Attack From Mars (Bally 1995) VPX dB2SDT ColorDMD MOD v1.0

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    xenonph
    Participant
      @xenonph
      MemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=69330

THIS MOD IS FOR VPX DESKTOP USERS ONLY, CABINET USERS CAN DOWNLOAD THE ORIGINAL TABLE.

I first would like to thank Dozer316 for giving me permission to make this dB2SDT mod, and permission to showcase his dB2S backglasses. I would also like to thank him for making a great table and dB2S backglass!! I also would like to thank everyone who contributed to this table including JPSalas, Cyberpez, ICPJuggla, and Hauntfreaks!!
      They put in alot of time and work on the original table, and it is appreciated!! So if you like this mod, I would encourage you to thank the original author of the table, as I have only made a few changes!
      Check Original Table download page for more important info.

VPX TABLE by Dozer316…
      http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11665

DB2S BACKGLASS by Dozer316..
      http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7438

Each dB2SDT Mod will have ColorDMD coded into script.
      They also will have Instructions on left side of table and Logo.

THE METHOD I AM USING TO CONVERT THESE DESKTOP VERSION TABLES TO BE ABLE TO USE AND HAVE ON SAME SCREEN A WORKING TABLE AND WORKING DB2S BACKGLASS IS A METHOD I LEARNED FROM KAAN, SO I WANT TO THANK HIM VERY MUCH.
      THIS METHOD DOESN’T WORK WITH THE NEW CONTROLLER METHOD, SO THIS TABLE USES THE OLD CONTROLLER METHOD.

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE BACKGLASS AND TABLE AUTHORS WHO HAVE GIVEN ME PERMISSION TO MAKE THESE dB2S BACKGLASS MODS, SO I CAN SHOWCASE THERE MASTERPIECES IN THIS FORMAT.

I also would like to thank Steve “Slydog43” for which these VPX mods would not be possible!!

YOU WILL NEED THE dB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM INSTALLED FOR THIS TABLE TO WORK PROPERLY.
      I HAVE INCLUDED B2S Backglass Server 1.3.0.2 WITH DOWNLOAD AND INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO INSTALL IF NEEDED.

YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE “Disable B2S” UNCHECKED IN PREFERENCES..KEYS MENU, AS MOST VPX DESKTOP TABLE USERS WILL HAVE THIS CHECKMARKED.

YOU WILL NEED TO KEEP THESE 4 ITEMS IN SAME FOLDER FOR THESE TABLES TO WORK PROPERLY.

SCREENRES.TXT
      B2S.EXE
      PINBALL TABLE.VPX
      BACKGLASS.DB2S

SIMPLY START TABLE AS YOU WOULD ANY OTHER TABLE. THE DB2S BACKGLASS WILL AUTOMATICALLY STAY ON SCREEN.
      IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE A DIFFERENT BACKGLASS, SIMPLY NAME NEW BACKGLASS SAME AS TABLE NAME AND PUT IN SAME FOLDER AS TABLE.
      IF YOU USE 3 SCREEN BACKGLASSES THAT HAVE DMD, YOU CAN RIGHT CLICK ON A RUNNING BACKGLASS AND CHANGE IT TO HIDE GRILL, AS THESE 3 SCREEN VERSIONS WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY WITH THIS METHOD. ALSO ANY DB2S FILES THAT ARE REALLY LARGE WONT WORK WITH THIS METHOD AS IT TAKES TOO LONG FOR THE BACKGLASS TO LOAD.

IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH FLIPPERS STICKING, TRY RESTARTING TABLE AS THIS IS USUALLY DUE TO FIRST TIME PLAYING TABLE ON SYSTEM.

NOW YOU CAN EXPERIENCE THE FULL BACKGLASS IN ACTION, AS SEEN BY CABINET USERS, ON A DESKTOP VERSION TABLE!!!

All pics, trademarks, Logos and sounds belong to their respectful owners. This table is for personal home, and non-commercial use only. This table should be used for educational purposes only..

HOPE YOU ENJOY, AND REMEMBER TO THANK THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS OF THESE TABLES AND BACKGLASSES!!

4 users thanked author for this post.
      MrB
      Participant
        @brock101

Thanks For This Release :)

as a desktop user it’s appreciated.

Sadly this is what i get

Attachments:
        xenonph
        Participant
          @xenonph
          MemberContributor

That is weird.

Did you edit the screenres.txt that was in same folder?

You shouldn’t have to edit it.  But if it still looks same you can try to edit the numbers you see below in the screenres.txt

it should have these numbers…

380      <——tells backglass how wide to be…increase to make it wider
          390      <——tells backglass how tall to be…increase to make it taller

You shouldn’t be seeing that backglass so small. And you shouldn’t be seeing that TEXTBOX DMD behind it.

Does the ColorDMD pop up?

May I ask what your monitors screen resolution is set to?

And are any other Desktop users out there experiencing this same thing?

I sure hope not.

This table should look exactly like the screenshot I uploaded when you play it.

Let me know if this helps you. If not, I will try all I can to fix this for you.

MrB
          Participant
            @brock101

Thanks got it working.

i am running at 1920 x 1080

i went with.

Also enabled 4 color dmd.

only thing i can’t get to work is the dmd to stay positioned.

i have to move it into position every time i load the table.

other than that everything is good now, once again thanks.

Attachments:
            xenonph
            Participant
              @xenonph
              MemberContributor

Thank you for the info!!

If you look at the table script starting at LINE 156, you will see this..

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“dmd_pos_x”)=61  <—-add to this number to move dmd to right
              .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“dmd_pos_y”)=295  <—add to this number to move DMD down

this is what positions the DMD.

