Congo POV question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Genesis38
    Participant
      @genesis38

I have a question pertaining so POV’s on a particular table, Congo. While I have enough practice using POV adjustments through editor on either F6 live view or just through the backdrop adjustment, I cannot get the table looking like it’s got any depth. By that I mean comparing to some other tables such as Attack From Mars, Indianapolis 500 and others that have visible sidewalls to give the perception of a real pinball table. Is this something that needs to be incorporated when designing the table, or is there a setting I may be missing on adjustment?

Looking forward to your responses as always.

Thank you. :good:

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

Try the one from the repository in the first link of this post.  I checked there is a Congo in there, be warned you will think all of yours are good until you load more of Hauntfreaks views  ;-)

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/hauntfreaks-fs-pov-repository/

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Genesis38
        Participant
          @genesis38

Thank you Jesperpark, I will give it a try  :good:

Genesis38
          Participant
            @genesis38

So I tried Hauntedfreaks Congo pov and while quite good, it still is missing some of the depth I am looking for. I think the table would have to be remade with the side walls in mind I am guessing. Thank you though, it was worth a try  :good:

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Don’t see why you need to rebuild a table to add sidewalls. Actually. Find a table you like. Open them in the same instance as Congo and copy and paste them over. Of course, they would need to be adjusted for the table. But, in the process you learn something and maybe even you end up with something you like.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Genesis38
              Participant
                @genesis38

Thank you Thalamus. Do you mean copy and paste the POV from another table? Sorry if I’m not making sense, but I’m all for learning. I knew nothing 2 months ago and I was able to figure things out both on my own and with help from members such as yourself and as a result, I was able to build my cab.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

No, table elements. You said you wanted side walls. Then find a game you like that has these and copy from that.

jbg4208
                  Participant
                    @jbg4208

I believe He means copy the sidewalls from another table to congo.

Genesis38
                    Participant
                      @genesis38

Thank you fellows. I’ll give it a try though I am sure I’ll be back with more questions. Not having done this before it’s going to take some time, but I’m sure I can accomplish it.

STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

Give it a try …

Genesis38
                        Participant
                          @genesis38

Holy Moses STAT! Your POV is really nice, thank you for sharing my friend. It’s definitely more of what I am looking for and will replace it with my current POV for sure.

For learning purposes, I would still like to attempt at playing around with it, but it is a bit confusing to be completely honest. Is there a starter guide / tutorial on how to copy / paste walls?

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

No. There is no specific tutorial on the subject. There are some guides to how to make tables, but, none that I would say is complete. VP is very flexible. There are often more than one way to accomplish a task so it is kind of a good thing that tutorials focus on one thing. Copying a object from one table to the next is the start for many to really appreciate this hobby. Remember, almost all objects has textures or materials that goes along with them. You may need want them from the mother table or a different table. Believe me, it is a bit of a challenge at first, but, once you start to understand the basics, you are well on your way to spending more time tinkering than playing :wacko:

Genesis38
                            Participant
                              @genesis38

Thank you Thalamus. I already feel like I spend more time tweaking and updating than playing my cab ?. I’ll follow your advice and get familiar with wall placement to start.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Oh boy. And there I destroyed another family ;-)

Genesis38
                                Participant
                                  @genesis38

?. Wife and kids haven’t seen me in 2 months lol ?.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?