Addressable LED code question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    llyrric
    Participant
      @llyrric

I have been messing around with adding addressable LED effects to various tables.  Alot I have figured out with Terry’s spreadsheet and the DirectOutput Wiki site.

However, I am trying to figure out the code that makes the ball waiting to shoot effect.  Where you have a solid color underneath a smaller dash that moves back and forth within a certain area. It is represented by the following code example

W16 Green AT85 AH15 F200 ADU AS200 BLINK 1000 BPW20/W16 Green AT85 AH15 F200 ADD AS200 BLINK 1000 BPW20 W500/W16 Light_yellow L0 APCRed AL0 AW100 AT85 AH15

The first two commands are dealing with the color on the bottom and the last is the moving dash.  First, I don’t se any documentation on the “APCRed” piece, so I can’t quite figure out what it is.  It looks like that piece of the code should just light up like a flasher at the end of the strip.  Also I would have thought the 2nd color would be the one moving with the ADU and ADD commands, but that is not the case.  My guess is the second color shows through when the bottom color blinks out, but I am also stuck on how the timing works for the moving dash to hit the top of the area affected and then move back the other direction.  I know there are not alot of people messing with these, so hopefully one of the “few” can provide some insight. I’m trying to figure out how I can use some of these more advanced techniques to do different animation effects.

Timog2179
      Participant
        @timog2179

I’m bursting my brain with adding own mx effects for my setup (addressable led only around the backbox and 2 speaker rings) too, cause I’m forced to because the default effects are not fitting to this arrangement. APCred has something to do with the color of the plasma effect which is not documented in the official dof wiki. Google for “pinscape controller build guide” and search the table of content. At the bottom you will find a whole chapter about configuring dof. I took almost more information about this from this site than from the wiki. good luck!

ps: pay attention at the trigger condition option (w1=0 and w5=1 and w4=0 etc.). This option offers almost limitless ways to create effects for very special game events, i love this function. B-)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Timog2179.
        themotherbrain
        Participant
          @themotherbrain

Can’t help you but just wanted to say you did a slamming job on Metallica man! Keep up the great work!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?