AltMode bug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dopdahl
    Participant
      @dopdahl

Launch a table with an altmode.

Exit table

Pick another option for the same game (e.g.  QuickLaunch, Record Screen, etc)… Popper will launch the AltMode again instead of the selected option.

It seems that the only option that works correctly after an AltMode launch and exit, is if you drill back into the game and select ‘Play’.

Seems like AltMode launch internal flags or mode variables aren’t being cleared correctly after a table run in AltMode is closed.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

one man’s bug is another man’s feature.

It was by design that it doesn’t reset so that altmode can carry on in menu (it was more work than to just reset altmode)…. but it may not be perfect in all scenarios.

i guess in future i can put a custom option that will either reset always or keep.

dopdahl
        Participant
          @dopdahl

I see.

Hmmm.  Well.  I can think of as many alt modes where it would not be desirable to retain the mode as it would.

Maybe you can add a “persist” flag or a “cancel altmode” wheel.

In fact, since it’s effectively a toggle… the AltMode wheel should probably just change to a “Cancel Altmode” wheel.

Not a high priority.  I get it.  But if “Play” cancels the altmode, then “quicklaunch” should as well.

Just some thoughts.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by dopdahl.
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?