Can you have PinEvent *and* DOFLinx installed together?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Johnny T
    Participant
      @johnnyt

Hi all,

I’m going to be having a go at setting up my addressable LEDs later using DOF. Currently I’ve only got DOF working with VPX and energising a couple of contactors when I hit the flippers.

Assuming I can get DOF to run my LEDs then I’d like to try and tackle Future Pinball.

I know that we need to use “DOFLinx” for FP as it doesn’t support DOF. However, when following through TerryReds tutorials I installed PinEvent and have several PinEvent tables (which are excellent BTW) installed.

I just wondered if installing DOFLinx now would somehow clash with PinEvent?

I’ve searched but can’t find any info on whether these two just happily co-exist or whether I’m better just leaving DOFLinx for now as things are moving towards PinEvent?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

As of today there are 4 PinEvent tables
        See the Guide For info on DOFLinx coexisting with PinEvent
        https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/future-pinball-pinevent-tables/

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Johnny T
        Participant
          @johnnyt

Hi outhere,

Thanks for the link. I can’t see anything on that page regarding DOFLinx and PinEvent co-existing? (although it is a Friday so my brain isn’t the best – am I missing something?)

Yep, I realise there aren’t many PinEvent table at the moment – my question was more around whether I need to choose one or t’other between DOFLinx and PinEvent?

Thanks for your help,

:-)

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

You can have both…you just don’t want DOFLinx open / active while playing a PinEvent table (or even a Led-Wiz table if you have those) to prevent DOFLinx from activating and doing anything with DOF while the PinEvent table is using DOF.

The PinEvent install guide mentions this. What many people do is close down doflinx when launching PinEvent tables…. and then start DOFLinx again, when exiting a PinEvent table.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Johnny T
            Participant
              @johnnyt

You can have both…you just don’t want DOFLinx open / active while playing a PinEvent table (or even a Led-Wiz table if you have those) to prevent DOFLinx from activating and doing anything with DOF while the PinEvent table is using DOF.

The PinEvent install guide mentions this. What many people do is close down doflinx when launching PinEvent tables…. and then start DOFLinx again, when exiting a PinEvent table.

No problem. Understood. I’ll have a look into how to shut down DOFLinx when a PinEvent table starts.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Much appreciated :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?