Background music while choosing tables

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    timblo
    Participant
      @timblo

Sorry for my bad english

Have a question about PinUp Popper music while I am in the Visual Pinball folder and choose between the tables back and forth. I have a music file here which is about 70 minutes. When I choose a table, the music file is ended. As soon as I leave the table and return to the table selection menu, PinUp Popper launches the 70-minute music event from the beginning. If you can set the Pooer so that Popper pauses the music file and if I select tables again, the music file will continue to play.

PinballX did that, but I do not want to use it because it was bad for me

I did not really want any sound / music of the tables while I was switching back and forth between them.

thanks for answers

Best regards

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

in next version 1.4 you’ll be able to do this easily with default table audio by playlist.

timblo
        Participant
          @timblo

cool – thanks :good:

timblo
          Participant
            @timblo

Hello – I currently have the version 1.4.2

how do I set it, what I like in my first question in this post that my 60 min long music file starts once and pauses when I choose a VP10 table …. then it keeps running when I choose between the tables. Currently PinUp Popper starts the music file again and again from the beginning, when I’m in the table selection

my question about it :mail:

I’m in the Visual Pinball 10 folder and pick out the next table, it plays a 60 min long piece of music (cool music) …

as soon as I select a table pauses the> piece of music z.b. at time 1:20 min / sec.

when I leave the table again PinUp Popper continues the piece of music at 1:21 min / sec

is that possible ??? because currently Popper starts again at 0:00 min / sec – so from the beginning :unsure:   :bye:

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

no,  it doesn’t support it exactly like you wanted.  you could use a workaround to play an always on-background, but that will mix with any audio you have on your tables.

smellar
              Participant
                @smellar

I’m also interested in how this might be done – I’m not worried about the ability to resume a file from where it left off like timblo was asking for, but it would be great to have music that plays while Popper is visible, then stops when you start a table, then starts again when you close the table.

Nailbuster first mentioned that this could be done with “default table audio by playlist”.  Not sure what was meant by that, but I tried dragging an MP3 to the “Audio” square of the Home playlist in Media Manager.  I assumed this would play the track when Popper starts and shows the initial Home screen, but nothing plays so maybe that’s not what was meant.

The second suggestion was to “play an always on-background”.  Again I’m not really sure what it meant by this … is this about making an addition screen in the “PinUpMenu” PuP Pack to play music or something like that?

I wish I understood PinUp better so I wouldn’t feel such a dolt trying to customise it because it has so much potential and I’m sure I don’t use half of it! :D

LynnInDenver
                Participant
                  @lynnindenver

You’ll need to set it to not hide the “Music/Audio” screen so that it’ll actually play. I found out about this setting up a PostDMD front end video on our cab, once I set that to showing, the “table is now loading” audio sound bite becomes active.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                  Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                  Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

smellar
                  Participant
                    @smellar

Thank you @LynnInDenver.   However my “Music” screen (screen 4) is already set to “Show”, and the audio does play for when a table loads, so I don’t think it’s that setting in this instance. :/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?