can I run a bat file on shutdown of PinUpSystem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shamous
    Participant
      @shamous

I have a tv I use for my playfield that does not turn off with pc.  I have a CEC Adapter that works well for turning tv on with a batch file on pc start up but it does not work when pc shuts down. (I have tried many ways to get it to work but is has something to do with the order that things are shutdown and it ignores anything I try)  So I thought I would try to have PinUp front end run a batch file when I use the button for pc Shutdown in the Exit menu so it will turn tv off before pc shutdown.  I can get tv to turn off if I write a batch file for pc shutdown with the CEC bat. in it, but I need to have something in popper to trigger it when I select “Shutdown” In Popper Exit menu.

Any ideas would be appreciated  I’m trying to make my Cab a one button on and one button off experience and this is the only thing I can’t get to work.

Thanks

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

easy.  put the contents of you cec.bat or call the cec.bat in the “close script” in popper.   Popper/Global settings has a tab to set any start and close commands.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Shamous
        Participant
          @shamous

Thank you nailbuster!!  For some reason I thought that was for emulator closing ?. I set everything up so long ago I forgot what was what.  Classic overthinking.
          and by the way thank you so much for your awesome system it truly makes my cabinet spectacular!!!    I love how customizable everything is. I just put the finishing touches on my cabinet by installing custom videos with motion graphics I made that match my Cab theme for my intro opening.  It makes it so sweet!!!
          thanks???

Shamous
          Participant
            @shamous

HI Nailbuster  I’m not sure if you’ll receive this with me posting it days after my last reply, but is there a way to set this up where it only runs the bat. script when I select “Shutdown” in the exit menu ?  It does work shutting off the TV now but it does it every time I exit the front end as well.

thanks again!

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

not possible,  but another idea that should work for you.  Search the internet and there’s instructions on how to run a any commands during windows shutdown.  That will probably solve what you need to do.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?