Reply To: Welcome to the new SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) forum.

DJRobX
    @djrobx
    MemberModerator

Just wanted to add some quick notes here about getting bass routing with EqualizerAPO.

I recommend the PeaceUI add-on to EqualizerAPO as it lets you input commands while still using the GUI for everything else, but these commands can be applied no matter which UI you’re using.

The correct way to do this depends on whether you’re using a sub shared off of the backglass (front/left) or if you are using the SUB channel.

For a sub shared on the front channels (a 2.1 system attached to L and R), I turn on the sub channel in the Windows config, and start by copying the exciter sounds to the SUB channel. Then I low-pass it at 150hz. Then in post-mix, I copy it back to the L+R channels:

Stage: pre-mix
    Copy: SUB=0.25*RL+0.25*RR+0.25*SL+0.25*SR
    Channel: SUB
    Filter 0: ON LP Fc 150 Hz

Stage: post-mix
    Copy: L=0.50*L+SUB
    Copy: R=0.50*R+SUB

** IMPORTANT **
    Turn the SUB channel ON in the windows speaker config even if you’re not using it. This gives us a channel where we can filter the sub-bass before mixing it back with L+R.

If you are using the actual SUB out, it’s similar but a little different. Now you need to mix the bass from L+R into the SUB as well, but you high-pass the L+R channels in post-mix:

Stage: pre-mix
    Copy: SUB=0.25*RL+0.25*RR+0.25*SL+0.25*SR+0.15*L+0.15*R
    Channel: SUB
    Filter 0: ON LP Fc 150 Hz

Stage: post-mix
    Channel: L R
    Filter 0: ON HP Fc 150 Hz

2 users thanked author for this post.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?