Credit light for Visual Pinball question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    eustonr
    Participant
      @eustonr

Hi.

I’m in the process of building my first ever pinball cab. its an “on the cheap” job, with parts from various places – I’ve built an Arcade cab in the past, and I had some components left over – a couple of buttons, a controller, wiring etc. And I used a gaming PC I wasnt using for anything else important – ripped out the motherboard, powersupply, and  GTX670TI graphics card. I found an old 1280×1024 monitor in my attic for the backglass, and I salvaged a 27 inch widescreen panel from a broken pc monitor for the playfield. I built legs and the skeleton from an old clothes rack. The only thing I bought new was some sheets of plywood for the external panels – plus some spray paint for an 80’s style stencil paint job.  I have a virtuapin plunger already – its installed into my Arcade Cab –  I will be ripping it out for the pinball cab… Oh, and I have a cheap as chips coin door being shipped over from China :good:

Anyway, I havent used Visual pinball before – and I have a burning question I hope someone here can help me with.

What I want to do is illuminate a physical start button, when money is put into the machine – or rather when the table thats being run has credit. .  Has anyone done this? and if so, how? I cant see any option in Visual Pinball for anything like that.  I thought perhaps LEDblinky might do it – however the LEDblinky web page says “Flash start buttons when credits are available – this is a MAME only game dependent feature”

I think it would be possible in a physical sense – ( ie, a circiut that would light the lamp when the coin door sends a credit pulse – that then goes out again when pressed) – but thats not exactly what I want, as it would not be linked to the tables credit – if that makes sense.

Any ideas?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

It is controlled via DOF. http://configtool.vpuniverse.com/login.php

32assassin
        Participant
          @32assassin

“Flash start buttons when credits are available – this is a MAME only game dependent feature”

in Visual Pinball

“Flash start buttons when credits are available – this is a PINMAME only game dependent feature”
          some tables have this feature others don’t,    and its a rom controlled feature that is mapped to your button via
          DOF.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

Is that what COIN is for on DOF?

i never knew that was possible but 1 question, why would you want a credit light.  Real pinballs don’t have one and it’s always displayed on the backglass or DMD.  Seems like an odd request but to each his own

32assassin
            Participant
              @32assassin

their are multiple bally tables have a credit light in the apron

some  have  a  start, tournament button  or buy-in   that light up if you have credits in the machine

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

naeromagus
              Participant
                @naeromagus

For certain games for example Tom, when there is 1 credit or more available the start button will flash. Or when the game gives the option for a buy in option my extra ball button  flashes, other games like lost world the button will stay lite up. With or without a credit. At least that’s how my machine acts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?