adding Accelerometer to my Cab

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kriven
    Participant
      @kriven

Hi all

hope safe with family at home

i wonder a simple question i’d a pincab configure on a basic USB JOYSTICK X1 Car (name on the board ) so simple emulation of joystick

as it’s fully setup i wonde rif it’s posible to add just a simple chip/board to this configuration to add accelerometer features to my cab.

i am looking for each card K25Z mostly but i fear i add to rewire all through this one and can’t act at // of my current setup.

thanks

YES I AM IN

Rawd
      Participant
        @rawd

You should be able to add the KL25Z to your current setup and use it only for Nudge.   I would suggest also getting a real tilt bob for tilt functionality, as it works much better than VP’s tilt code.

kriven
        Participant
          @kriven

thanks Rawd

so it’s mean i can have in // my current joystick and the KL25Z

YES I AM IN

Badazzwi
          Participant
            @badazzwi

If using the KL25Z with pinscape firmare it will be setup as a joystick.

From mjr build guide:

Remove other joysticks: Visual Pinball won’t work correctly for nudging if you have multiple joystick devices connected to your system. Some game controllers that don’t physically look like joysticks act like joysticks as far as VP is concerned, so if you’re having any problems getting nudge working, try disconnecting all USB game controllers apart from your nudge device.

Just so you are aware if you have multiple joysticks it may cause issue with nudge. Better to either use KL25Z button inputs or get a keyboard encoder such as an ipac.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Rawd
            Participant
              @rawd

Badazzwi has a point, but personally,  I’ve never had any issues with multiple devices.

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

My Nudge – setup  — https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33287&page=3#entry413493

Badazzwi
                Participant
                  @badazzwi

Im not sayin dont try it. It may work for you. I speak from my own experience as I had one of those joystick encoders for buttons along with KL25Z for nudge. I fought for awhile getting my nudge set right until i came across that info in mjr’s guide and also confirmed the issue with him. I switched out the joystick encoder for an ipac and that resolved my issues.

kriven
                  Participant
                    @kriven

Thanks guy for all comment

so Rawd you are running on same approach that the one i want to put in place?

YES I AM IN

Rawd
                    Participant
                      @rawd

Yeah, on my Stubby cab I am using a gamepad encoder for my buttons, and a KL25Z for nudge.   My gamepad encoder is used for digital inputs only.

kriven
                      Participant
                        @kriven

Great i’ve ordered the KL25Z and will go for it

any tips or feedback to properly setup i do believe it’s per feeling

are you happy with this config?

YES I AM IN

Badazzwi
                        Participant
                          @badazzwi

Read the nudge section in mjr’s guide. He gives good tips on setup.

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?sid=toc

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?