A question about file sizes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bha19
    Participant
      @bha19

So I download a table from this site and let’s call it table 1.0a. When I go to the other pinball site and download the same table why is it a different file size sometimes and the same sometimes?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

It might very well be that one site has a higher version than the other. I’ve seen a few cases where the author seems to prefer to release “beta” versions here, first. Can be a good strategy in that they know that their tables gets tested before uploading somewhere else. If there is something that needs to be fixed. Then of course it is easier to fix and update the table on one site and only when the machine seems to work as intended, updated it on the rest of the sites where it has already been uploaded. This is one of the reasons why I’m a fan of using version numbers for the tables file names.

Without it, you can’t really be sure, unless you read the table release threads or table change-log. I advice you to read both.

This question would fit much better in the support thread for the table in question – don’t you think ?

bha19
        Participant
          @bha19

If moderators want to move this thread fine, but this happens on more than 1 table. the latest was wheel version 1.0 a which seems to be the same. No big issue just a question.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?