If you can tell me what numbers you change these to, to make them look like the screenshot I uploaded.

I can perhaps, add something in script that will change automatically for each persons screen resolution.

If not I can just upload mod with your settings, so people can choose which screen resolution fits there needs.

Thank you so much for this info!!

MrB
              Participant
                @brock101

Thank you for the dmd positioning information.

i went with.

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“dmd_pos_x”)=122
                .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“dmd_pos_y”)=416

once again thanks for these desktop releases :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                xenonph
                Participant
                  @xenonph
                  MemberContributor

I really want to thank you for this info!!

Can you show me a screenshot of how it looks for you now?

As soon as I see what your screenshot looks like, I will upload this modified version in case any others have same problem.

My problem is that I made all these dB2SDT Mod tables with a 720p monitor at resolution of 1360 x 768.

As you can see the  Instructions and Logo decals are placed correctly for you. But the DMD and the backglass seem to not sync up with the same resolution.

I either need to invest in a 1080p monitor, or find someone who has a 1080p monitor to help give me these setting numbers for the DMD and Backglass after they are moved to correct place.

I imagine the other VPX dB2SDT Mod Judge Dredd isn’t showing properly for you either?

Would you be willing to test Judge Dredd and do the same thing as you did for this table?

If not, would anyone out there with a 1080p monitor be interested in helping me get these 1080p adjustment numbers?

This means that all my VP9 dB2SDT mods have the same problem!!!

A big sorry to all those people who have 1080p monitor!!

I will get this remedied as soon as possible!!

Thank you for your time.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

I think you’re on the wrong track here xenonph. If it was easy to adjust for all different kind of setups, VP or db2s/dmd would have done this automatically already.

xenonph
                    Participant
                      @xenonph
                      MemberContributor

It seems VP automatically set the decals properly on backdrop, for his 1080p monitor, but not the dB2S backglass.

What would you suggest Thalamus?

Because what I am thinking, is once I get these settings from a person with 1080p monitor. Then everyone with 1080 monitor will have this same setting fixed.

Are these mods showing correctly for you Thalamus?

Do you have a 1080p monitor?

I just want these to show correctly for everyone.

Somehow, by me making these with 720p monitor, they aren’t showing correctly obviously, or being automatically set by VP, for 1080p users.

(As described above by MrB.)

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Ok. Put it this way. I have a 4k monitor at work. There I split monitor into 4 different 1080p surfaces. What are you going to do about that ? Ok, doubt that anyone has that as a backglass, but, it is a valid example.

What about those that still have still square monitors ? … 16:10, 16:9 – future formats ?

Full-screen vs Non fullscreen – full resolution vs custom .. using the extra paramters for the db2s ( square mode ) you have more than a few options here :wacko:

What you need to do is to make people understand how to adjust themselves. You will be occupied for the rest of your life explaining it again and again for people that just want to play.

xenonph
                        Participant
                          @xenonph
                          MemberContributor

I understand now my friend.

I didn’t think of that.

It automatically adjusts for the decals, but not the DMD or the Backglass.

What do you suggest I do?

I could include instructions with download on how to adjust the size of backglass with the screenres.txt, and how to move the DMD by editting numbers in table script. But I am sure there are alot of beginners who won’t know how to do this. (And I don’t want people to have to adjust something for table to work properly for them.)

Or maybe these will be the only 2 VPX dB2SDT mods I upload to public, as I don’t want to upload something that isn’t working for everyone.

Thanks for the info Thalamus!!

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

Have a look around this site. Randr have made it possible to write projects and wiki articles. I feel that VP is lacking a bit on the documentation side. What you have done is known for some, but absolutely new to others so maybe it would be a good idea to explain how to adjust these mods. And even better, how you made them in the first place. That would be really useful in the long run. It would also help you a lot if you continue on this path. The only problem is maybe that some admin on some site doesn’t like that we share links to useful articles elsewhere than his domain.

xenonph
                            Participant
                              @xenonph
                              MemberContributor

I actually wrote a tutorial on this very subject here…

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32515

If you look in some of the posts below this tutorial, you will see exactly how I got this to method to work with kaans info.

EDIT:

Perhaps I can make an upgraded tutorial and post here!! I wrote that tutorial a long time ago.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Well, then put a readme.txt with a link to the article in the table archives from now on so people who want to use it can by following your guide. I believe that you still should consider a write-up here. It is much easier to add pictures and get it to look ok. But, I leave that all up to you.

xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

I was just editting post above when you wrote yours!! lol

Sounds like a great idea!!

MrB
                                  Participant
                                    @brock101

Hi xenonph.

The image you asked to see is in post #69372 in this thread :)

maybe you could have try this.

inside of your archive have a 720p & 1080p folder both with screenres.txt inside

each screenres.txt having appropriate settings for the two different resolutions of the downloaders monitor.

all i did to change the settings was.

Use your original 380 & 390 and added 40% with windows calculator and it gave me 532 & 546 which i them used.

i kept the percentage the same on both width and height in order to keep the same ratio you used.

BTW i just tried the same 40% on your judge dread table and it worked out fine.

of coarse 442 + 40% = 618.8 but i just rounded it up to 619 i don’t think anyone would notice .2mm

so on JD i went 442 +40% = 618.8 (619) / 400 + 40% = 560

so maybe you could just use your original b2s settings and add 40% and they should be good for 1080p users.

or even easier for yourself, just mention the 40% addition in your readme.txt and let them edit there own screenres.txt

now the dmd is another thing :)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?