Custom Option EmuExitCount breaks with Exit Button mapped to ESC key

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cgcreator
    Participant
      @cgcreator

I’m not sure if this is the right place to log a bug, but wanted to see if anyone else can reproduce this issue. If it is reproducible then want to make sure it’s logged and fixed at some point in the future.

Repro steps:

1. Add custom option to Scripts tab:
        EmuExitCount=2
      2. Set Exit Button to the ESC key in Controller Setup
      3. Start the game and then try to exit by trouble tapping the Exit Button.
      4. Nothing happens and now you are stuck in the game

If I had to guess, the ESC key is canceling whatever timer is being used to test if the exit button is double-tapped

Hope this helps track down the problem. If it’s not reproducible then ill try and track it down further.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Not that I see any use for that myself. It seems that when started from a frontend – this will probably break by a new feature being discussed, if it isn’t already broken like you mention. https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44135&p=451249

Probably best to report this in that thread, IF it is important to you.

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

outside of your question.  ESC key is not good as a exit emulator key.  many emulators do weird things with the ESC key (fx will pause, vpx will bring up sub-menus…etc).

safest to use another key that your emulators aren’t using as the exit emulator key in popper.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?