BAM support in VP10 possibility? According to Rav…Yes!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paulo Carvalho
    Participant
      @paulohotline

How cool would this be in VP10? On a scale of 1 to 10 pinheads, I would say 10!

http://ravarcade.pl/?en_interview-with-ravarcade-plans-for-bam,71

2.. Are you considering implementing !!! BAM !!! in Visual Pinball? (There seems to be a
      rumour to this effect)

Ravarcade “Yes and no. ”

Gimli: “How cryptic”

Ravarcade: “No, I will not work directly on VP. VP already has better programmers than me
      … and Yes because VP10 will use “asymmetric frustum”. From this it is only small step needed to have a BAM-like-experience.
      I plan to convert BAM to a “head-tracker” plugin like FreeTrack. BAM will work independent of FP and could serve player coords to other programs.
      This way VP can use head-tracking without worrying about all the hardware/software.
      In this way it should work with UP (only if authors want).

…also Randr has already made 200 PS3Eye BAM-kits. So I have at least 200 users, who bought hardware. I t would be a shame to leave all those people without support.”

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
      http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
      "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Paulo Carvalho
      Participant
        @paulohotline

Hey VP10 developers, can you see Rav’s response below. I thought you guys were using mostly 3D objects in your new VP10 builds. Feel free to join the conversation with Rav at the link below. Lets get him working on a VP10 release of BAM. I think he wants to do it :)

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3249&start=1490

Hello Rav, can BAM be modified to work with VP10? It would be cool to use this dual PS3 eye setup with VP10 in some manner to play around with viewing angles etc. Thanks for your amazing work!

@askpaulo:
        It depends on VP devs (and table creators). Because table-devs still use 2D objects, BAM/Head tracking is useless for VP.

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
        http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
        "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Until vp is 100% 3D application I just don’t see this happening. Maybe vp11 huh?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

toxie
          Participant
            @toxie
            VP DEVMember

i was already in contact with rav a long time ago, but as randr pointed out (although its not the full issue), the problem is that VP is not fully dynamic rendered currently (to get more performance on low/mid range PCs), so its perfectly possible in theory, but in practice not (yet).

fuzzel
            Participant
              @fuzzel
              VP DEV

Until vp is 100% 3D application I just don’t see this happening. Maybe vp11 huh?

VP is a 100% 3D application. What it misses is a dynamic camera movement while playing. And the reason for that is what Toxie already said, VP isn’t completely dynamic (read all elements aren’t rendered each frame). We could change that very easily but you could only play tables if you have a really high end card in your cab. And the reason for that is that the tables have to be built completely different (combining as much meshes as possible and use just a few textures/materials for joined meshes) and ofcourse more optimization to the graphics engine. So it’s a mixture of table building and coding that prevent BAM support.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

As im not a dev i know VP “is” 3d but i now understand better. You devs are really the best. support is just amazing! thanks guys for VP10! truly a great piece of software

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

fuzzel
                Participant
                  @fuzzel
                  VP DEV

Thanks randr. And yes VP is a great software because of so many talented guys doing tables for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?