Bass Speaker for SSF

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mazzaneo
    Participant
      @mazzaneo

Hello all,

So I am buying all the parts I need for my audio setup, this is what I am planning.

Already Purchased:-

1 x Harman Kardon Soundsticks III 2.1 Speaker system (main speakers front and sub)

In Shopping cart:-

2 x LP-838 2.0 Amps

4 x Dayton Audio DAEX58FP Exciters

1 x CSL – USB 7.1 external sound card 8-channel – 7.1 Channel USB Soundbox (no space for internal solution on MB) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HM5KP5A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=AEB9F56C3A3O6&psc=1

2 simple questions… is this enough for effective SSF and would my front bass driver feed bass to all exciters too?

Thanks in advance

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

It is always a hard to answer these kind of questions. I’ve only built one virtual pinball machine and therefore I don’t have all the experience in the world to know if what you bought is good or not. It looks to be. For backbox and sub I’ve to the set from Virtuapin, and I’m very happy with those. Believe you’ve got the same exciters as me, without actually looking them up. Picture looks the same.

mazzaneo
        Participant
          @mazzaneo

So there’s no need for sub woofers for the exciters, all bass comes from front sub woofer. Is that correct?

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

My sub is placed approx in the middle of the cabinet, pointing down through a hole. I’ve heard that some have made a box around it. I obviously haven’t.

Sixtoe
            Participant
              @kiella

Certain subwoofers require enclosures, some require ports, but to be honest what they’re used for in SSF isn’t “HiFi” controlled bass, it’s smashing around and moving the cabinet, so it doesn’t really matter. The only real benefit using an enclosure is (apart from a minor bump in sound quality if it’s designed for one) is that it’s protected from things falling into the back of the cone inside the cabinet, like screws which are then impossible to retrieve due to the bloody huge magnet ;)
              In the case of the audio setup in question, I’d want to bolt that sub down so it moves the cabinet, not moves inside the cab, and I’m not sure you can with that sub design…
              You can use software to redirect all the machines bass to the sub and it should work OK, it’s hard to say with any certainty because it depends on if you’re using SSF to supliment contactors or the only feedback device? If they’re the only feedback device just see how you get on, if you need more oomph down the line you can just pipe another sub in specifically for the SSF.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?