Aliens

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Delta23
    Participant
      @delta23

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/aliens-topper-vid-for-aliens-1986/

a topper video for aliens

Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      makmak
      Participant
        @makmak

Looks really cool! Anyone doing a puppack for this? :scratch:

1 user thanked author for this post.
        The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

This looks pretty darn good, looking forward to trying it out later after work!

As a big fan of the movie, many thanks!  Some movies you can remember exactly what theatre you were in when you saw it and there are strong recollection with this one.  I still remember clearly sitting in the old Nelson theatre in Ottawa and my old boss leaning over to me as the remote drop ship crashed and sarcastically whisper to me “so when does the action start? Jesus..!”.  Although the first Terminator showed us his talent, this movie birthed the James Cameron we know today.

ivantba
          Participant
            @ivantba

What a fantastic board! Thanks! I love all Alien themed boards and this is one of the best now! After that, I wouldn’t dare finish my Alien Resurrection :)

TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Wow. Looks very cool.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Finally a mod of a table where there is not just a new background and sound. Looking forward to try this and thank you ! :good:

marie
                Participant
                  @marie

Looks great, eager trying this one out. Thanks for this fantastic looking table

Punch it, Bishop!

dustancrouch
                  Participant
                    @dustancrouch

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! One of my all time favorite movies!

mraaron
                    Participant
                      @mraaron

Looks beautiful!!

BeachBumTN
                      Participant
                        @beachbumtn

Great job, feels more like an entirely new table than a mod.  Impressive and thank you.

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

Game looks Great
                          What has to be added to the Table script so when you quit the game it turns the rom sound back on?

Siggi
                          Participant
                            @siggi

I think it’s:

Sub Table1_Exit():Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“sound”)=1:Controller.Stop:End Sub

What a wonderful table, The sounds are amazing. :good:

I’m very impressed. :rose:

outhere
                              @outhere
                              MemberContributorvipModerator

I think it’s:
                              Sub table1_Exit():Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("sound")=1:Controller.Stop:End Sub
                              What an amazing table. How you handle the sound managment is wonderful. :good:
                              I am very impressed. :rose:

I put it at the end of the script and it Worked like a charm Thank you
                              You may want to edit your post and mark it as code otherwise it will not work Because it screws these up "

makmak
                              Participant
                                @makmak

Now, after some balls, I have to admit: REALLY COOL !

I usually dont look at mods or remakes or such, but this is really nice! Must have been a lot of work. Atmosphere is great, I had goosebumps “Ripley, I am scared”. Thumps up! Thanks for sharing!

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

Alright gave it a good test run, here’s some thoughts.

First, this is more or less NOT a mod. It uses the sorcerer rom (which came out a year before the movie, nice touch) but it has changed the playfield substantially to the point aside from a few parts it’s a totally new game.  Secondly and this is very important to note, the changes are WELL DESIGNED!   The orbit is good and the ramp design fits in well.  Then to shock me even further, the sound queues were smartly included for parts of the table that really fit in well (for example, the motion detectors, every time the ball is in that area, I’m hearing what I should be hearing).  Aside from that, you got the music in and all the good quotes (and there are plenty from what I can hear therefore so far, nothing to get on my nerves).

The best compliment I can give you is after trying this out, now I gotta go hunt for other tables you worked on, so Soul Reaver is next.  Well done, take a frickin’ bow, you have talent sir!

The only areas that inspire some consideration for improvement:

• The very “Atari”ish bumper caps on a Williams type table, but I’m being picky here lol.  Yes I know that is the colonial marine symbol but like I said I’m picky! ;)
                                  •  The flippers, for some reason at times feel ok but at times feel weak for a ramp festered table.  Sometimes though comments like mine here need to be taken with a grain of salt. For example, what makes pinball so unique is when you go from table to table, you’ll have a different feel to the flippers.  This may just be me needing to spend more time with it so don’t let such a comment be deemed as overtly negative.

Bottom line, mod or not, this is a homerun for fans of the movie and a damn fine pinball game for fans of pinball.

Thanks!

Delta23
                                  Participant
                                    @delta23

Hi Loafer,

Thank you for your generous feedback.

Firstly, you need to know that I’m no expert, scripting unfortunately is not my “forte” but I’m picking up a few things here and there.

Trust me, if Siggi had not given me an insight into his Manowar table (how to use a switch), I would never have attempted any of this.

This is only my second mod and I’m glad it has accomplished what I was going for.

My main goal is always to capture the atmosphere of the theme, and to do that,  the theme needs to permeate throughout the table.

As you so carefully noted, the right sound in the right place or at the right time and so on – i.e. The Sentry guns under “The Main Complex area” hitting the bottom 3 “alien” targets “blindly” (just like the movie) with the monitoring screen, by the flippers, only lighting up when they are on. Its all in the details…

But I digress… on a different note, the bumpers were the last thing I added, and I struggled with the final decision. I only added them because they looked “pretty”.

On my original design they were green with a black Alien Facehugger stencil on them, but I just couldn’ get them to look right (on par with the rest of the table).

Also, during testing, the original flipper settings from JP seemed to do the job well so I did not adjust them, then again I’m not even sure if I could (I have no idea how to do it, but I’ll figure it out).

Now that the table is “out there”, all opinions will be taken on board. It is exactly what one needs when putting things together :)

Thank you once again for your very well structured and eloquently put feedback, I’ll take it all on board.

Cheers from down under mate

Delta23

Delta23
                                    Participant
                                      @delta23

Hi Siggi, thanks for jumping in with that one… I had no idea how to do it :)

andrej
                                      Participant
                                        @andros

Maybe with pup pack was much beter.

yinyan
                                        Participant
                                          @yinyan

very nice table

the attached directbs2 file though has the sorcerer image in the dmd section

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

Maybe with pup pack was much beter.

IF people like PUP packs then any table would be better with PUP packs.  What I like is that THIS table is plenty good as is, with no PUP pack.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?