Copying files to another hard drive?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mbrave77
    Participant
      @mbrave77

I have pinup player, visual pinball, etc setup on my C drive. If I want to use another hard drive can I just copy and paste my folders over? Will it work? Or would I need to freshly install visual pinball and pinup player on that HD?

Friffy1
      Participant
        @friffy1

No.  There are tons of Registry entries.  If you want to replace your HDD, you’ll want to clone the existing.  Which doesn’t mean you can’t migrate to a larger disk, if that’s what you’re after.

Genesis38
        Participant
          @genesis38

Speaking from experience, I attempted to cheat by copying all the folders and registry keys to another drive and it ended up being a mess and nightmare to deal with. Seeing the AIO installer is so simple to use, it’s best to start over and copy your VP files that way. I setup another Vpin 3 screen setup in 2 hours from scratch doing it this way. 

Mlager8
          Participant
            @mlager8

I’ve never tried this with vpx, but a symbolic link might work. Basically it’s a shortcut for windows that tells the system the folder is at one locations, but it’s really a shortcut to a folder at some other location.

Check out this link:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?