Conan (Rowamet 1980) VP9 FS Sound MOD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    xenonph
    Participant
      @xenonph
      MemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=61904

I first would like to thank JPSalas and Batch for giving me permission to make this sound mod!!
      I also would like to thank them for making a great table!!
      They both put in alot of time and work on the original table, and it is appreciated!! So if you like this sound mod, I would encourage you to thank the original authors of the table! All I did was add sound effects, and a few other things.

Original Table…
      http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11081

I will be working on learning how to add new plunger. Stay tuned!!

I also would like to thank Allknowing2012 and Gtxjoe for teaching me how to add timers to script.

I found a bunch of sound effects on Google search.
      All of these sound effects are from the first Conan the Barbarian movie that was made in the 80’s.
      There are 10 background music sounds. 5 for plunger pull, 5 for Drain.
      There 19 other voice and sword sound effects trigered by bumpers, rollovers, targets, saucer, coin insert.

Place contents of music folder into music folder where Visual Pinball is installed.

The Credits and Match are off by default.
      Hit F6 on keyboard when table is running to open Settings Menu, and you can adjust from there.
      (I was going to include a nvram with the Credits and Match on, but it would be just as simple for you to change using F6.)

Hope you like it!!

Stay tuned for VPX version of Conan the Barbarian and Destroyer sound mods as JPSalas gave me permission to modify his VPX Rolling Stones!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Slydog43
      Participant
        @slydog43

yeah, the machine keep churning tables out, looking forward to VPX mods!  Sounds are sooooo important to a fun table

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Bob Albright
        Participant
          @bobalbright

I looked around for a backglass, but did not find anything. Did I miss it or is there none available?

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Bob Albright
          Participant
            @bobalbright

Whoops–found one at VPF , albeit a little lame

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

xenonph
            Participant
              @xenonph
              MemberContributor

I may just try to make a couple of dB2S backglasses. One for Conan the Barbarian, and one for Destroyer mod.

These VP9 versions Batch made are the best versions available for this table in my opinion. (Why I chose them to make the sound mods.)

I wanted to make this VP9 sound mod before starting on VPX mods to see how the sounds would work on table.

I also wanted people who are not able to run VPX on their systems yet, to be able to enjoy this sound mod.

Once you make a VPX version, it is hard to go back and make a VP9 version that holds up to the VPX. I noticed this when trying to make VP9 version of GIJOE. Which is why you don’t see a VP9 version of GIJOE yet. (I have plastics and playfield done, but lights need to be adjusted.)

Back to work on the VPX Conan mods!!

xenonph
              Participant
                @xenonph
                MemberContributor

I think I have successfully added Batch’s playfield and Plastics to the VPX version.

Here is a rough draft of what Batch’s  graphics look like in VPX.

Pay no attention to the lights, as I will have to add new ones to Batch’s playfield.

I just blacked out everything except rollovers and lights on JP’s Rolling Stones playfield pic, then made all the rest transparent, and copied and pasted that over batchs playfield image.

I will also have to find a way to get Batch’s apron to fit better. No matter how I shaped it, it wouldn’t fit the VPX table. So I cut off the plunger part just to see example of how it would look. I will make it look like Batch’s original apron.

Remember this is just a rough draft.

Capturetest

Attachments:
                xenonph
                Participant
                  @xenonph
                  MemberContributor

And Destroyer pic I am adding to playfield for Destroyer sound mod.

0Conan-Destroyer-image

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?