Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dazzlaa
    Participant
      @dazzlaa

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=98232

Hey guys,

Firstly, I want to make it clear that this is my first venture into table creation. 99.9%of the work here has to be credited to the previous authors of this table but I have been given permission to share my changes as an update. Thanks to Thalamus, 85Vett,  Freneticamnesic for the original work and also the wider community for offering advice on script issues and how to move forward (Xenonph, Terry Red, Did Crabtree,Rob Ross and special mention to G5k for the ball :) ).

I really wanted to add in the OST music to the table at start up and that was my original aim with this mod, however once I started digging deeper into VPX I found I quite enjoyed tinkering, making changes, making mistakes but hopefully some improvements.

It plays well and hopefully you will like the subtle differences I have made. :)

Thanks again

Daz.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Great stuff. Interesting timing on this.

We were talking in the other thread about possibly adding in OST music to the table and how to do it.

Since this is a SAM table you can’t use Pinsound. Your only option was to try to replace the original sounds and music using Pinball Browser (you can’t turn down or disable just the music with SAM using just VPX or pinmame). The only problem there is that you are limited to the same time length for the sounds, and also crappy mono 22000Hz sound.

Well I’ve been working away at my Transformers PuP-Pack, and that conversation led me to try something I always wanted to try. Replacing all the music with OST music similar to the FP version. So how to do this?

I used Pinball Browser to “mute” all the music tracks in the game’s rom. Then I used my PuP-Pack to play OST music for every track in the game. Completely controlled by using the PuPCapture images for starting a game, starting different modes, ending different modes and going back to the main music, etc.. It works PERFECT and sound amazing. I can’t go back to the original music anymore.

This is obviously limited by the table itself and what it shows during gameplay to do the controlling of the music. In the case of Stern they do a great job of this and most of the SAM tables would be similar.

My plan was to release Transformers PuP-Pack (still working on it) with the “option” of using my modded “muted” rom and the “option” of using OST music. Its also possible to have a music only PuP-Pack.

I planned on doing the music for all other movie based Stern games where possible as well using PuP-Packs. Since Tron and Avatar already have a PuP-Pack…half the work is already done.

I hope this is good news for you, as it can do more of what you wanted to do with the music.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

A bit surprised to see that you put f32b almost in the mid of the pf. I think you would do better to replace it with something else if you didn’t like the way it was. Or maybe you’ve done it by mistake ? Except for that. I find that it plays good. Makes me wonder if I maybe shouldn’t continue on 1.13 that I’ve had laying here for a year now :)

Micronaut
          Participant
            @micronaut

fantastic. :good:

it`s see,play and listen great.
            thanks for this excellent work.  :bye:

sirknockie
            Participant
              @sirknockie

Got an error on starting:

d3derr_invalidcall (0x8876086c:Invalid call) at RenderDevice.cpp:854

all other Tables works fine !

some ideas ?

Greets

Jochen

Pinbolt
              Participant
                @pinbolt

Wow, work and played perfect. Change the inclination to 50 and it looks much better in the DT view.

Thank you for the Mod.

dazzlaa
                Participant
                  @dazzlaa

That sounds great Terry, it definitely sounds like it’s going to be something special!
                  The one thing that got me when doing the Avatar rom sounds was the sheer amount of audio files contained in the rom, like thousands and none were named apart from script names. That made it very time consuming so if you need help along the way I’d be happy to help out. ?

Ill check up up on that Thalamus, it’s most definitely not intentional haha, 100% noob here :)

i think you should get back to the new update for sure, continuous improvements are good for everyone in my opinion. I did find a great 3D model of the amp suit online for download but wasn’t sure how to implement that, could be an option for the future perhaps?

sorry sirknocky, I’m not familiar with that error, sounds like a rom error perhaps? Did you try the new rom?

thanks again

Daz :good:

giovanni1966
                  Participant
                    @giovanni1966

Thank you for the mod. Very good improvement of the playability and beautiful light effects.

Once you have disabled the Siegfried and Roy- music, the table is a dream.

Why is the rubber thickness of the flippers different?

:good:

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

I would be very interested in a new amp-suit model for sure !

sirknockie
                      Participant
                        @sirknockie

Thank you Daz,

yes used the rom which was in the package.

I look further…

thank you !

Greets

Jochen

STAT
                        Participant
                          @stefanaustria
                          MemberContributor

Nice Version :good: , i changed Phys a bit, try it and let me know …

Attachments:
                          2 users thanked author for this post.
                          Pinbolt
                          Participant
                            @pinbolt

Press F1  and check “ignore rom crc error” and start the table again

Bob Albright
                            Participant
                              @bobalbright

nice mod–plays very well—thank you

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

whitey
                              Participant
                                @whitey420

@PinFan45 – You ever get this sorted out? I’m having the same issue. Rom will not load up for me, totally lost on why.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?