Batman Dark Knight-2 Screen Version

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    PEandS1Ws
    Participant
      @peands1ws

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=204804

This updates the Batman Dark Knight PuP Pack and allows 2 screen users to have a full DMD and Topper without blocking any video or overlay. ***This is only for 2 screen users-Backglass/Playfield***

A huge thanks to trochjochel for his original PUP Pack and allowing me to release this conversion. This conversion uses POSCustom changes so the original pack has not been changed.

You must download the original Pup Pack here first:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/batman-the-dark-knight-puppack-3-screensbgtopper/

Original Speaker grille template by Mltshiba

Thank you to Nailbuster for PinUp Player/Popper and Terry Red for his advice and guidance on using the POSCustom option for screen placement and for his work to update this Pup Pack.

The .mp4 file is not needed for the conversion. It is my backglass video in Popper.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Gramps
      Participant
        @gramps

Unlike all your other 2 Screen versions, the dmd isn’t showing up at the bottom.  It’s just a while box.  Any suggestions?

PEandS1Ws
        Participant
          @peands1ws

Unlike all your other 2 Screen versions, the dmd isn’t showing up at the bottom. It’s just a while box. Any suggestions?

Hmmmmm. This speaker grille is the same as my others. It has a transparent area for DMD placement. I use freezydmd 1.8 and just had to resize my dmd and place it in the DMD area right click and save position. I have attached the speaker grille .png. I exported it from my image editor again. Be sure to rename it as Batman Speaker Grille in the PupOverlay folder and delete the old one.

Attachments:
          Gramps
          Participant
            @gramps

It’s OK once I drag and lock dmd in the right place.  Until I did that, the white area was actually a transparent space that showed whatever was under it on my screen.  All the other ones had a black space.

I do have another question that maybe you can answer.  There are always 2 dmds in the top left area of my screen.  They are on top of each other.  The one on the bottom is static and I’m assuming came with the table.  The other is on top of the static one and is movable and resizable.  I’m dragging the top one into the space for it on the second screen for your 2 screen setups.  The static one remains.  Is there a way to get rid of that in the scripts or somewhere else?

PEandS1Ws
            Participant
              @peands1ws

@gramps when you start the table hit F1. This will bring up the rom settings. It will look something like this. Uncheck Show DMD/Display window box. Close the table and restart the table. Now only your freezydmd should show. You can do this on a per table basis or set it universal.

Td8g7bfsnn9dlwowqu2oj4huegjw5ywm2

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Gramps
              Participant
                @gramps

Thanks PEandSWls.  I’ve been at this about 7 month now and have gone through Terry’s setup tutorials at least 7 times – installing, reinstalling, always learning.  There was a time, and still is sometimes, that I didn’t even know what to ask. There’s so much to it.  I appreciate your help.

Gramps
                Participant
                  @gramps

@gramps when you start the table hit F1. This will bring up the rom settings. It will look something like this. Uncheck Show DMD/Display window box. Close the table and restart the table. Now only your freezydmd should show. You can do this on a per table basis or set it universal.

So far, none of the tables have the DMD/Display window box checked.

Just to be sure I’m doing all this right.  I’m copying over your files to the original pup pack file, firing up the table and then dragging the dmd (the one with the resize grip in lower left corner) over to your dmd area, right clicking on that dmd and saving the location to that position).

At this point I still have the stationary dmd (in upper left corner of the playfield monitor) that can’t be moved.  I’m assuming that’s the one that I positioned using PuUpPlayer Config Displays bat file but I don’t know that for a fact and it’s that one I want to get rid of for that specific table.

Question 2:  How do you do a screen grab and resize it so that it can be uploaded here as an attachment.  I’ve tried taking a screen shot with my iPhone and downloading it to my computer and adjusting it with Photoshop, but I can’t ever seem to get the size right.

Thanks for all your help.

PEandS1Ws
                  Participant
                    @peands1ws

@gramps,

Just to be sure I’m doing all this right.  I’m copying over your files to the original pup pack file, firing up the table and then dragging the dmd (the one with the resize grip in lower left corner) over to your dmd area, right clicking on that dmd and saving the location to that position).

Yes. This PuP Pack requires the muted rom which is included in the original PuP Pack download. If you want a PuP version and a regular b2s version of the table like I do use rom bdk_260 for your b2s (Standard backglass) table. Be sure to change the gamename=”bdk_294″ to “bdk_260” in the script.  

At this point I still have the stationary dmd (in upper left corner of the playfield monitor) that can’t be moved.  I’m assuming that’s the one that I positioned using PuUpPlayer Config Displays bat file but I don’t know that for a fact and it’s that one I want to get rid of for that specific table.

Load the table and hit F1. The Image should like identical to this. (This is my bdk_294 rom settings). That original DMD should go away once you uncheck Show DMD/Display Window. If it does not then you have VpinMame configured incorrectly or other issues. 

IMG_4436

Question 2:  How do you do a screen grab and resize it so that it can be uploaded here as an attachment.  I’ve tried taking a screen shot with my iPhone and downloading it to my computer and adjusting it with Photoshop, but I can’t ever seem to get the size right.

In posts like these I just insert the image using the tool bar above. Last icon on the right when you hover over it it will say “Insert Picture”. Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 12.55.45 PM

You can also use the Choose File option at the bottom which allows file sizes up to 48mb

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 1.08.11 PM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?