Add delay to close script

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Psmiraglia
    Participant
      @psmiraglia

For certain emu/tables, I need to change the screen orientation to portrait, then back to landscape before returning to the FE. With popper, this, for the most part, works, with the exception that the wheel ends up showing in the backglass when returning from the emu. It seems to me that it is returning too fast. is it possible to add a delay to make sure the screens have reset to their proper positions before popper restarts ?

Setting DelayReturn=3000 did not help. 

To normalize popper, I have to restart it.

thanks

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

one quick item you can do… if you press ‘game select’ key (for game menu)… it does a quick ‘reposition’ if not properly position for this type of thing.

So if you notice the displays are out of ‘wack’ after returning… the game menu should repos it properly….

let me know

also:  there is a delay option in pupcloser.exe that i’ll have to dig up for you….

Psmiraglia
        Participant
          @psmiraglia

that does it. thanks!

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

For certain emu/tables, I need to change the screen orientation to portrait, then back to landscape before returning to the FE. With popper, this, for the most part, works, with the exception that the wheel ends up showing in the backglass when returning from the emu. It seems to me that it is returning too fast. is it possible to add a delay to make sure the screens have reset to their proper positions before popper restarts ?

Setting DelayReturn=3000 did not help.

To normalize popper, I have to restart it.

thanks

Don’t know if this will help…

This is what I used for PC Games that i launch in portrait…then when i exit the game MMT (multi-monitor tool) will switch back to portrait….and this combo of taskkill and pupcloser…in this specific order….seemed to work for me.

As for the wheelbar…yes sometimes it may not be perfect until you press select and popper will recenter everything.

Launch Scrip for PC Portrait Games:

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 1 1 1

timeout /t 5

start c:\zip\mmt\MultiMonitorTool.exe /LoadConfig “c:\zip\mmt\Portrait – 4K.cfg”

START /WAIT “” “[GAMEFULLNAME]”

Closing Script for my PC Portrait Games

taskkill /f /im “[custom1]”

start C:\zip\mmt\MultiMonitorTool.exe /LoadConfig “c:\zip\mmt\Pinball – 4K.cfg”

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “[CUSTOM1]” 1 1 1

For whatever reason that seemed to work for me in that specific order of having taskkill first of my PC Game [custom1], then switch to portrait…then pupcloser of the same Windows Title [custom1]. I originally had a timeout /t 2, but i found after it wasn’t needed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?