Backglass configuration issue with portrait TV

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by matd.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    matd
    Participant
      @matiou

So… I have a little backglass configuration issue with PinUp…

My cabinet is using a TV in portrait mode as a BG (only partially visible, 1080×1320, the rest being hidden inside the cabinet body). I use different settings with b2s/dmd to get good looking BG. EM tables can be full size, that’s what looks the best with this cab. For other tables, DMD can be bigger or smaller, fake speakers are present or not, some times I need black bars at the top and bottom to respect aspect ratio etc… see example pics below.

Now, when it comes to PinUp, I defined the BG as being the full screen size (1080×1320), which works great with most tables and allows me to record good BG videos. However, problems come with PinPlayer tables (Stranger Things), the aspect ratio is of course all messed up because the BG of the game is obviously not designed to be displayed in 1080×1320. I would need the BG to be only 1080×640, centered, to respect the ratio (I would display the topper above it, and the DMD under it, see pic below)

Long story short: I would need different PinUpDisplay screen settings for these special PinPlayer tables… how to do this? I could write a little SQL script launched with the table, but is it the best way ?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

i think there’s an easy solution….

in stranger things script you need to find section that has these lines

PuPlayer.SetScreenex pBackglass,0,0,0,0,0

the first 4 numbers you will want to hardcode for your setup;

PuPlayer.SetScreenex pBackglass,xpos,ypos,width,height,0     <== leave last one zero

you can do that for the other screens too…

don’t think anyones used it before for that…let me know.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        matd
        Participant
          @matiou

Yep… It worked! Easy… Thank you so much!

The “record backglass” function is even working well for me (recording the full area, instead of recording only the actual backglass window), which is the behavior I needed… Excellent.

matd
          Participant
            @matiou

Hello… It’s me again :) with the exact same issue but this time with the new Tron pack from Terry. I could not figure on my own an easy update in the script… a location to “hardcode” the position and size of the backglass like I was able to do with ST… Any idea ?

Thanks, Mat.

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

Hello… It’s me again :) with the exact same issue but this time with the new Tron pack from Terry. I could not figure on my own an easy update in the script… a location to “hardcode” the position and size of the backglass like I was able to do with ST… Any idea ? Thanks, Mat.

hmmm… i don’t think you’ll be successful with the tron tables…ST was script and was just one screen (bg).  this is a WHOLE different ballgame.

but if you want to try and hack at it… i doubt it will work..  try this method we use to ‘disable’ screens after b2s starts up  (obvioulsy you only want the setscreenx..not the hides)

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-to-have-a-table-be-able-to-use-pup-and-not-use-it/

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

Hello… It’s me again :) with the exact same issue but this time with the new Tron pack from Terry. I could not figure on my own an easy update in the script… a location to “hardcode” the position and size of the backglass like I was able to do with ST… Any idea ? Thanks, Mat.

hmmm… i don’t think you’ll be successful with the tron tables…ST was script and was just one screen (bg). this is a WHOLE different ballgame.

but if you want to try and hack at it… i doubt it will work.. try this method we use to ‘disable’ screens after b2s starts up (obvioulsy you only want the setscreenx..not the hides)

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-to-have-a-table-be-able-to-use-pup-and-not-use-it/

I gave him what he needed to try with CustomPos in the PuP-Pack with the Max Pack….  “should” work fine for his setup.

matd
                Participant
                  @matiou

Yep, can confirm, “custompos” is working pretty well for my setup! Thanks to both of you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?