Best table to test LEDs and Matrix?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    scampa123
    Participant
      @scampa123

Is there a particular table that can be used to test leds running along the side of playfield and led matrix?

im pretty sure it is working correctly, but it would be great to have a particular table and video to verify it is working the way it should.

the DOF Test Table I found mainly focuses on shaker, and other toys…I want to mainly test the LEDs….

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thank you

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

You could test jaws vpx version no pup needed or stranger things if you use pup packs

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        scampa123
        Participant
          @scampa123

@randr I actually did try it with Jaws and it seemed like it was working but I have nothing to compare it to, to see if it’s actually doing all it’s supposed to.  I’ll check to see if TerryRed has a video of Jaws with the leds running.

i used Major Frenchys video to configure them with DOF Config, and while it does seem to work I’m just looking for some comparisons….

thx again

Mike DA Spike
          Participant
            @mikedaspike

For texts on the matrix I used “The Getaway: High Speed II”.

I have a 48×8 matrix and noticed that the texts where not showing fine. The font that is used is 7 pixels height, so make sense that on a 8 leds height it didnt show fine. It looks like it has some shadows.

I modified the DirectOutputShapes.png and directoutputshapes.xml to a 8 fonts height

Original files (see the extra not completly filled leds)

20191123_130412

Modified one :

20191205_065510

scampa123
            Participant
              @scampa123
              This was a good tip, even if I’m not “there” yet….It’s good to know you can adjust this stuff that way!  Thanks for sharing.  I’ll have to take a look at that file!

For texts on the matrix I used “The Getaway: High Speed II”.

I have a 48×8 matrix and noticed that the texts where not showing fine. The font that is used is 7 pixels height, so make sense that on a 8 leds height it didnt show fine. It looks like it has some shadows.

I modified the DirectOutputShapes.png and directoutputshapes.xml to a 8 fonts height

Original files (see the extra not completly filled leds)

20191123_130412

Modified one :

20191205_065510

chicagobears1977
              Participant
                @chicagobears1977

For texts on the matrix I used “The Getaway: High Speed II”. I have a 48×8 matrix and noticed that the texts where not showing fine. The font that is used is 7 pixels height, so make sense that on a 8 leds height it didnt show fine. It looks like it has some shadows. I modified the DirectOutputShapes.png and directoutputshapes.xml to a 8 fonts height Original files (see the extra not completly filled leds)

Does anyone know how to change to a 8 font height? I have the exact same issue.

Mike,

Can you share your files?

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?