Creating Jokerz! VR room – can’t get b2s or DMD to show up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    toonron
    Participant
      @toonron

Hi guys!

I have followed the instructions on getting a VR room environment from the Clean Room tutorial for vpx but for the life of me I cant get any Jokerz! B2S to show up in the back panel. I wonder if this is because the JpSalas vpx table has a backsplash and stuff intigrated into the table maybe and perhaps its causing a conflict?

If I can get an animated backsplash and the DMD working, I am going to build a cool environment for the table in Maya and then upload it to the site for everybody to enjoy…. just cant get this figured out as to why it wont work.

Anybody who knows more about it than I do wanna help me get this thing up and running completely?

Any and all help would be tremendously appreciated!!

-Ron

toonron
      Participant
        @toonron

I’m even curious just to know if anyone else can open the Jokerz vpx table at VPforums in VPX_GL and can see the background that it normally would have in vpx desktop?

If other people can get a Jokerz table with backglass and DMD running in vpx i’d be happy to just use that table and backglass setup as my basis!

I just want to get a version that works stood up. But that table is the only VPX of Jokerz I have found and it needs to be a VPX table to work in VR… correct?

-Ron

toonron
        Participant
          @toonron

If I have the table with Disable B2S checked, then I get a backglass that is a split screen and looks far away. That is the desktop setup coming through I believe.

Then if I uncheck Disable B2S and use one of the two backglass directb2s files I found on VPforums, I get different responses:

The backglass called “Jokerz (Williams 1988).directB2S” when renamed to the same name as the vpx file results in a dark version of the backglass appearing in the headset but the flashing lit colored one is appearing on my laptop’s screen instead of appearing within the headset.

The backglass called “Jokerz!.directb2s” when renamed to the same name as the vpx file results in a lit version of the backglass appearing in the right place but the DMD is not in the correct place and the spinning wheel in the backglass window where the cards spin just appears black.

Is there a way for me to fix either of these to display correctly?

-Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?