Accept (Germany)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Rajo Joey
    Participant
      @joey2001

At last I found it. I set the bg of Algar to small a while ago and have a black B2s-wallpaper in the tablefolder. And at every start of the table this black picture lay in front of the bg. :wacko:
      Normaly it was behind the bg. After I disable small in the bg, everything is OK; even with Algar. :whistle:

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Ah :good:   Now, we should get @batch to change the table so that the nvram uses offset – proposed by @xenonph

1 user thanked author for this post.
        batch
        Participant
          @batch

Joey, glad to see everything’s ok for you now

Thalamus, what does “change the table so that the nvram uses offset” means exactly ?

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

It’s basically an instruction to PinMAME to create a new memory “chip” for the ROM file when this table calls the routine.

“NVOffset(2)” dropped into the Table_Init, before the Controller, should do it.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
            Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
            Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

batch
            Participant
              @batch

If I understand, as two different tables (Algar and Accept) use the same rom, to separate nvram files

I have to drop ““NVOffset(Accept)”  into the Table_Init, before the Controller in the script

Thalamus
                @thalamus

No, NVOffset(2). JPSalas made his ARFM with AFM rom – I don’t know why he put in 3 there, not important I guess as long as it is there. Xenonph made a lot of NFL tables using the same technique. The copy I’ve got has 27. Look at https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/blob/master/ARFM_1.2.0.vbs#L94 if your still not sure how to do this. Maybe we should poke @3rdaxis for his AI version of firepower. I’m sure there are other table mods as well that could benefit from this.

batch
                Participant
                  @batch

So, all I’ve to do is add “NVOffset(2)” to the script, like below, and the two tables will work with the same nvram file  ?

Sub Table1_Init()
                  vpmInit Me
                  With Controller
                  .GameName = cGameName
                  If Err Then MsgBox”Can’t start Game”&cGameName&vbNewLine&Err.Description:Exit Sub
                  .SplashInfoLine = “ACCEPT (Germany) Let there be Heavy Metal”
                  .HandleMechanics=0
                  .HandleKeyboard=0
                  .ShowDMDOnly=1
                  .ShowFrame=0
                  .ShowTitle=0
                  .Hidden=1
                  .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“sound”)=0
                  NVOffset(2)
                  On Error Resume Next
                  .Run GetPlayerHwnd
                  If Err Then MsgBox Err.Description
                  End With

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Should work, yes. Just try – reset nvram and play both. Only way I can get people to play Algar it seems ;)

batch
                    Participant
                      @batch

It doesn’t work, if your score is higher than 1.000.000 with table Accept, it’s the same with table Algar

And I imagine the opposite is the same, but I’m not able to do it with table Algar !

batch
                      Participant
                        @batch

Perhaps I found a solution, I did the following and it generated two different nvram files,

“algar_l1 v1.nv” and  “algar_l1 v2” and then I got separate scores

but, at first, I had to get a score higher than 1.000.000 on my table Accept

Can you try that and tell me ?

Algar script

Sub Table1_Init()
                        vpmInit Me
                        With Controller
                        .GameName = cGameName
                        NVOffset (2)

Accept script

Sub Table1_Init()
                        vpmInit Me
                        With Controller
                        .GameName = cGameName
                        NVOffset (3)

Jack
                        Participant
                          @breikers

Hi Guys, I really like Accept so thanks a lot for this table. But I do not seem to be able to start the table. The table starts, no sound and i cannot start a game. I am using 10.6 and have copied the sound files to the music folder. Any ideas ?

batch
                          Participant
                            @batch

1-Do you also use the last VPinMAME_32_beta ?

2-This table works with the rom “algar_l1”, so, they have the same nvram file

You can try to delete it and it will reset the table, then you’ll have to press the “f3” key after you open the table

(please note that it will erase your “Algar” highscore)

Jack
                            Participant
                              @breikers

1-Do you also use the last VPinMAME_32_beta ?

2-This table works with the rom “algar_l1”, so, they have the same nvram file

You can try to delete it and it will reset the table, then you’ll have to press the “f3” key after you open the table

(please note that it will erase your “Algar” highscore)

Hi Batch, thanks for you reply. Well I thought I had the latest, but apparantly not. I checked the Beta thread on vpuniverse for the latest version, and will try again. Would be nice to pin the latest version at the top of the thread.

Jack
                              Participant
                                @breikers

Apparantly the latest version is already pinned. My bad.

energumeno
                                Participant
                                  @energumeno

thanks for the work.acept was the first international show i saw when i have 15,16 years.was great and the guitar give me the  small plastic piece for play guitar(i not know whats his name in english)

batch
                                  Participant
                                    @batch

Energumeno, you’ve been lucky, and the small plastic piece is a “plectrum”

I saw them on the “Restless & Wild” tour

Jack, I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean by “is already pinned”

WinslowLeach
                                    Participant
                                      @winslowleach

This is fantastic! Not only am I a long-time ACCEPT fan, but I am also very close friends with Wolf and Gaby Hoffmann. I just sent them a short video of me playing the table so they could enjoy it as well.  To show that I’m not just blowing smoke, I’ll attach a pic of something they gave me in 2005. I think you’ll recognize it. :)

Fantastic work on the table! It combines two of my all-time favorite things! Have a great week!

Ed

mh-sidemh-case

The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

WinslowLeach:  Awesome collectible (and as a big fan of Rush kudos for your good taste)

batch
                                        Participant
                                          @batch

Thanks a lot, WinslowLeach, and very nice collectible (you’re a lucky man)

Do you know how many have been made ?

Hope Wolf Hoffmann like it, it would be a great honour for me !

Their first album I listened to was Restless & Wild and I saw them in Paris on this tour

This band really changed my life, and it’s a shame they are not at least as famous than Scorpions

WinslowLeach
                                          Participant
                                            @winslowleach

Hi Batch,

That’s not actually a collectible. They gave me THE Metal Heart. That is the model that was fabricated in Germany and appears on the album cover itself. It’s not a duplicate or anything. I had always told them that it was my dream to some day touch the actual Metal Heart. So, needless to say, I freaked out when they brought it back from Germany and actually gave it to me! I returned it to them in 2009 for good luck when I introduced them to producer Andy Sneap (a friend and also a huge Accept fan). Here’s a pic I took at that get together.

I was turned on to Accept in 1980 when I was 15. It was the Breaker album and I was hooked immediately. I was a drummer in a metal band here in the Tampa Bay, Florida area back in the day and I’ll never forget when Restless and Wild came out. I wore that album out! It was a great time for metal in this area. I remember watching Savatage (then Avatar) playing “Fast as a Shark” in a small, local club when I was 17. My own band, Siren, played so many Accept songs that we could have been a tribute band! :)

Speaking of my old band, we unexpectedly reunited a couple of years ago when we were asked to play a festival in Germany. We did the festival and it was amazing. We just finished a new album since we’re having so much fun. Here is a link to the first song that we just released if you want to hear how the Accept influence is still strong with me!

wolf-andy-heart

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?