Big Buck Hunter

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

as always find the bugs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2mqc92n4d0mef0/Big%20Buck%20Hunter%20Pro%20%28Stern%202009%29.vpx?dl=0

I would like to replace everything in Layer 8 with better quality resources. If anyone has any access to them let me know.

I replaced the cow image with a generic 3D model.

I did not take the time to learn how 85vettes code for the  Elk Diverter works,  all I know that the same can be done with less lines of code. Hopefully everything works.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

4 users thanked author for this post.
      HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

THATS WHAT I’M F**KIN’ ABOUT!!     thanks!!

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Excited to try this. A very underrated Stern in my opinion.

Pookamoondo
          Participant
            @pookamoondo

I love this table, but I am seeing an issue at my end.  When I start the table the deer moves across the table to test, but after that, I cant get it to move when playing.  The sounds say its out there, but it refuses to move.  Not sure why.  I am using the latest VPX 10.3 and Sam build of VpinMAME 2.9….   Do you have any suggestions on how to get this working?  Keep up the good work :)

Scooby
            Participant
              @scooby

Thanks for working on this fun table, 32.  Like Pookamoondo mentioned, I’m also not seeing the deer move during game play.  A few other items I noticed:

The ball seems to constantly hit bumpers when dropping from ball launch, sometimes for 10 seconds.

Ball is easily is trapped with flippers (maybe too easily trapped?)

Flippers feel much different than in other tables, including the pm5 version of the table. For example, the ball doesn’t bounce much at all when hitting the flippers.  After hitting the slingshots, the ball hits flippers and just goes down center drain, instead of bouncing a little bit.

Thanks again and I’m looking forward to following this table.

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

I’m going  to take a look at the deer code,  I did a copy and past assumed it would work since its rom controlled.

to do

-reduce bumper strength

if you have flipper physics suggestions let me know,  I use the flippers from the default table.

ALDiode
                Participant
                  @aldiode

Thanks for another great table for VPX. Like Pookamoondo and Scooby, my buck does not move when it is supposed to. Additionally, I noticed that the pin is always up and blocking entrance to the bird hole and the Elk gate is always open. I deleted my NVRAM to see if that would help to no avail. When trying the Physmod version, I do not experience any of these troubles.

Thanks Again!

AL

gtxjoe
                  Participant
                    @gtxjoe

I did the buck  scripting on this table. We couldn’t figure out how the buck motor solenoid works, so the buck code actually monitors for the blinking shotgun shell insert and moved the buck to the blinking insert.  To get it working again on this table,  add this code to the lamptimer_timer subroutine, line 600

‘Track Buck Lamp Location
                    BuckTrackBuckLamps chgLamp(ii,0), chgLamp(ii,1)

Also in the Table->Collection Manager, you have to fix the buck wall order  to be walls 1 through 31

Or someone can try to figure out how the buck motor really works

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    32assassin
                    Participant
                      @32assassin

I was wondering why the solenoid motor was commented out

I added your code to line 671, corrected the order in the collection and we have buck movement.

fixed ball getting stuck in bumpers

I reduced the bumper force to 5,  but I think the problem was with Rubber26, (elasticity was reduced from 8 to 3)

I reshaped the flipper guide walls,  but did not change the physics of the flippers.

same link as above.

hey Joe would you be interested in updating the animation code  for the dark knight,  I been building primitives for the table, the Batramp and joker toy code will not work

on the VPX version.

I still have allot to do, but the code has been stripped and it can be rebuild with the new primitives.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v293ekqxu5fhjhy/Batman%20%28The%20Dark%20Knight%29%20%28Stern%202009%29.zip?dl=0

Loserman76
                      Participant
                        @loserman76
                        vipMemberContributor

Tried out the new  version, but 2 separate games the  ball got “stuck” hitting 2 bumpers over and over until I nudged it hard enough to tilt. So I think the bumper strength still needs a little more tweaking.

Nice to see buck moving now too.

Enjoying all these new VPX’s – thank you and the other VPX authors out there.

-LM

32assassin
                        Participant
                          @32assassin

the problem is with the rubber,  not the bumpers.

HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT BUTTON!!!! if you don’t hold the shift button you will select all the rubbers and mess up the rubber physics.

sect the rubber   next to the lower bumper and reduce the elasticity to 1 or less.

and add this

BUpPost.IsDropped = 1

to line 193,  this will initiate the table with the bird post down

I will not be updating this for a while since I got some ridiculously HQ plastic scans and I plan to replace all the plastic primitives.

I rebuilt the Pappys primitives but still have a few more to go.

I also got the apron primitive from the ACDC tables,   but I need a HQ instruction card,  if anyone has one let me know I can’t seem to find one.

I don’t want to use the generic one found on the VP9 table.

Capture-3

Attachments:
                          Loserman76
                          Participant
                            @loserman76
                            vipMemberContributor

Thanks for the info. That fixed the issue with the lower bumper I was seeing (no wonder I need glasses – couldn’t tell it was actually hitting a rubber and not another bumper over and over – lol)

-LM

ninuzzu
                            Participant
                              @ninuzzu
                              vipMember

You can try to redraw it.

Edit: here at a 2x resolution

CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

I pulled this from my project archives. Source image is from Inkochnito, naturally. I had done some perspective correction in the GIMP. I can’t call it a full re-draw, but maybe it is good enough.

I’ve done a few hundred cards. All my work and sources are on the PinballX FTP.

This work is free to use by the community without attribution. All sources are trademarks / copyrights of their respective owners. This is to be privately used in front-ends or for other non-commercial (or at least non-profit) pinball-related applications. I hold no responsibility for their misuse.

Jon Osborne
                                Participant
                                  @jonosborne

Does anybody have an updated link for this WIP table file?  Thanks!

CarnyPriest
                                  Participant
                                    @carnypriest

Is there something more up to date than this?

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/big-buck-hunter-pro-stern-2009

By the way, I did get around to doing a redraw of the card:

Big-Buck-Hunter-Pro-Stern-2010sm

full size attached in the zip

BrandonLaw
                                    Participant
                                      @brandonlaw

This is a truly underrated table.  Any movement lately on the WIP?

"Fuck this game. I love it."

BrandonLaw
                                      Participant
                                        @brandonlaw

So…I’m definitely no pro, but I did some work on the playfield and that horrendous ‘light plastic’ with the pheasant on it that looked like a fried pork-chop on 4k.  Cleaned them up a bit, and here y’all go.  Much better on 4k.  You know the drill, Re-import from Image Manager.  If my OCD kicks in and I have more time, I may work on the other plastics.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

Attachments:
                                        3 users thanked author for this post.
                                        32assassin
                                        Participant
                                          @32assassin

this is not a WIP,  you can download the table from the download section

the only updates I will make if bugs are found.

as stated in my initial post,  I would like to replace every object in layer 8 with primitives.

I only make primitives from scans not from photos.

great job on the higher quality images I just imported the images to my table,

I played this table recently and the plastic ramp on this table looks nothing like the real one.

as always if anyone has the ramp decals,  I might be willing to make a more accurate plastic ramp primitive.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?