Controls Not Working Correctly Within VP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ourcadecustomarcades
    Participant
      @ourcadecustomarcades

I had all of my controls set for VP9 and VP10 and were working just fine. Now I have a problem where VP10 isn’t accepting the button inputs as I set them. I have both VP9 and VP10 configured the same and VP9 has no problems at all. And then when I test on VP10 some buttons won’t work while others acts as 2 buttons are being pressed at once. Is there a file I can look at to see if there is incorrect values set? I have already tried to reinstall VP and still seem to have the same results.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

First of all. Open up notepad and then press those keys of yours. See if it writes those letters as you expect it to. I highly recommend not changing mappings for left-shift, right-shift, enter, 1, 3 and 5. Preferable also left and right cntr. Since we are talking about a directx application. Using DIView is also a very smart utility to have handy to see what is actually going on. It sees eg. other controllers attached that may send data that VP interpret as it is designed to do.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        ourcadecustomarcades
        Participant
          @ourcadecustomarcades

Sorry I forgot to mention that I’m using a USB encoder. Would this still be the same test method? It acts as a joypad device and had a button number per port. I had everything working correctly. That is until my PC crashed and had to repair it self. Then after that I had to reinstall the codec to play videos as well as redefine joypad inputs in every visual pinball and pinball x. All are working great except for vpx10 and vpx 10.4 “if I recall the exact version.”

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

DIView – sure. That is what VP sees.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            ourcadecustomarcades
            Participant
              @ourcadecustomarcades

I’ve downloaded DIView and the controls are set the same as what they are in VP. Its odd to me because no matter how I have the controls set the volume will turn down when I press a the flipper. But the flipper button will still works. It’s as if there is something else that is causing conflict with the controls?

Right Flipper – Button 1 “Also lowers Volume”

Left Flipper – Button 2

Plunger – Button 3

Start – Button 4

Coin – Button 5

Vol Up – Button 6 “Also Right Flipper”

Vol Down – Button 7

Exit – Button 8

Is there actually a text file anywhere that is set for Visual Pinball that saves when you update the controls in Preferences?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?