goes to right outlane and drain (many times, but not always, strange))? otherwise great table, i love the flipper physics!

Yes – happens to my setup too. So i had to set plungers y position to 1118,073 and it works now.

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

2 users thanked author for this post.
                LIT-
                Participant
                  @lit

Hi Got the table working but the dmd is rotated sideways. all other tables are fine just this new one any ideas?

Thanks LIT

karlson18
                  Participant
                    @karlson18

Very nice table thank you for the hard work on this pretty one.

Sorry don’t read all.

One question is there a way to turn off the sideblades also the refelxion on cab insider, i like them more black. Searching around but don’t found a way.

Greetings

karlson

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Read the support thread, pretty sure it was mentioned by someone.

Knorr
                      Participant
                        @knorr
                        vipContributor

Very nice table thank you for the hard work on this pretty one.

Sorry don’t read all.

One question is there a way to turn off the sideblades also the refelxion on cab insider, i like them more black. Searching around but don’t found a way.

Greetings

karlson

Change both “korpus_inside” texture to something you like more.

Cheers

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Knorr
                        Participant
                          @knorr
                          vipContributor

Hi Got the table working but the dmd is rotated sideways. all other tables are fine just this new one any ideas?

Thanks LIT

On this table are 3 dmds. Two flasher dmds, and pinmame dmd. Try to change “rol” in the script.

freetz
                          Participant
                            @freetz

great work thanks man ,

can some maybe tell me why i cant get this working in VR ?

Mark70
                            Participant
                              @mark70

Awesome! What a fantastic looking and playing table!
                              It plays so authentically, and gives you the “just one more game” feeling at the end.
                              Great table choice! Thanks a lot for sharing!
                              Besten Dank!

dielated
                              Participant
                                @dielated

Wow, after a solid weekend of playing (my gf: “you’re still playing that same table?!”) I can say I think this sets a new gold standard for Vpinball recreations – everything is immaculate, incredibly detailed across the board, and not to mention the way it plays seems so close to the real thing – it’s truly stunning!

Thank you so much for your time and effort Knorr, we are blessed to have a rare talent like yours in this community! Hopefully after the thousands(?) of hours dissecting this game over the past year you can still find a way to enjoy it yourself !

Knorr
                                Participant
                                  @knorr
                                  vipContributor

Wow, after a solid weekend of playing (my gf: “you’re still playing that same table?!”) I can say I think this sets a new gold standard for Vpinball recreations – everything is immaculate, incredibly detailed across the board, and not to mention the way it plays seems so close to the real thing – it’s truly stunning!

Thank you so much for your time and effort Knorr, we are blessed to have a rare talent like yours in this community! Hopefully after the thousands(?) of hours dissecting this game over the past year you can still find a way to enjoy it yourself !

Of course I enjoy it a lot myself. I love the movie and the theme overall. It’s so stupid and awesome in the same way. My wife had to laugh when she saw me playing while i shouted along with the table: “kill ’em all!!!”

Edit:

Btw, they guys you really have to thank are teppotee and rosve who worked on the vp9 table. I never could play the real one so without them I would never know about it. And I also want to point out vinthar who owns the table and helped me so much while building….

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Knorr.
                                  1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  delta6014
                                  Participant
                                    @delta6014

My small flipper does not work. Can someone tell me how to remap it, or what it is mapped to, I have not been able to figure it out. Beautiful table BTW

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

Here it is mapped to the right magna save.

freetz
                                      Participant
                                        @freetz

cant start the table ,

did a fresch install of 10.6 took the beta cpoied it in the folder.

As soon as i start the table it loads a little and than vpx just close down or crushes

any ideas ?

kds70
                                        Participant
                                          @kds70

cant start the table ,

did a fresch install of 10.6 took the beta cpoied it in the folder.

As soon as i start the table it loads a little and than vpx just close down or crushes

any ideas ?

what about other tables? they shut down too?

you´ve checked the rom and scripts (in script folder only) are in place? b2s server updated & registered in table folder? VpinMame up to date?

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

freetz
                                          Participant
                                            @freetz

jap all working fine i mean all other tables

just this one get vpx to crash ,

i dont even get the table into vpx , i crash befor its loaded without any information

mame is up 2 date the rest too

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by freetz.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 157 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?